How Did the Ancients Know About Dinosaurs?

Evidently there were dragons in every society also.

Those stories of dragons and giant serpents are probably as old as mankind itself, I suppose it is possible there may have been a few of these reptiles still around as human society was developing. I don't see why people would think that a complete impossibility.
But not one fossil for 60 million years of rock layers? That's why it wouldnt make sense.

what doesnt make sense is yoour claim of 60 million yrs without proof,,

Oh, ok, another one. So what’s your proof for a worldwide flood? And how did Noah get kangaroos from Oz and back again?

who said they were in oz,,,or that oz was even there???

if you are going to go off of the bible then nothing after the flood was anything like before,,,
So you don’t know how Roos came from a far away continent then got back afterwards. Got it.

And no proof for the flood. Got that as well.
can you prove it was even there???

my belief in a flood is based on several things and a main one is the written record from most of the ancient cultures that recorded the event, the bible being just one of them,,

and also the large coal and oil fields that can only come from a large hydro event,,,you can also look at the fossil graveyards of broken bones that reach hundreds of miles wide stretching from montana to arizona

once you open your mind you might see it to,,,unless of course the indoctrination has gone to far and you will not accept anything other than youve been told to beieve
So your belief in the flood isn’t based on geologic facts but on ancient tales.
Got a link to how you think oil is made?
i had geo in there,,,the fossil graveyards were one,,,

and do you???

do you have any proof oz was there???
or that noah went and got them??
If Noah didn’t have any Roos on his boat, why are there Roos in the world?
How long ago did this flood happen?

Those stories of dragons and giant serpents are probably as old as mankind itself, I suppose it is possible there may have been a few of these reptiles still around as human society was developing. I don't see why people would think that a complete impossibility.
No proof. Now you know.

View attachment 266683
Sure it can be formed that way, but the moving tectonic plates of the earth crash into each other to form mountains and bend the rocks.That's also how we get earthquakes. And sea fossils in layers on top of mountains.

Go ahead and explain how plate tectonics bend rocks. It causes rocks and the earth to break in an earthquake. Like I said the bend is caused by molten rocks (magma) as the mountains rise up or sedimentary layers hardening by a chemical reaction with water. Sounds like you got another fail.
Sorry, not what real scientists say. You have no degree, so stfu.

Haha. You lost again. You cannot backup your claim. It is because you use fake science.

Let's review. You provided a link for dinosaurs and how they determine its age using how stuff works wiki web page. That isn't very scientific, but it will do for a forum. You could not explain in your own words, so I used that to my advantage. I have the research of soft tissue and blood cell evidence from the fossils. Second, there is the research of radiocarbon dating done on it. I shows thousands of years and not millions. All of the findings should be kept since we do not know what the C-14 rates were in the past. Secular scientists assume it was the same. Thus, the radiometric dating, including radiocarbon dating, could be off. This is valid science.

Moreover, we have the evidence of sedimentary layers forming with the Mt. St. Helens EQ. We know those are tens of years old, but radiometric dating provides about 350,000 years. Thus, radiometric dating isn't as accurate as we think because the conditions could have been different in the past, there was contamination in the sample, or our assumptions are wrong. No on actually knows what the ratio of parent-daughter isotopes were in the past. It's a best guess.

Finally, we have the bent rocks evidence. We can actually see that as it happened with Mt. St. Helens.

This is all evidence that backs up Noah's Flood and catastrophism. Bent rocks only happen when rock is molten or when sedimentary layers cause a chemical reaction with water to harden the sediment.
Are you making this up as you go along?

But not one fossil for 60 million years of rock layers? That's why it wouldnt make sense.

60 million years and they havn't found a dinosaur bone? I think they have. I wouldnt say they saw an actual dragon, but some other creature that would be confused as one as the story was passed down through generations

who said they were in oz,,,or that oz was even there???

if you are going to go off of the bible then nothing after the flood was anything like before,,,
So you don’t know how Roos came from a far away continent then got back afterwards. Got it.

my belief in a flood is based on several things and a main one is the written record from most of the ancient cultures that recorded the event, the bible being just one of them,,

and also the large coal and oil fields that can only come from a large hydro event,,,you can also look at the fossil graveyards of broken bones that reach hundreds of miles wide stretching from montana to arizona

once you open your mind you might see it to,,,unless of course the indoctrination has gone to far and you will not accept anything other than youve been told to beieve

and do you???

when did I say he didnt have them,,,

it was you that brought up roos and oz,,,

did you ever get proof it even existed???

60 million years and they havn't found a dinosaur bone? I think they have
There have been no nonavian donosaur fossils found in rock dated after the extinction event. Now, avian dinosaurs...they still exist. We find their fossils.

Maybe...a flightless bird? But they still have/had wings and feathers.

and do you???

How many years ago was the flood?

and do you???

how would I know???

and do you???

how would I know???
Because that would show where Australia was at that time. And you don’t know if Noah got Roos and how he got them, you don’t seem to know much.

and do you???

how would I know???
Because that would show where Australia was at that time. And you don’t know if Noah got Roos and how he got them, you don’t seem to know much.

who said it even existed??? can you prove it did???

and it was you that brought up roos,,,and it obvious you know just as little since youve provided no info yourself,,,

60 million years and they havn't found a dinosaur bone? I think they have
There have been no nonavian donosaur fossils found in rock dated after the extinction event. Now, avian dinosaurs...they still exist. We find their fossils.

Maybe...a flightless bird? But they still have/had wings and feathers.

Perhaps there was some large avian Dinosaur left over in some hot zone somewhere that was large enough to create the winged dragon story. We may not have fossil records to date but I doubt we have even scratched the surface when it comes to discovering all there is to know about the history of the earth. There is more we don't know about than what we have pieced together, considering most of the earth is covered with oceans. There are even underwater cities in the mediteranian and elsewhere, so who knows what else is hiding.

Perhaps there was some large avian Dinosaur left over in some hot zone somewhere that was large enough to create the winged dragon story.
Maybe. By why even make that stretch? People are imaginative. They have dreamt up all sorts of fantastic creatures and spirits and gods.

iu

View attachment 266683
Sure it can be formed that way, but the moving tectonic plates of the earth crash into each other to form mountains and bend the rocks.That's also how we get earthquakes. And sea fossils in layers on top of mountains.

Go ahead and explain how plate tectonics bend rocks. It causes rocks and the earth to break in an earthquake. Like I said the bend is caused by molten rocks (magma) as the mountains rise up or sedimentary layers hardening by a chemical reaction with water. Sounds like you got another fail.
Sorry, not what real scientists say. You have no degree, so stfu.

Haha. You lost again. You cannot backup your claim. It is because you use fake science.

Let's review. You provided a link for dinosaurs and how they determine its age using how stuff works wiki web page. That isn't very scientific, but it will do for a forum. You could not explain in your own words, so I used that to my advantage. I have the research of soft tissue and blood cell evidence from the fossils. Second, there is the research of radiocarbon dating done on it. I shows thousands of years and not millions. All of the findings should be kept since we do not know what the C-14 rates were in the past. Secular scientists assume it was the same. Thus, the radiometric dating, including radiocarbon dating, could be off. This is valid science.

Moreover, we have the evidence of sedimentary layers forming with the Mt. St. Helens EQ. We know those are tens of years old, but radiometric dating provides about 350,000 years. Thus, radiometric dating isn't as accurate as we think because the conditions could have been different in the past, there was contamination in the sample, or our assumptions are wrong. No on actually knows what the ratio of parent-daughter isotopes were in the past. It's a best guess.

Finally, we have the bent rocks evidence. We can actually see that as it happened with Mt. St. Helens.

This is all evidence that backs up Noah's Flood and catastrophism. Bent rocks only happen when rock is molten or when sedimentary layers cause a chemical reaction with water to harden the sediment.

Sorry, but nothing in your long cut and paste supports the Noah's Ark fable.

Perhaps there was some large avian Dinosaur left over in some hot zone somewhere that was large enough to create the winged dragon story.
Maybe. By why even make that stretch? People are imaginative. They have dreamt up all sorts of fantastic creatures and spirits and gods.

Why? why not? its just for fun as well to think what might have been or not. I would never attempt to state something like that as fact but when you consider those stories seem to be found all over the world, perhaps there was a common truth somewhere.

I dont believe you just said that,,,,

BUT YOU DID,,,

Its actually slightly a bit funny there, his second sentence answers his first one in the same post.

Well you are supposed to have some reading comprehension. I never said they grew legs. Where in the hell did you get that from? The ones that are alive are not ancient but the ones that they found that were millions of years old and fossilized are ancient. Just because something doesnt die out doesnt mean it isnt old. It just means its a very successful life form. A good example of that is sharks. They still exist but as a species they are ancient as hell. I think about 300-400 million years old.

Man, you don't know what ToE states. Again, coelacanth was supposed to have died out with the dinosaurs. Also, they are supposed to grow legs and come out of the ocean. It doesn't even grow any legs. They're not ancient.

From water to land

Finding the coelacanth still alive contradicts the tree of life and its position as a common ancestor. If I was still an evolutionist, then I would state that. What you state is stuff that low brow internet atheists believe. Its not based on any transitional fossil evidence. Let the facts make up the theory. Not the theory make up a new story because a common ancestor was contradicted.
The ToE is from Darwin who didnt know shit about genetics, WTF are you talking about? The coelacanth simply stopped evolving long ago. Its environment stayed the same. Thats just one species out of thousands that prove evolution. Again why does the human fetus go through stages where it looks like a fish or bird? Dont avoid the question because its inconvenient to your beliefs.

Hahahahaha. What does your first sentence even mean? It's a non sequitur.

WTF, WTF, WTF!

If the coelacanth stopped evolving, then that contradicts ToE. Read the link I provided. It was supposed to have grown legs and crawled out of the ocean as part of it being a common ancestor in the tree of life.

As for the rest of your rambling, I have no idea how you get one species out of thousands that prove evolution. And what does a fish have to do with the human fetus? Humans are primates and we haven't even gotten from sea creatures to land animals. Like I said, the coelacanth didn't grow legs. We can see that it didn't.

Here is what ToE says about primates.

ape-family-tree-a-family-portrait-pasttime-org-episode-5-throwing-in-human-evolution.jpg

Humans are primates. You have to explain your bizarre and wacky ramblings. If I was an evo, then I would question why there are no transitional fossils from one to another. Australopithecus becoming bipedal is really questionable as we do not see that today and the transitional fossil evidence is sketchy. Lucy's (au af) tour was a dismal failure. People don't believe it. If I was evo, then I wouldn't believe it either. I also pointed out that there are problems with gorillas and chimpanzees. There are no hybrids; it isn't part of natural selection.

Its kind of obvious you dont understand what it means. What it means is you are beating a dead horse by talking about the ToE. That was Darwin that didnt know shit about genetics. Personally I think its fatally flawed in most areas so I dont know why you keep bringing it up like I subscribe to it entirely. I think youre so caught up trying to prove it wrong your reading comprehension spazzed out on you. Its obvious to me that there were one or more life forms created by someone or something and then life evolved. Some creatures couldnt adapt to their surroundings and died out. Others flourished and evolved. Others flourished and stopped evolving because their surroundings remained the same.

We agree Darwin is one of the stupidest AF atheist scientists of all time, but he's way smarter than you. The lie of ToE is what people believe and is what is promoted in schools and museums. I even gave you a link on it.

Anyway, we are done. There is nothing further to discuss because your posts do not answer my questions to you when I asked for clarification on what you stated in your previous post. You do not explain your positions so I nor other people can understand what you are trying to say.

You also do not understand that I believed in evolution first. I studied it using the link. I gave you the reasons I started doubting it and this happened when many articles started coming out against it from 2007 - 2011. I didn't start looking at creation science until 2012 when I became Christian.
I disagree Darwin was simple and I disagree he was smarter than me. He simply didnt have all the information at the time. No one did. People have made mistakes millions of times because they didnt have access to the best information. I cant help what the masses believe. Thats their issue. My point was that you seem extremely lacking in reading comprehension. Youre arguing with me over things I never said. Theres millions of links on the internet. So far you havent given me a reason to believe yours is credible. For all I know you misread and misunderstood it like you did my posts.

You may be done but I am not. I dont care what you believed in at first. That has nothing to do with the point. You claimed that a fish still existing when everyone thought it was extinct meant there was no such thing as evolution. Thats a pretty stupid position to take seeing as there are thousands of animals that prove evolution occurs. If your reading comprehension was better you could simply read my posts without asking for clarification. There is no need to explain the fact that thousands of animal prove evolution. Its self explanatory.

Forum List

Back