How did you know

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
For all you married people out there. How did you know your spouse was the one?

All of the behaviors and all circumstances seemed to fall into sync with me.

Of course, making it work for a lifetime is always an effort no matter who you are.

Anyone who thinks marriage is just a get-married-and-continue-to-live scenario is missing it.

You have to constantly work at it.

The cool part is that you don't have all the pressure up front of trying to find the PERFECT one.
:D

I knew for a million reasons and for none at all.

I knew because as a divorced woman with 2 small children and a dis-ease that is incurable he still loved me and wanted to be with me.

I knew because he made me want to be a better person/woman.

I knew because I could see the desire in him to be a better persom/man.

I knew when my ex husband brought my kids back from a vacation (who were much younger at the time) ran past me to 'Daddy DK', screaming oh we missed you so much!

I knew when I woke up in the ER and his were the first eyes I saw.

I know everyday when we still have entire conversations without saying a word.

I knew when I realized that everyday that he goes to work, I feel like a piece of my heart has escaped from my body and it doesnt return until he does.

I knew the first time that he asked me for my opinion and respected it.

I know that he is the other part of my soul

I know that he is the breath that keeps me alive.

I know because to this day, we cannot be in a room wihtout touching or hand holding.

I knew when I saw what I felt reflected in his eyes.

I knew when he was willing to give up everything to help make my dreams come true, but he didnt even view it as giving up anything.

I know it when I lay down at night with my head on his chest and his arms wrapped around me.... I wake up in the morning in the same postition.

I knew it the first time that I realized that he cared enough to actually tell me the whole truth about myself when I really didnt want to hear it (when no one else would because they were 'afraid' of how Id react)

I know it everytime I kiss him and still feel that same 'zing' that nearly knocks me off my feet - that zing that you feel when you kiss someone for the first time. I still feel it - every day.

I know it every morning I wake up and he gets me coffee and everyday on the way home brings me coffee too

I knew and know it the first time that my lupus acted up and he was right there.

I know it everytime he gives me an injection (prescription). He hates needles but taught himself how to give me this injection so Im not alwyas having to go to the dr which I hate to do.

I knew it when he stood up to the childrens' father for the children and FORCED him to be a man as well as a Daddy.

I know it when he is so willing to drives literally hundreds of miles a weekend to take the kids tither and yon because Im not feeling well enough to do it - even when he is tired.

I knew it the moment he stepped off the plane; the moment I first looked into his eyes; the moment he first stepped out of his car; the moment that I looked at him as I walked down the aisle.

I know it now because he just came in for no other reason that this: DK: "hon, I just hadnt heard or seen you in a bit...you ok? Is there anything I can help you with"?

If youre lucky, you will have half of the happiness that Ive been blessed enough to receive! Good luck!

yeah yeah yeah - I know its mushy and gushy and all that girly chit (lol). But this is my day to be nice. I will get back to dissin' and dismissin' DK tomorrow :D

I'm a firm believer in the idea there isn't 'a' one. There is a 'type' - I'd guess millions? Hundreds of thousands at least, of women on this planet would make a great spouse.

The key is find somebody with whom you can share unbridled passion, honesty, and commitment.

Commit to loving them - despite of how you may 'feel' from time to time.

:)

Originally posted by Avatar4321
For all you married people out there. How did you know your spouse was the one?

I've been married and divorced three times. Which one do you want to know about? 1, 2, or 3? :D

Gee only took me one marriage and divorce, that was enough. While the lesson took nearly 15 years, that was enough to teach me 'You never really know...'

Originally posted by KLSuddeth
DK married me only for my gumbo.;)

Right on, DK. THe way to a man's(including myself) heart is often through good food. :cool:

But, actually, the other day this guy tried to tell me that food was better than sex.

I guess it would all depend on what yer eatin' and who you're... um...you know.

now see....YOU my dearest are the one that 'went there'. My post could have been construed as my being saccharine sweet again. but noooooo. You have to dirty it all up - muck it all up with your nasty mind. (youre right of course, but that is beside the point)

:clap1:

Forum List

Back