How did Republicans earn this reputation they seem to be stuck with?

R

rdean

When you mention the Republican's various wars, they insist it's simply manufactured by the Liberals or the Democrats. If you vote for leaders with certain beliefs, doesn't that prove you share those beliefs? Aren't you reinforcing their agenda?

Don't understand being called liar simply for repeating the words of the Republican leadership.

Just to be honest, where exactly did I get those viewpoints?

Let's take a look at some quotes and USMB members can explain why they were taken out of context:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkjbJOSwq3A]Santorum: Obama "A Snob" For Wanting Everyone To Go To College - YouTube[/ame]

What Obama actually said:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROb2FzukjUo&feature=related]Obama Indirectly Responds To Santorum 'Snob' Comment - YouTube[/ame]

Then there are the views on gay rights:

Rick Santorum - Can Gay People Stop Being gay? - YouTube

You can see the other candidates nodding their heads. She went on to say she would "abolish" the EPA. China has no EPA and they are number one in the world in birth defects.

Let him die:

So he is saying let charity takes care of sick people. Catholic charities get nearly 70% of their money from the government. Now get this, Rick Santorum makes over a million dollars a year but give pennies to charity because he said he can't afford more. Because he has to pay insurance. What about the rest of America. "Let him die?"

Mitt Romney, outraged that someone would suggest mothers should go to work and then suggests that only working mothers have dignity.

The only work poor children know is "illegal".

Evolution:

Only three youtubes per post is allowed

It's endless. I've only barely scratched the surface. This is the day of Youtube. You can go and watch the candidates tell us what they mean and what they think. There is nothing I've made up. I couldn't. I like to think of myself as "creative" but I'm not THAT creative. These things would never occur to me. So where are we "mistaken"?

I just had to go through these videos again. I couldn't make this stuff up.

batman-returns-penguin.jpg

I sit in my dark room and replay these videos over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over until that's all that left of my mind

When you mention the Republican's various wars, they insist it's simply manufactured by the Liberals or the Democrats. If you vote for leaders with certain beliefs, doesn't that prove you share those beliefs? Aren't you reinforcing their agenda?

Don't understand being called liar simply for repeating the words of the Republican leadership.

Let's take a look at some quotes and USMB members can explain why they were taken out of context:

Santorum: Obama "A Snob" For Wanting Everyone To Go To College - YouTube

Obama Indirectly Responds To Santorum 'Snob' Comment - YouTube

You can see the other candidates nodding their heads. She went on to say she would "abolish" the EPA. China has no EPA and they are number one in the world in birth defects.

Bachmann: Repeal The 'Job-Killing' EPA - YouTube

Let him die:

Crowd Yells Let Him Die - YouTube

So he is saying let charity takes care of sick people. Catholic charities get nearly 70% of their money from the government. Now get this, Rick Santorum makes over a million dollars a year but give pennies to charity because he said he can't afford more. Because he has to pay insurance. What about the rest of America. "Let him die?"

Mitt Romney, outraged that someone would suggest mothers should go to work and then suggests that only working mothers have dignity.

Mitt Romney Says "Mothers Are Deadbeats Without Dignity" - YouTube

Newt Gingrich On Poor Kid's Work Habits (Ron Paul 2012) - YouTube

Evolution:

Perry heckled in New Hampshire, asked about evolution - YouTube

Ron Paul: I don't believe in evolution - YouTube

BachmannEvolution - YouTube

It's endless. I've only barely scratched the surface. This is the day of Youtube. You can go and watch the candidates tell us what they mean and what they think. There is nothing I've made up. I couldn't. I like to think of myself as "creative" but I'm not THAT creative. These things would never occur to me. So where are we "mistaken"?
republicans believe in hard work to achieve success !! and teaching kids at an early age good work habits gives them the experience they will need when they bgrow up !!

Bachmann: Repeal The 'Job-Killing' EPA - YouTube

Let him die:

Crowd Yells Let Him Die - YouTube

Mitt Romney Says "Mothers Are Deadbeats Without Dignity" - YouTube

Newt Gingrich On Poor Kid's Work Habits (Ron Paul 2012) - YouTube

Evolution:

Perry heckled in New Hampshire, asked about evolution - YouTube

Ron Paul: I don't believe in evolution - YouTube

BachmannEvolution - YouTube

republicans believe in hard work to achieve success !! and teaching kids at an early age good work habits gives them the experience they will need when they bgrow up !!

A good education is hard work. Too bad they only learned half the equation.

republicans believe in hard work to achieve success !! and teaching kids at an early age good work habits gives them the experience they will need when they bgrow[sic] up !!

but damn that education that would teach a Republican how to spelt :lol:

had work? Republicans and not Democrats? :lol:

It's called a "typo", idiot.

No, you can't. And I could find just as many tapes with prominant democrats taken out of context to make them look stupid.

Do you really think Democrats have a better reputation?

I think the real problem is that we have lost faith in both parties, and rightfully so. Neither party has acquitted itself well in terms of competence, concern for what real people are going through or an ability to level with the American people.

Obama will probably win a second term because Romney is an awful candidate, not because he won the day idealogically.

batman-returns-penguin.jpg

I sit in my dark room and replay these videos over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over until that's all that left of my mind

:lame2::lame2::lame2::lame2::lame2::lame2:

How did Republicans earn this reputation they seem to be stuck with?

how did you earn the reputation you seem to be stuck with?.....could it be your dishonesty in the way you spin what you post?...

How did democrats get the reputation of being anti American communists?
Joseph McCarthy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

HOW? When Joseph McCarthy was celebrating his Irish heritage with his drinking binges, his neurosis caught fire with the dimwitted crowd on the right.

how that explains things fer ya

Except that Joe McCarthy was absolutely correct. The good work he did just didn't last to today. Otherwise Allen West would not have had to point out the the Congressional Progressive Caucus are communists.

How did democrats get the reputation of being anti American communists?
Joseph McCarthy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

HOW? When Joseph McCarthy was celebrating his Irish heritage with his drinking binges, his neurosis caught fire with the dimwitted crowd on the right.

how that explains things fer ya

Except that Joe McCarthy was absolutely correct. The good work he did just didn't last to today. Otherwise Allen West would not have had to point out the the Congressional Progressive Caucus are communists.
Michael Barone: "McCarthy was a pathological liar, an uninformed and obscure politician with certain demagogic gifts"

nope. Uncle Joe was wrong about many things. A stopped clock is right twice a day.

Last edited:
Okay, let's revisit this 'horror' that you supposedly have uncovered:

1. Not everyone should go to college. Couldn't agree more. Auto mechanics, welders, airplane mechanics, and the list goes on and on. Trade school is the answer here, as is a time spent as a journeyman to learn the craft. My son went to college for one semester. It was the biggest waste of money that I have ever seen in my life. Quit and went to a trade school to learn welding on pipelines. Makes a VERY GOOD wage now, although he has to travel alot. To say that everyone should go to college is ludicrous and very snobbish. Course, if you want your plumber to have a bachelor's in French Medival Poetry, then knock yourself out finding one.

2. Gays. I realize that for Democrats and specifically RDEAN, if you do not follow their thought process specifically, then you have been instantly branded as traitorous. The left DEMANDS conformity (refer to 1984 and big brother). However, in Oklahoma we have a constitutional amendment that defines marriage as between one man and one woman. We also do not recognize same-sex marriage performed in other states. Now, you may not like that but over 80% of Oklahomans did when we passed the amendment. I realize that gay rights are kind of the cause celib at the moment, and really what you do in your house is your own business. But I have and will fight to keep the amendment in Oklahoma.

You see, conservatives have a wide range of view points and really I haven't got an issue with anyones viewpoints, even liberals. You can espouse those viewpoints all day long and when I go into the voting booth, I will pull the lever for that candidate who most closely reflects what I believe. What I have an issue with is being told what I am supposed to think and to do. You see, government is NOT MY FRIEND. The thought police are not my friend. Those who would tell me that I have to stand in line and do what I am told, is going to be VERY disappointed at my inability to conform. If I want a Big Mac then you can kiss my butt. If I want to buy an AR-15 with a 40 round magazine, then again, you can kiss my big redneck ass.

Freedom is a very scary thing for you liberals, isn't it?

1. Not everyone ...

:clap2:

I would rather starve in the street than accept welfare. I would rather die from an easily curable infection than allow somebody else to pay my medical bill.

freedom isn't free!!!

:lol:

gawd, you people are deluded :laugh2:

1. Not everyone should go to college. Couldn't agree more. Auto mechanics, welders, airplane mechanics, and the list goes on and on. Trade school is the answer here, as is a time spent as a journeyman to learn the craft. My son went to college for one semester. It was the biggest waste of money that I have ever seen in my life. Quit and went to a trade school to learn welding on pipelines. Makes a VERY GOOD wage now, although he has to travel alot. To say that everyone should go to college is ludicrous and very snobbish. Course, if you want your plumber to have a bachelor's in French Medival Poetry, then knock yourself out finding one.

2. Gays. I realize that for Democrats and specifically RDEAN, if you do not follow their thought process specifically, then you have been instantly branded as traitorous. The left DEMANDS conformity (refer to 1984 and big brother). However, in Oklahoma we have a constitutional amendment that defines marriage as between one man and one woman. We also do not recognize same-sex marriage performed in other states. Now, you may not like that but over 80% of Oklahomans did when we passed the amendment. I realize that gay rights are kind of the cause celib at the moment, and really what you do in your house is your own business. But I have and will fight to keep the amendment in Oklahoma.

You see, conservatives have a wide range of view points and really I haven't got an issue with anyones viewpoints, even liberals. You can espouse those viewpoints all day long and when I go into the voting booth, I will pull the lever for that candidate who most closely reflects what I believe. What I have an issue with is being told what I am supposed to think and to do. You see, government is NOT MY FRIEND. The thought police are not my friend. Those who would tell me that I have to stand in line and do what I am told, is going to be VERY disappointed at my inability to conform. If I want a Big Mac then you can kiss my butt. If I want to buy an AR-15 with a 40 round magazine, then again, you can kiss my big redneck ass.

So, from your point #2....I see that Oklahoma is another state that wishes to remain the equivalent of a Third World Country when it comes to equal rights for its own citizens. Good to know...good to avoid.

Let him die:

Evolution:

Only three youtubes per post is allowed

So you eat dogs and run a male gay sex club out of your basement while stashing thousands of dollars in your freezer?

Fucking jackass.

Forum List

Back