How did you do in 2010?

Gadawg73

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2009
Georgia
My investment land company did not sell anything, no surprises there, so I took another 4K hit on taxes there.
My private investment company did about a 16% gain last year. I probably was too conservative but this is only a paper gain as I made few trades. Taxes on reinvestment of dividends buying more shares.
My detective agency had another very good year, 5 in a row. However, insurance costs, government mandated regulations (from a GOP Legislature) across the board are killing small business here in Georgia.

I did quite well.

But I have always made progress because I pay attention to what is going on.

I saw this mess coming years ago.

Those were the years every republican I knew called me an asshole for telling them this mess was coming.

I sincerely doubt that every republican TM knows called her an asshole for that particular reason.

As for me, I had a quite good year, and cash out big chunk of stock options. I'm also looking at a very intriguing opportunity which I might pursue quite soon.

Personally, financially, I did really well. Likewise with the family business. We're good.... and even better since we shifted the business out of CA.

About 31% overall.
I no longer have any holdings in the dollar or Euro and no longer invest in any US based companies.
My focus this year will continue to be Latin America and the unknown portions of Asia. Especially Indonesia and Vietnam.
Australia and Canada are solid but not "dangerous" enough for my movie. I DO recommend them for the average person.
Better New Year and turn off the BOOB tube...........remain awake. It'll only get better if you get smarter.

I did quite well.

But I have always made progress because I pay attention to what is going on.

I saw this mess coming years ago.

Those were the years every republican I knew called me an asshole for telling them this mess was coming.

:eusa_boohoo::boohoo::piss2:

I did ok, just recently avoided a very close and scary layoff. 4 of us do the same job in our region, 2 were let go.

My family and I are healthy and happy. We're hanging in there but I'm hoping for an amazing 2011 rather than more of the same ole. :)

Personally, financially, I did really well. Likewise with the family business. We're good.... and even better since we shifted the business out of CA.

You know it's unbelievable but one of the political talking heads actually said Jerry Brown is going to run a referendum to rasie taxes again in Californa. :eusa_eh:

I did ok, just recently avoided a very close and scary layoff. 4 of us do the same job in our region, 2 were let go.

My family and I are healthy and happy. We're hanging in there but I'm hoping for an amazing 2011 rather than more of the same ole. :)

If you would just cross over to the RIGHT side the bird of happiness would poop on your lawn. I guarantee it. Happy New Year. Health and good fortune.

I cleaned my closet tues. and wed. , my home office closet is huge and we had papers from over a decade ago, and more...ran across some of my old reviews, pay statements etc...between the early 2000's and now, my income grew a full third, and thats aside from bonuses, stock options awarded etc. My wifes is even higher, she blew by me. Last year was slower due to my job change and her not receiving a raise BUT this year they are going to promote her and they have opened up the review budget and are awarding bonuses, so 2011 may be a banner year.

We grew as people too, seeing our first grandchildren provided a new and in depth outlook at life for us. We feel profoundly fortunate and share that when and where we can.....

Forum List

Back