How did Pelosi et al Do It?

see, you say it is ''the corruption that passes for gvt. these days'', implying this is something NEW with this congress, and this is where we differ.....it is not something new, it is not worse than ever, and it certainly is NOT WORSE than the republicans when they held the gavel....

But..... what about those of us who say 'just because it's always been done this way does not make it right, nor acceptable', what about those (like me!) who say that we've had decade after decade of dishonesty and corruption and we would like to stop that. I think the few intelligent lefties and the few intelligent righties might actually agree on one thing.... That we actually want 'Government of the People, by the People, for the People'. Just because we've had decades of lies doesn't make lies ok, it makes us suckers for tolerating it.

What say you, Care? Art15?

I say until both sides come together and put a stop to it then unfortunately this is what it has comes to and the harsh reality is this is how you have to run things if you want to get something done in DC.

The problem is that the the political climate is so bad that neither side can lay down their arms because the other will take it as a sign of weakness and steamroll over them.

Voting out incumbents and putting "the other" party isn't working.

We need a new party.

Form a party that runs on a fiscally conservative/socially liberal platform, and run candidates that adhere to that platform, and I'm on board.

:eek::eek::eek: I agree with you.

I am just so sick and tired of having to choose between a fucking corrupt assclown and a fucking corrupt assclown. I am sick of hearing about politicians with 'years of experience' when what we should be saying is 'years of corruption'. I am sick of people either deliberately or with stupidity totally missing the fucking obvious because it suits their political agenda.

As Dennis Miller once noted Pelosi never blinks "like a lizard sunning herself on a rock."

She never blinked on healthcare.

But..... what about those of us who say 'just because it's always been done this way does not make it right, nor acceptable', what about those (like me!) who say that we've had decade after decade of dishonesty and corruption and we would like to stop that. I think the few intelligent lefties and the few intelligent righties might actually agree on one thing.... That we actually want 'Government of the People, by the People, for the People'. Just because we've had decades of lies doesn't make lies ok, it makes us suckers for tolerating it.

I say until both sides come together and put a stop to it then unfortunately this is what it has comes to and the harsh reality is this is how you have to run things if you want to get something done in DC.

The problem is that the the political climate is so bad that neither side can lay down their arms because the other will take it as a sign of weakness and steamroll over them.

We need a new party.

Form a party that runs on a fiscally conservative/socially liberal platform, and run candidates that adhere to that platform, and I'm on board.

I am just so sick and tired of having to choose between a fucking corrupt assclown and a fucking corrupt assclown. I am sick of hearing about politicians with 'years of experience' when what we should be saying is 'years of corruption'. I am sick of people either deliberately or with stupidity totally missing the fucking obvious because it suits their political agenda.

Senator Cali Gal.... mmm

And raising taxes and spending like this Administration is just spinning our wheels. Except they are spending even faster than raising taxes. Record spending.

we HAD record spending the last administration ollie, now this is just record spending on the last record spending....

non discretionary spending has been cut in the obama budget....

the bailouts and stimulus pkgs are out of the ordinary spending....and i am NOT saying that i agree with it all....just that these things are not what is normally faced in a budget.

the deficit is so high, because we are not pulling in the taxes we once did when we were not in an economic slump....less people working, less taxes they collect to pay the bills.

we need people to have jobs, to get us out of this deficit mess, and a curb on spending.

Jobs would have helped with health care too. And I don;'t care what the money is being spent on it's time to stop the stupidity. You simply cannot spend what you just don't have. The USSR learned that the hard way.

LOL. I thought about commenting on the size of her gavel, but then decided to focus on the corruption that passes for government these days. But that gavel is one powerful symbol for that don't you think?

see, you say it is ''the corruption that passes for gvt. these days'', implying this is something NEW with this congress, and this is where we differ.....it is not something new, it is not worse than ever, and it certainly is NOT WORSE than the republicans when they held the gavel....

I say amen to that. And I read the OP among other things, and I also heard our elected leaders, including our President, stand up and with a straight face say that there was no corruption, no graft, no pork, and no payola in this 'landmark legislation and that it was 'proof' that this is still a government by the people, of the people, and for the people. (Never mind that a substantial majority of the people did not want this legislation and do not trust it.)

So I add to CG's list that I want elected leaders who actually respect the people and would not presume to play us for fools.

And raising taxes and spending like this Administration is just spinning our wheels. Except they are spending even faster than raising taxes. Record spending.

we HAD record spending the last administration ollie, now this is just record spending on the last record spending....

non discretionary spending has been cut in the obama budget....

the bailouts and stimulus pkgs are out of the ordinary spending....and i am NOT saying that i agree with it all....just that these things are not what is normally faced in a budget.

the deficit is so high, because we are not pulling in the taxes we once did when we were not in an economic slump....less people working, less taxes they collect to pay the bills.

we need people to have jobs, to get us out of this deficit mess, and a curb on spending.

Jobs would have helped with health care too. And I don;'t care what the money is being spent on it's time to stop the stupidity. You simply cannot spend what you just don't have. The USSR learned that the hard way.

If you have not read Cloward Piven's strategy to collapse an entire system to rebuild it, I recommend you do so. Actually, I would recommend that everyone reads it, no matter what political persuasion you are. Some of you may even agree with it. Many will be horrified by it. But we should know about it. Because the POTUS does.

We need a new party.

I like you, agree with what A-15 said!!

So, we have a government who is willing to go to any lengths to pass legislation that isn't even finished--the Senate is debating the changes that will be attached even after the President signs this into law--are you guys happy about that?

We have a government who is willing to lie, cheat, strong arm, coerce, bribe, cut special deals, feed special interests, and lie to everybody to accomplish legislation that nobody knows exactly what it will do or how it will do it, that will raise taxes in a deep recession, that will increase already intolerable deficits, that most of the people don't want or are highly suspicious of. . . . .

So isn't it obvious that we have a government that is going to do whatever it pleases no matter what the people want?

How likely might it be that this same government, using this same tactics, will impose Cap & Trade? How likely might it be that this same government, using the same tactics, will give amnesty and permanent resident status to all persons in the country illegally and also afford them the option to bring in any of their families from other places?

You can bet this government is going to move right to the next issue and make every attempt to divert the national debate away from healthcare now.

I wouldn't be surprised to see this government make a brave attempt to repeal the 22nd amendment if they remain in power after 2010.

i have not seen any proof of the lie, cheat, strong arm etc..... i think that is mere partisan speculation, at best foxfyre.

i have not seen any proof of the lie, cheat, strong arm etc..... i think that is mere partisan speculation, at best foxfyre.

I accept that as your opinion Care. But if you think this (and other) administrations/Congresses have not lied, cheated, strong armed, etc., I have to believe that comes from some sort of unintentional partisan blinders.

You did read the OP?

Forum List

Back