how did you first become interested in politics?!

During my childhood the Great Depression created the greatest political impression on me. The biggest question in America became: will FDR be elected president? He was elected and I think most of America was elated with the election. To this day I can't decide which was worse, the Great Depression or PFC infantry? But if I didn't become a multi millionaire I was a Democrat forever.
Democrats had nominated Trump I would have sat out the election.

i never had an interest in politics at a young age. when i got to college, i started listening to the teachers who were supposed to be our role models and the main thing i couldnt help but think was: are these people nuts? they were saying the most off-the-wall zaniest things you could think of. and they were all agreeing with each other, an echo chamber!
I picked up a copy of The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich in 1968 when I was seven and got turned on to politics..

when i woke up this morning, i checked myself just in case anything changed overnight -

& yeppers, i'm still a respectable woman who has a kid.......

i never had an interest in politics at a young age. when i got to college, i started listening to the teachers who were supposed to be our role models and the main thing i couldnt help but think was: are these people nuts? they were saying the most off-the-wall zaniest things you could think of. and they were all agreeing with each other, an echo chamber!

Until my early 30's I never cared much for politics. Like many younger people, I was a pretty liberal teen. I smoked pot, hated the police, against all war, long hair bellbottom jeans wearing guy who played lead guitar in bands.

When I was in my early 20's I went door to door for the brother of my brother-in-law who was running for State Rep as a Democrat, but I still didn't know anything about politics; I was just trying to help somebody out. So in order to cast a vote for him, I registered as a Democrat.

We were at my sisters house for a holiday, and my father and I began arguing as usual about current events. My brother-in-law was helping my sister bring dinner to the table and he came in the dining room laughing. He said "you must listen to Rush Limbaugh religiously!" I didn't think much about it. I mean.....I heard the name once or twice, but only turned on the radio to listen to rock music. I had no idea WTF this guy was.

About a year later, the Democrats increased cigarette taxes, and I about flipped. Being totally ignorant of politics, I decided to try to learn. Then I thought back to what my brother-in-law said, and searched the radio to find this Limbaugh guy.

It was like listening to myself think only over the radio. I was amazed. I thought the entire country was turning Communist until I heard Limbaugh and later read of his quickly growing popularity. I realized that it was the media who had me believing 1984 was coming to fruition. It wasn't. There were many other people like me. I believed (and still do) that the Democrat party is nothing but a bunch of Communists only hidden behind a very American sounding party name.

That explains so much

You think like Limbaugh spews?

Newsflash...he doesn't even believe the shit he spews...he's just getting rich off using your bigotry and hatred...and fueling it

Back in the '60s when I had draft and the possibility of going to Viet Nam hanging over my head.

Until my early 30's I never cared much for politics. Like many younger people, I was a pretty liberal teen. I smoked pot, hated the police, against all war, long hair bellbottom jeans wearing guy who played lead guitar in bands.

When I was in my early 20's I went door to door for the brother of my brother-in-law who was running for State Rep as a Democrat, but I still didn't know anything about politics; I was just trying to help somebody out. So in order to cast a vote for him, I registered as a Democrat.

We were at my sisters house for a holiday, and my father and I began arguing as usual about current events. My brother-in-law was helping my sister bring dinner to the table and he came in the dining room laughing. He said "you must listen to Rush Limbaugh religiously!" I didn't think much about it. I mean.....I heard the name once or twice, but only turned on the radio to listen to rock music. I had no idea WTF this guy was.

About a year later, the Democrats increased cigarette taxes, and I about flipped. Being totally ignorant of politics, I decided to try to learn. Then I thought back to what my brother-in-law said, and searched the radio to find this Limbaugh guy.

It was like listening to myself think only over the radio. I was amazed. I thought the entire country was turning Communist until I heard Limbaugh and later read of his quickly growing popularity. I realized that it was the media who had me believing 1984 was coming to fruition. It wasn't. There were many other people like me. I believed (and still do) that the Democrat party is nothing but a bunch of Communists only hidden behind a very American sounding party name.

“Drug use, some might say, is destroying this country. And we have laws against selling drugs, pushing drugs, using drugs, importing drugs. ... And so if people are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought to be accused and they ought to be convicted and they ought to be sent up,” Limbaugh said on his short-lived television show on Oct. 5, 1995.

limbaugh.jpg

:auiqs.jpg::113::scared1:

“Drug use, some might say, is destroying this country. And we have laws against selling drugs, pushing drugs, using drugs, importing drugs. ... And so if people are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought to be accused and they ought to be convicted and they ought to be sent up,” Limbaugh said on his short-lived television show on Oct. 5, 1995.

limbaugh.jpg

Limbaugh never used narcotics for recreational joy, he got hooked on prescribed opioids for his back. Furthermore it was never proven that he was dealing in illegal narcotics. That was something his maid and her ex-con husband made up to extort money from him.

That explains so much

You think like Limbaugh spews?

Newsflash...he doesn't even believe the shit he spews...he's just getting rich off using your bigotry and hatred...and fueling it

And you know this how? Oh, that's right, you're a liberal. We're supposed to believe everything you decide to make up in your head.

limbaugh.jpg

Limbaugh never used narcotics for recreational joy, he got hooked on prescribed opioids for his back. Furthermore it was never proven that he was dealing in illegal narcotics. That was something his maid and her ex-con husband made up to extort money from him.

he used them & became addicted.... & i never heard that his housekeeper tried to get him nailed for dealing. but he DID use her to go fetch them illegally. a lot of addicts hooked on heroin started out on oxy, or vicadin, just like your boy. 'cept nobody wants to think of them like that - they are just dirty users in the street. same goes for benzos--- they can get you hooked in a short few days.

“Drug use, some might say, is destroying this country. And we have laws against selling drugs, pushing drugs, using drugs, importing drugs. ... And so if people are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought to be accused and they ought to be convicted and they ought to be sent up,”

that bloated anal cysted draft dodger who made sure HE wasn't 'sent up' like the others is a complete hypocrite in more ways than one.

And you know this how? Oh, that's right, you're a liberal. We're supposed to believe everything you decide to make up in your head.

Dude...you regrugitate Rush fucking Limpdick...of COURSE you think his bullshit is pure gold.

You're one of his rubes

limbaugh.jpg

he used them & became addicted.... & i never heard that his housekeeper tried to get him nailed for dealing. but he DID use her to go fetch them illegally. a lot of addicts hooked on heroin started out on oxy, or vicadin, just like your boy. 'cept nobody wants to think of them like that - they are just dirty users in the street. same goes for benzos--- they can get you hooked in a short few days.

“Drug use, some might say, is destroying this country. And we have laws against selling drugs, pushing drugs, using drugs, importing drugs. ... And so if people are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought to be accused and they ought to be convicted and they ought to be sent up,”

that bloated anal cysted draft dodger who made sure HE wasn't 'sent up' like the others is a complete hypocrite in more ways than one.

No, the leftist authorities tried for years to put him in prison, but they had no evidence to do it on. So they took the strategy of trying to financially wear him down which he eventually gave into. He agreed to rehabilitation and that was the end of it. As for his maid, it was her claim (which she demanded immunity for) to say she did obtain drugs from him, but no proof of that ever happening. It would be way too easy for the authorities to prove. His maid did know of his problem, and blackmailed him for Lord knows how long or how much money.

Jr. Year in High School I took a civics course during the summer along with a Biology. That summer, 1964, the Republican National Convention was held in Daly City, Which was only one block away from the City and County border with San Francisco.

We followed the convention and as it neared its end we voted for who we wanted to receive the nomination, I don't recall the numbers, but the winner was Scranton.

limbaugh.jpg

No, the leftist authorities tried for years to put him in prison, but they had no evidence to do it on. So they took the strategy of trying to financially wear him down which he eventually gave into. He agreed to rehabilitation and that was the end of it. As for his maid, it was her claim (which she demanded immunity for) to say she did obtain drugs from him, but no proof of that ever happening. It would be way too easy for the authorities to prove. His maid did know of his problem, and blackmailed him for Lord knows how long or how much money.

bullshit- he made himself go deaf from popping them thar pills. that's one hell of an addiction & he couldn't always go doctor shopping to get them. CONservatives love to publicly chastise the very abhorrent acts they do themselves in private.

limbaugh.jpg

bullshit- he made himself go deaf from popping them thar pills. that's one hell of an addiction & he couldn't always go doctor shopping to get them. CONservatives love to publicly chastise the very abhorrent acts they do themselves in private.

If he was buying pills from his maid, that would be too easy to prove by having her wired for the transactions. It was her word and she asked for immunity that way she and her ex-con husband wouldn't get prosecuted if Limbaugh could provide evidence of blackmail.

Limbaugh publicly admitted he got hooked on Oxycontin. He explained he was taking a couple of weeks of for rehab and when he returned, shared the experience with his audience.

Forum List

Back