How Did Obama Pay for Harvard?

SolarEnergy1

May 18, 2007
How exactly did Barack Obama pay for his Harvard Law School education?

The way the Obama campaign has answered the question was simply hard work and student loans.

But new questions have been raised about Obama’s student loans and Obama’s ties to a radical Muslim activist who reportedly was raising money for Obama’s Harvard studies during the years 1988 to 1991.

The allegations first surfaced in late March, when former Manhattan Borough president Percy Sutton told a New York cable channel that a former business partner who was “raising money” for Obama had approached him in 1988 to help Obama get into Harvard Law School.

Newsmax.com – Obama’s Harvard Years: Questions Swirl

Suggestion: Read the article in full before commenting.

From Newsmax.com:

Obama’s Harvard Years: Questions Swirl

How exactly did Barack Obama pay for his Harvard Law School education?

The way the Obama campaign has answered the question was simply hard work and student loans.

But new questions have been raised about Obama’s student loans and Obama’s ties to a radical Muslim activist who reportedly was raising money for Obama’s Harvard studies during the years 1988 to 1991.

The allegations first surfaced in late March, when former Manhattan Borough president Percy Sutton told a New York cable channel that a former business partner who was “raising money” for Obama had approached him in 1988 to help Obama get into Harvard Law School.

Full Story here

That's actually pretty interesting. Not that I believe it was funded by a Muslim, but how DID he pay for Harvard? Student loans and pell grants only cover so much (it wouldn't even pay $25,000 a year NOW, much less 20 years ago).

I see you still didn't answer the question of HOW he paid for Harvard. Thanks.

Who gives a rat's ass?

George Bush blows 4,000 American lives and $700 billion dollars on Iran, and Phil Gramm causes the destruction of our financial system with derivatives, and all you can talk about is Obama's Harvard scholarship?

You really need to take a cold, hard look at yourself.

sorry, I clicked the link and have no interest in reading another bullshit right site claiming some phantom between Obama and the muslims.

Obama paid for his education with student loans...

he was only able to pay them off with the royalties from his two best selling books

Michelle Obama: Barack’s Book Sales Paid Off Our Student Loans - America’s Election HQ

^^ look it's on FOX... it must be legit!

The question is not how the loans were paid off it's who loaned him the money to begin with.

A distinguished black New York politician, who is an Obama supporter, is the one who made the statement in question. Read the article. What are you afraid of?

sorry, I clicked the link and have no interest in reading another bullshit right site claiming some phantom between Obama and the muslims.

Obama paid for his education with student loans...

he was only able to pay them off with the royalties from his two best selling books

Michelle Obama: Barack’s Book Sales Paid Off Our Student Loans - America’s Election HQ

^^ look it's on FOX... it must be legit!

There's no way he was able to receive enough student loans to fund Harvard. I can't even get $20,000 a year in student loans today (the max is $12,500). Even with a pell grant, my total financial aid package would be able $17,500. 20 years ago, it was probably half of that.

:eusa_boohoo:Spare me. After what Governor Palin and her family have been through surely you can't be serious. Not to mention the cheap shots on McCain's homes and cars.

please tell me what Palin and her family "have been through"? questioning her record is legitimate. questioning her actions as mayor and gov are legitimate. Her family, unfortunately, was put in the position of being in the spotlight by Sarah when she accepted the nomination for VP.... ANY politiican would've been treated the same way. The crying and carrying on by the right over poor Sarah Palin and her family is ridiculous, especially when taken in the context of how the Clinton's daughter was treated and how other politicians' families are treated. I think they got off pretty easy.

as for McCain's homes and cars? do you not think it's worth noting that Obama gets called an elitiest but he owns ONE HOME and ONE CAR but McCain is a "man of the people" with his 7 homes and 13 cars? yeah okay... keep sqawkin... :eusa_boohoo:

There's no way he was able to receive enough student loans to fund Harvard. I can't even get $20,000 a year in student loans today (the max is $12,500). Even with a pell grant, my total financial aid package would be able $17,500. 20 years ago, it was probably half of that.

:lol: you're pathetic jsanders...really you are....

I went to a two year school and get almost $15,000 grand a YEAR just for a community college loan... don't tell ME that he couldn't apply for and receive MULTIPLE student loans to pay for harvard... it's done ALL THE TIME...

Last edited:
Who gives a rat's ass?

George Bush blows 4,000 American lives and $700 billion dollars on Iran, and Phil Gramm causes the destruction of our financial system with derivatives, and all you can talk about is Obama's Harvard scholarship?

If his Harvard tution WAS paid for by a Muslim, I daresay the American people have a right to know. Again, I don't believe it, but I still want to know how it was paid for.

Last I checked, Bush hasn't blown any money in Iran. And, last I checked, Bush isn't running for President again.

And that you continue to blame Gramm for the financial mess proves how fucking stupid you are. The fault lies with a lot of people, from both parties.

The question is not how the loans were paid off it's who loaned him the money to begin with.

A distinguished black New York politician, who is an Obama supporter, is the one who made the statement in question. Read the article. What are you afraid of?

ummm dumbfuck... student loans are issued through the federal government... are you that retarded? I know...I have student loans myself...

I'm not "afraid" of anything...I just have no desire to give even a minute of my time to some idiot right wing nut job conspiracy.

as for McCain's homes and cars? do you not think it's worth noting that Obama gets called an elitiest but he owns ONE HOME and ONE CAR but McCain is a "man of the people" with his 7 homes and 13 cars? yeah okay... keep sqawkin... :eusa_boohoo:

Wealth does not an elitist make, attitude does.

If you think Palin's past is fair questioning (which I agree with), so is this.

ummm dumbfuck... student loans are issued through the federal government... are you that retarded? I know...I have student loans myself...

I'm not "afraid" of anything...I just have no desire to give even a minute of my time to some idiot right wing nut job conspiracy.

And you tell me when the government started loaning $25,000 a year in student loans, and I'll vote for Obama. They max is $12,500 a year, NOW. No telling what it was 20 years ago.

If his Harvard tution WAS paid for by a Muslim, I daresay the American people have a right to know. Again, I don't believe it, but I still want to know how it was paid for.

Last I checked, Bush hasn't blown any money in Iran. And, last I checked, Bush isn't running for President again.

And that you continue to blame Gramm for the financial mess proves how fucking stupid you are. The fault lies with a lot of people, from both parties.

Warren Buffett disagrees with you....

Buffett On Derivatives: 'A Fool's Game' - Seeking Alpha

Oh, I actually made a mistake. The maximum for graduate students is $20,500 a year now. So, 20 years ago...who knows what it was?

Who gives a rat's ass?

Iran?
:eusa_whistle:

New Topics

Forum List

Back