CDZ How Did the Tax Reform work for you?

I paid a little more to the feds and a modest sum to the state, because of some of the fed loopholes closed
for me. Not complaining, but I think the premise of this thread is somewhat misleading.
Maybe buying more municipal bonds will help this year.

I paid a little more to the feds and a modest sum to the state, because of some of the fed loopholes closed
for me. Not complaining, but I think the premise of this thread is somewhat misleading.
Maybe buying more municipal bonds will help this year.

You have state income tax?

I paid in slightly more....according to my tax prep person. $400 more isn't a huge deal though.

In perspective, it is a huge deal sense billion dollar corporations paid $0.

Not at all if you understand WHY some pay 0 dollars... It's not complicated. EVEN BERNIE knows why GE pays no Federal taxes.. He won't TELL YOU why.. So I will...

In the case of GE, every dishwasher, washing machine, dryer that they sell that is Energy Star listed is a $50 to $75 dollar TAX CREDIT.. Not even just a mere deduction.. Then there is their train and turbine business cashing in on WIND energy credits and various other enviro subsidies... In 2006, they had collected about TWO YEARS worth of tax credits the size of their tax liabilities..

So then there's 5 other companies in their sector doing the same thing. AG BUSINESSES -- the same deal.. Too many tax credits for stuff that DOES NOT NEED subsidies. Elon Musk LIVES on govt loans and tax credits for ALL of his businesses...

NOTHING that is already in the marketplace should be subsidized by tax credits. Not solar. wind, home appliances, electric cars, or AG products.. Neither Repubs or Dems will EVER fix that. To fix that -- you need Independents or fiscal hawks like Libertarians....

Forum List

Back