How different do you think the world would be if.............

but why was knowing a dangerous thing? would knowing make them question god?

plus i did not realize god had limits?

Lets look at this. Knowledge is supposed to be good, right. Yet our expanding knowledge of science and the physical world has led people to turn away from GOD. We (not all) no longer accept creation but believe in the big bang and evolution.

Simplistic maybe.

GOD is limitless. To try and comprehend GOD is an impossibility for us mortals. We were created in his image but we are only like a statue compared to the real thing.

Adam and Eve were, prior to the fall, perfect beings. No disease, no sickness for all intents immortal.

One has to figure out first where the people that Cain joined came from when he was driven out. It would appear to me that God created other people or Cain would have had no one to join.

So lets assume God Created the other imperfect humans as well. If Adam and Eve had not sinned then we would have had perfect people in the Garden and imperfect people on earth. No telling where that would have lead. I assume from the telling that the Garden of Eden was a special place.

somewhere in Missouri....right ?

Adam and Eve were, prior to the fall, perfect beings. No disease, no sickness for all intents immortal.

One has to figure out first where the people that Cain joined came from when he was driven out. It would appear to me that God created other people or Cain would have had no one to join.

So lets assume God Created the other imperfect humans as well. If Adam and Eve had not sinned then we would have had perfect people in the Garden and imperfect people on earth. No telling where that would have lead. I assume from the telling that the Garden of Eden was a special place.

Only if you're a Mormon. Wonder if Mittens would move the nations Capital from DC to there if hes elected?

What they did was learn about sex.

Children run arouin naked until they find out what their genitals are ued for. Then they get modest all of the sudden.

Now if Adam had said "YEAH, I FUCKED HER!!!!!"

God would have struck him down with a lightning bolt.

that would be Zeus.....

I think you have some misconceptions of the Fall. It had nothing to do with them "not taking responsibility" for their actions. And in all actually, they did take responsibility for their actions. God asked them if they had eaten of the fruit and they admitted they did, including telling Him why they did.

No. The Fall occured because they acted contrary to a commandment of God. They ate the fruit when they were told that God forbade it stating that the day they ate of it, they would die.

You notice, that they realized their nakedness after eating the fruit, but before the discussion with God you think caused the Fall.

So the premise of your question is flawed, IMHO.

However, to answer a more general question. Id Adam had not fallen, the world would not have either. We would not exist. Because Adam fell that man might be. The Fall of Adam was a part of God's Eternal Plan for the destiny of man. That's why The Father prepared Christ from before the Foundation of the world to Atone for the sins of the World. Because He knew man would Fall do the agency he was given.

If this hadn't caused the Fall, something would have, because it had to occur before He could send Christ to Redeem us.

Death would not have entered the world without the Fall. Nor would sin have entered the world. Adam and Eve would have remained in a State of Innocence, knowing neither good nor evil.

but why was knowing a dangerous thing? would knowing make them question god?

plus i did not realize god had limits?

It wasn't the knowing good from evil that was the problem. It was the fact that eating the fruit caused death that was the Problem. God always invites, exhorts, and persuades people to life. It's the Adversary that invites death.

I have never reconciled the story of the Garden and the fall. The 'sin' was disobedience because they were told not to eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. But they disobeyed and at of the fruit. We don't know what the actual 'fruit' was. The Bible doesn't say. But it does say that they did not know good and evil until they ate of the fruit. So when they ate, they did not know they were doing wrong. I do not understand why they were 'punished' when they did not know they were doing wrong. And how can desiring 'knowledge' be wrong? The snake even told them that they would 'become as gods knowing good from evil.' If you want to do good, don't you have to know the difference? Or are good and evil just two sides of the same coin and there is no difference, only different consequences at different times and places, with no good deed going unpunished?

The more education I have gotten, the more I have come to see the stories of the Bible in an allegorical sense, rather than a literal sense. I'm not sure I have figured out the allegory in the Genesis story. It still bothers me that they were punished when they couldn't have known they were doing wrong.

Of course there is always Zachriah Sitchen's version of the Garden which postulates that Adam and Eve were two groups of people (like 'man' or 'mankind') genetically engineered by the Annunaki to be their slaves for the purpose of mining gold ore which the Annunaki needed to save their planet's atmosphere. We only use 10% of our brains. So what is the other 90%. Why can't we access it? Do we have knowledge of the universe locked away that we are unable to access because it is the knowledge of and belonging to the gods who do not want us to have it, much as God didn't want Adam and Eve to have knowledge of good and evil? This genetic engineering version certainly accounts for why we have as yet found no 'missing link.' The evolutionary timeline is incorrect for the evolution of humans. It would have taken longer between the two closest hominids/homo sapiens we have found if the giant leap we took in our evolution were not for genetic engineering. Even the Bible says that man mated with immortals and there were 'giants in the earth.' Intellectual giants maybe??? Intellectual giants who knew how to levitate stones to build massive structures and how to use sound to topple the walls of Jericho?

BTW: ABS, interesting thread.

Last edited:
Okay, finally decided to start a thread about this.

The other day, my roomie and I were sitting around talking about theology and God, and I asked her what would have the world turned out like if Adam and Eve had simply admitted to what they did? I mean, God is Love and God forgives if you are sincere in your repentance and resolve to never do that again.

The original sin of the Garden of Eden isn't really talked about much, but what was it? The answer is simple.........it wasn't so much about eating the apple, it was refusing to take responsibility for their actions.

When God asked Adam why he ate the apple, Adam told Him that it was the fault of the woman He'd made for him, because she was the one to give it to him.

Eve refused to take responsiblity either, because she blamed it on the serpent.

Now, in both the 7 Noahide Commandments AND in the 10 Commandments, there is a very specific rule concerning lying. Father said don't when He stated "Thou shalt not bear false witness".

So, my question is, if Adam and Eve had told the truth and took responsiblity, what would the world be like today? Because as previously stated, God forgives sins if you are truly repentant, and I'm pretty sure He could have fixed the situation quite easily if they hadn't lied to Him about what they did.

Discuss...........................

Interesting topic. My idea on it, it was always in the plan. Since God is omnipotent where time is irrelevant, then God knew exactly what would happen. The fall was needed as much as the atonement of Christ. Take for instance the statement in the Bible from Jeremiah 1:5 which says: "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified the, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations." This would lead to think that the spirit of Jeremiah existed before he became mortal. If we conclude this and believe it as fact then we all were spirit children before we received our mortal bodies. And to receive free agency we would have to become mortal and exercise our own judgement to return to the father.

Okay, finally decided to start a thread about this.

The other day, my roomie and I were sitting around talking about theology and God, and I asked her what would have the world turned out like if Adam and Eve had simply admitted to what they did? I mean, God is Love and God forgives if you are sincere in your repentance and resolve to never do that again.

The original sin of the Garden of Eden isn't really talked about much, but what was it? The answer is simple.........it wasn't so much about eating the apple, it was refusing to take responsibility for their actions.

When God asked Adam why he ate the apple, Adam told Him that it was the fault of the woman He'd made for him, because she was the one to give it to him.

Eve refused to take responsiblity either, because she blamed it on the serpent.

Now, in both the 7 Noahide Commandments AND in the 10 Commandments, there is a very specific rule concerning lying. Father said don't when He stated "Thou shalt not bear false witness".

So, my question is, if Adam and Eve had told the truth and took responsiblity, what would the world be like today? Because as previously stated, God forgives sins if you are truly repentant, and I'm pretty sure He could have fixed the situation quite easily if they hadn't lied to Him about what they did.

Discuss...........................

if I recall, it was the tree of knowledge they ate from.

Basically, we would wear cloths only to protect ourselves from the elements.
and we would still be living in caves as hunter gatherers, since we would not have our hunger for knowledge that we now have.

A being cannot exist who is all knowing and all powerful and exist beyond time and not be responsible for everything that happens.

As far as I know.

Well, I thought it was wherever I sat.
:eusa_eh:

A being cannot exist who is all knowing and all powerful and exist beyond time and not be responsible for everything that happens.

As far as I know.

Perhaps that's why He offered up the Atoning Sacrifice of Jesus Christ. Because He is taking responsibility for what happens and needed an act such as that to restore us to where we should have been if we made correct choices.

Forum List

Back