How Did The Repubs Keep the House Despite Losing By 500,000 Votes? Gerrymandering

That's right, Repugs. You have to get out of the Fox Noise bubble to learn this stuff.

Dem House candidates received a total of 500,000 more votes than Repug House candidates did nationwide. Yet, somehow the Repug Party keeps a 20+ seat majority in the House of Representatives. That doesn't sound like democracy to me.

You see, the Nazi Repug Party doesn't believe in democracy. They KNOW they can't win elections on an even playing field. They can only stay in power by rigging the game through gerrymandering, like they have in Pennsylvania, as this story explains --

RealClearPolitics - In Pennsylvania, the Gerrymander of the Decade?Shove your selective indignation and read the article you posted. Oh yeah, and stop being a whiny punk ffs!

Fortunately, Repugs can't gerrymander a Presidential election, which is why there will NEVER be another Repug President. Well, unless they keep trying to steal elections through ridiculous voter ID laws and voter suppression.

NO REPUG on this board can justify gerrymandering. NO REPUG on this board can justify voter ID laws. EVERY REPUG on this board knows that the only way they can stay in power is to cheat during elections because the demographics of this country are turning against them. Cheating is there only option. Otherwise, they are finished.
Since Democrats have high concentrations in inner cities it isn't surprising. Inner city congressional districts vote Democrat often by 80 to 90% if a Republican bothers running. This, along with the 2010 census which moved congressional districts out of the liberal North East, and yes, redistricting, all kept the House Republican.

Get over it and try not to whine so much. Not good for the old ticker.

I see...pointing out the fact that Repugs kept a 20+ seat majority despite losing by 500,000 votes is "whining". Go fuck yourself, you intellectually dishonest Meathead.

Inner city concentration doesn't explain what's happened in Pennsylvania, which is absolutely ridiculous.
Shove your selective indignation and read the article you linked. And FFS, stop being a whiny punk!

when this changes they will not win another election with this current platform ever again

That's right, Repugs. You have to get out of the Fox Noise bubble to learn this stuff.

Dem House candidates received a total of 500,000 more votes than Repug House candidates did nationwide. Yet, somehow the Repug Party keeps a 20+ seat majority in the House of Representatives. That doesn't sound like democracy to me.

You see, the Nazi Repug Party doesn't believe in democracy. They KNOW they can't win elections on an even playing field. They can only stay in power by rigging the game through gerrymandering, like they have in Pennsylvania, as this story explains --

RealClearPolitics - In Pennsylvania, the Gerrymander of the Decade?

Fortunately, Repugs can't gerrymander a Presidential election, which is why there will NEVER be another Repug President. Well, unless they keep trying to steal elections through ridiculous voter ID laws and voter suppression.

NO REPUG on this board can justify gerrymandering. NO REPUG on this board can justify voter ID laws. EVERY REPUG on this board knows that the only way they can stay in power is to cheat during elections because the demographics of this country are turning against them. Cheating is there only option. Otherwise, they are finished.

The Dems held the Senate despite losing 6 Million votes. What is your Brilliant reason for that.

If you can't figure that one out, then you should go back to school and take a basic math class. Pay attention this time.

This is exactly why, for years, I've tried to urge people to become involved in local politics. According to our Constitution, the States are the ones who determine the Congressional Districts. The Legislatures, along with the governors, make the maps.

Check out Gerrymandering - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

200px-The_Gerry-Mander_Edit.png

One needs to realize that state, county, and municipal elections play a huge part of what happens on the national scene. The legislatures establish districts but counties run the elections and decide what goes on those local ballots.

If there is going to be any change, it has to come at those levels - or else it's all a total waste of time and money.

Lets take a look at the top 10 most gerrymandered districts and their election results.

Zombie » The Top Ten Most Gerrymandered Congressional Districts in the United States

And the results are,
NC-12 Democrat
FL-20 Democrat
PA-12 Republican
NC-6 Republican
FL-3 Republican
IL-17 Democrat
FL-22 Democrat
AZ-2 Undecided
MD-3 Democrat
IL-4 Democrat

Looks to me like that gerrymandering paid off a lot better for the democrats.

Which district were uncontested and which ones were open?

Saying out of context of election realities, that a district has been gerrymandered, is as useless as saying Americans are free.

what does it mean?

How many of those district seats were uncontested and which ones were open? This info is needed to make a judgement like you did

This is exactly why, for years, I've tried to urge people to become involved in local politics. According to our Constitution, the States are the ones who determine the Congressional Districts. The Legislatures, along with the governors, make the maps.

One needs to realize that state, county, and municipal elections play a huge part of what happens on the national scene. The legislatures establish districts but counties run the elections and decide what goes on those local ballots.

If there is going to be any change, it has to come at those levels - or else it's all a total waste of time and money.

:clap2:

it's also a reason during a campaign to urge people to stay home.

Only when speaking in general do I urge people to get involved. I was elected to a City Committee, and believe me, most here are unsuited to be in a room with people who actually care and believe in democracy

Lets take a look at the top 10 most gerrymandered districts and their election results.

Zombie » The Top Ten Most Gerrymandered Congressional Districts in the United States

And the results are,
NC-12 Democrat
FL-20 Democrat
PA-12 Republican
NC-6 Republican
FL-3 Republican
IL-17 Democrat
FL-22 Democrat
AZ-2 Undecided
MD-3 Democrat
IL-4 Democrat

Saying out of context of election realities, that a district has been gerrymandered, is as useless as saying Americans are free.

what does it mean?

How many of those district seats were uncontested and which ones were open? This info is needed to make a judgement like you did

All the ones I looked at were contested, feel free to google it instead of just posting a wishlistshit statement.

Only when speaking in general do I urge people to get involved. I was elected to a City Committee, and believe me, most here are unsuited to be in a room with people who actually care and believe in democracy

Congrats for even taking the effort to run!!!

Sometimes, what the politicians do is unvelievable!

I've seen political maps of Southern Nevada and it's unbelivable what it looks like. We have Las Vegas city, North Las Vegas, and Henderson - all within Clark County. The problem is trying to figure in which one you live! I've seen some maps that show how messed up things are but can't seem to find them right now.

One example: Sahara Boulevard, west of Las Vegas Blvd, is a divider between the city and the county. There is one police department that covers all of Clark County - BUT the Judicial Districts are separate. So, on Sahara, if Metro stops you on the south side of Sahara, you go to District Court. If they nab you on the north side, you go to City Court. Both are in different buildings. And, if you go out Las Vegas Blvd No and cross Owens, you are not in North Las Vegas which has its own police force. BUT, Metro can stop you and issue you a traffic ticket. Where do you go to take care of it - NLV or County.

And don't even begin to ask how to figure out who represents you!!!!! :confused::confused:

And the results are,
NC-12 Democrat
FL-20 Democrat
PA-12 Republican
NC-6 Republican
FL-3 Republican
IL-17 Democrat
FL-22 Democrat
AZ-2 Undecided
MD-3 Democrat
IL-4 Democrat

what does it mean?

All the ones I looked at were contested, feel free to google it instead of just posting a wishlistshit statement.

I guess IT went over your head? It's okay, happens a lot with you people.

It would be in Congressional races that were wide open that a fairer result would be had. Having no incumbent with the huge advantage of incumbency and a gerrymandered district, that would be a race to use as a barometer...

Congrats for even taking the effort to run!!!

Sometimes, what the politicians do is unvelievable!

I've seen political maps of Southern Nevada and it's unbelivable what it looks like. We have Las Vegas city, North Las Vegas, and Henderson - all within Clark County. The problem is trying to figure in which one you live! I've seen some maps that show how messed up things are but can't seem to find them right now.

One example: Sahara Boulevard, west of Las Vegas Blvd, is a divider between the city and the county. There is one police department that covers all of Clark County - BUT the Judicial Districts are separate. So, on Sahara, if Metro stops you on the south side of Sahara, you go to District Court. If they nab you on the north side, you go to City Court. Both are in different buildings. And, if you go out Las Vegas Blvd No and cross Owens, you are not in North Las Vegas which has its own police force. BUT, Metro can stop you and issue you a traffic ticket. Where do you go to take care of it - NLV or County.

And don't even begin to ask how to figure out who represents you!!!!! :confused::confused:

I never ran for a public office, only a party seat. I was on a slate. I actually voted against myself in order to keep perspective. I've known others who did the same thing. Progressive leftists would never understand...nor would right wingers grasp it. :laugh2:

I think you are being a bit unfair. Districts almost always have to be weirdly shaped in many counties because of how populations spread out. Numbers dictate, not shape.

I assume the district courts you mention may be City, County, or State courts? The formula for congressional districts would not take court districts into consideration to the extent that the primacy of the Courts mattered more than the numbers

Last edited:

that is pathetic. I always know who represents me. I moved out west and most people out here having less roots and attachments to a locale, are clueless in this area of societal obligations in a democratic republic. I was horrified find out how few people vote. No wonder so many cities and towns out here have rampant corruption...the door to the candy store is left wide open

A lasting republic demands citizen involvement

The Dems held the Senate despite losing 6 Million votes. What is your Brilliant reason for that.

Well you can't gerrymander statewide offices. I'm not going to bitch about the House though, the Dems will do the same thing when given the opportunity.
They have. From the OP's article:

"Honorable mentions go to Massachusetts and Maryland, whose districts combine to allow for the election of one Republican out of 17 districts."

I know they're liberal states, but I'm pretty sure they're not 95% Democrat. The OP just forgot to whine about that.

And like the little disingenuous Meathead bitch that you are, you conveniently forgot to quote the sentences that followed your quote --

But the legislators in all those states were making heavily Democratic/Republican delegations in states that were likewise heavily Democratic/Republican. That isn’t a tremendous job.

Republicans in Pennsylvania, however, took a state that is two or three points more Democratic than the country as a whole, and created 12 districts (out of 18) that are more Republican than the country as a whole. They did so by creating what can only be called a group of Rorschach-inkblot districts in southeastern Pennsylvania.

The net result is a map that shores up their vulnerable incumbents, and that may well result in a 14-4 Republican edge by the end of the decade.

On your best day, you can't hang with me. That's just a fact, little man.

The Nazi Repug Party does not believe in democracy. The Nazi Repug Party knows they can no longer win elections based on an even playing field. And every Nazi Repug tea bagger bitch on this board KNOWS this is true.

Even with the long voting lines in Democratic districts, Obama KICKED THE SHIT out of Romney. Obama's victory would have been much larger if Nazi assholes like the Repug Ohio Secretary of State had not done everything he could to suppress Democratic turnout.

There will NEVER be another Repug President unless Repug Nazi voter suppression tactics become more widespread. Even you Nazi Repug fucks know voter ID laws are total bullshit. But, hey, that's OK with you. After all, you all are tea bagger Nazis who are willing to do whatever it takes to steal an election. It's in your DNA.

New Topics

Forum List

Back