How did legislation get this bad and what can be done to fix it?

An illegal (I had no idea) from New Zealand whom I hire to do handyman work at my vacation home from time to time sustained a compound fracture in his arm on Thursday. He is rushed to the ER where he is immediately moved and prepared for surgery. When he wakes administrators greet him with paperwork to be filled out. He tells them he has no insurance and that he will have to pay cash for the services rendered, they chuckle and return with a bill and more paperwork. As they’re asking for SS# and more identification he finally feels compelled to tell them that he’s here illegally. The administrators tell him “you’re lucky, you won’t have to pay this bill, there’s really nothing the hospital can do to collect it from you.”
Now, if this man were a middle class American homeowner who can’t afford healthcare as he’s living week to week trying to put kids through school he’d be subject to collections, leins, negative credit and even home foreclosure.
Is our system broken?
Now, a Democrat would say “provide the freebie to both subjects and send the wealthy the invoice”....a Republican would say “stop that illegal from ever entering and reduce the healthcare cost to the American.”
Folks, our system is badly broken and Democrats like it just the way it is. Their proposed “free healthcare to ALL U.S. and Mexico citizens” isn’t sustainable....this is simple shit for retards.
Vote to fix this shit by not voting Democrat.

Sounds like it's working as intended, illegals before citizens all the way.

An illegal (I had no idea) from New Zealand whom I hire to do handyman work at my vacation home from time to time sustained a compound fracture in his arm on Thursday. He is rushed to the ER where he is immediately moved and prepared for surgery. When he wakes administrators greet him with paperwork to be filled out. He tells them he has no insurance and that he will have to pay cash for the services rendered, they chuckle and return with a bill and more paperwork. As they’re asking for SS# and more identification he finally feels compelled to tell them that he’s here illegally. The administrators tell him “you’re lucky, you won’t have to pay this bill, there’s really nothing the hospital can do to collect it from you.”
Now, if this man were a middle class American homeowner who can’t afford healthcare as he’s living week to week trying to put kids through school he’d be subject to collections, leins, negative credit and even home foreclosure.
Is our system broken?
Now, a Democrat would say “provide the freebie to both subjects and send the wealthy the invoice”....a Republican would say “stop that illegal from ever entering and reduce the healthcare cost to the American.”
Folks, our system is badly broken and Democrats like it just the way it is. Their proposed “free healthcare to ALL U.S. and Mexico citizens” isn’t sustainable....this is simple shit for retards.

The ONLY way to fix this whole mess that is US politics is to change how people vote so there's real choice when people go to the polls, real representation in government.

What are you talking about? You said fake documents and I asked what he showed you. Knowing what kind of fake documents are being used is absolutely in line with your OP. Why can’t you just answer simple questions? That’s your second dodge in a row.

NEGATIVE....this thread is not about the documents illegals use to scam employers...Where you wanted to go with it was clear...your attempt to plug in twisted trivia doesn’t work with me bud, I’ve been down that road with you many times. You can’t control yourself and stay reasonable, you always start out sane and logical but fall into full LefTardism real quick.
It’s been fun though...thanks for your participation.
My first response to your OP was asking you how you would want to see this situation handled, trying to engage about policy ideas. You dodged answering and instead made some empty retort. Then YOU brought up fake documents and I asked what documents and again you dodge answering and accuse me of trying to spin. What a joke.

How about you try again and get this thread on track by giving a real answer to this question. How would you like to have seen this situation handled and what new laws would you want to see put in place to fix the problem in the future?

Slade, this isn’t complicated. Change would start with demands being made by the bulk of We The People. ALL good, real Americans SHOULD want rid of ALL illegal wetbacks.
Achieving that goal is the easy part...it goes like this.
Shut the border down 100%
Implement the most aggressive form of stop and identify the world has ever seen. Arrest and deport all undocumented filth immediately...no due process.
Cut all benefits to illegals including K-12 education...starve them out.
If a wetback needs ER services treat them and put them on a bus to Mehico
Streamline the fuck out of the deportation process.
This all scares the shit out of you doesn’t it? Have you pissed yourself yet? Now let’s here all your “yeah buts”.
Your turn.
Your ideas don’t scare the shit out of me. They make me laugh. You essentially want to create martial law. Interesting idea from a so called conservative... you sound more like a commie.

Now how do your brilliant ideas apply to the New Zealand contractor you mentioned in your OP?

Make no mistake about it, I am in fact suggesting we move to full martial law, full commie with regard to illegals.
No exceptions for the New Zealander.
We can’t solve a problem of this magnitude without operating way outside the box. There’s just no way to be diplomatic on this one Slade...feelings will have to be hurt.
Great ideas man.. good luck with that! :cuckoo::cuckoo:

NEGATIVE....this thread is not about the documents illegals use to scam employers...Where you wanted to go with it was clear...your attempt to plug in twisted trivia doesn’t work with me bud, I’ve been down that road with you many times. You can’t control yourself and stay reasonable, you always start out sane and logical but fall into full LefTardism real quick.
It’s been fun though...thanks for your participation.
My first response to your OP was asking you how you would want to see this situation handled, trying to engage about policy ideas. You dodged answering and instead made some empty retort. Then YOU brought up fake documents and I asked what documents and again you dodge answering and accuse me of trying to spin. What a joke.

How about you try again and get this thread on track by giving a real answer to this question. How would you like to have seen this situation handled and what new laws would you want to see put in place to fix the problem in the future?

Slade, this isn’t complicated. Change would start with demands being made by the bulk of We The People. ALL good, real Americans SHOULD want rid of ALL illegal wetbacks.
Implement the most aggressive form of stop and identify the world has ever seen. Arrest and deport all undocumented filth immediately...no due process.
This all scares the shit out of you doesn’t it? Have you pissed yourself yet? Now let’s here all your “yeah buts”.
Your turn.
Your ideas don’t scare the shit out of me. They make me laugh. You essentially want to create martial law. Interesting idea from a so called conservative... you sound more like a commie.

Now how do your brilliant ideas apply to the New Zealand contractor you mentioned in your OP?

Make no mistake about it, I am in fact suggesting we move to full martial law, full commie with regard to illegals.
We can’t solve a problem of this magnitude without operating way outside the box. There’s just no way to be diplomatic on this one Slade...feelings will have to be hurt.

That’s it? That’s all you got? You essentially beg me for input then you duck out?
Come on man, give the audience here something...explain your “ideas”.

Your turn.

That’s it? That’s all you got? You essentially beg me for input then you duck out?
I’m just more liberal than you, I’m very much for personal freedom and human rights, not tight government control... so we disagree on how to handle this issue. I don’t want to see our country get militarized and go into a martial law state. I don’t want to see millions of people rounded up and shipped away, I don’t want to see the racist idiots come out of the woodworks and get empowered by a brutal policy like you are proposing.

I think immigration is good for our country. The more people we have the larger we can grow our economy. We have plenty of space we just need to be smarter with how we use it. I do believe that it is a problem that so many are undocumented in this country, I think an effort needs to be made to get them in the system. I think those in line waiting to immigrate the legal way should be rewarded and those who cut in line should take a less attractive path. Im fine supporting border security and a better visa system. I think the wall is propaganda and a waste of money for something that sends the wrong message. Build walls and fencing and electronic surveillance where needed but America has always been an inviting country, even to the poor, and that’s how I personally would like to see my country’s reputation remain.

Now how about you respond with a thoughtful answer.

So it is the democratic view that having secure borders is equivalent to marshal law. Deporting illegal immigrants without lengthy trials is equivalent to marshal law. Denying illegal immigrants employment, education and medical care is equivalent to marshal law.

That is the democratic position, right Slade? I think you are one of them.

So it is the democratic view that having secure borders is equivalent to marshal law. Deporting illegal immigrants without lengthy trials is equivalent to marshal law. Denying illegal immigrants employment, education and medical care is equivalent to marshal law.

That is the democratic position, right Slade? I think you are one of them.
That was a funny attempt to spin... I was responding to BrokeLosers ideas which he called full martial law. See his statement below. Don’t pretend like he was suggesting common sense law enforcement and I was trying to paint it as martial law. That’s exactly what he wants to happen and he even said so. Go have a cup of coffee I don’t think your firing on full cylinders quite yet.

BrokeLoser said:

Your turn.

I’m just more liberal than you, I’m very much for personal freedom and human rights, not tight government control... so we disagree on how to handle this issue. I don’t want to see our country get militarized and go into a martial law state. I don’t want to see millions of people rounded up and shipped away, I don’t want to see the racist idiots come out of the woodworks and get empowered by a brutal policy like you are proposing.

I think immigration is good for our country. The more people we have the larger we can grow our economy. We have plenty of space we just need to be smarter with how we use it. I do believe that it is a problem that so many are undocumented in this country, I think an effort needs to be made to get them in the system. I think those in line waiting to immigrate the legal way should be rewarded and those who cut in line should take a less attractive path. Im fine supporting border security and a better visa system. I think the wall is propaganda and a waste of money for something that sends the wrong message. Build walls and fencing and electronic surveillance where needed but America has always been an inviting country, even to the poor, and that’s how I personally would like to see my country’s reputation remain.

Slade, have you ever tried to reason with someone whom operates solely on nobility and emotion?
You offer no logic in your position, it’s all just warm and fuzzy feel good stuff. Let’s break down your extremely misleading context.
“I think immigration is good for our country.“
On its face this sounds amazing...your context is warm and fuzzy.
“Immigration”, LEGAL IMMIGRATION can be good for our country. High iQ, well educated, English speaking, moral, decent, law abiding, self funded LEGAL IMMIGRANTS should be welcome here. Nobody will debate that with you.
The more people we have the larger we can grow our economy. We have plenty of space we just need to be smarter with how we use it.”
I can assure you NOBODY wants to use all of our “space” and NOBODY but big biz and .GOV gives two shits about GDP and how “big” the U.S. economy can get. The majority of Americans prefer less traffic, more open space, a less competitive economy...Believe it or not most Americans are quite simple, they value quality of life above all things.

I have to ask you; where do you live and have you truly experienced the wetback effect?

Slade, have you ever tried to reason with someone whom operates solely on nobility and emotion?
You offer no logic in your position, it’s all just warm and fuzzy feel good stuff. Let’s break down your extremely misleading context.
“Immigration”, LEGAL IMMIGRATION can be good for our country. High iQ, well educated, English speaking, moral, decent, law abiding, self funded LEGAL IMMIGRANTS should be welcome here. Nobody will debate that with you.
The more people we have the larger we can grow our economy. We have plenty of space we just need to be smarter with how we use it.”
I can assure you NOBODY wants to use all of our “space” and NOBODY but big biz and .GOV gives two shits about GDP and how “big” the U.S. economy can get. The majority of Americans prefer less traffic, more open space, a less competitive economy...Believe it or not most Americans are quite simple, they value quality of life above all things.

I have to ask you; where do you live and have you truly experienced the wetback effect?
I grew up in California where I now live for most the year and I also have a house in Austin Texas where I also lived for a number of years and still visit frequently.

When I say I think immigration is a good thing... yes obviously legal is better than illegal, but my point was that I see value in people coming to our country to live and work. So deporting 20 million people is not a good thing both for the warm and fuzzies and also for our economy and communities.

I also don’t agree with this merit based idea... sounds like a bunch of elitist only wanting to associate with other elitists. I think our country should be open to everybody and they should have the opportunity to achieve success through hard work. I’m fine with incentives that attract people of high merit or an expidited process for people who come with means to start businesses or visas for specialty workers etc.... there should be a balance.

Which elements of my statement do you not agree with or which ones would you like me to explain the logic for? Happy to do so.

Which elements of my statement do you not agree with or which ones would you like me to explain the logic for? Happy to do so.

I don’t agree with any of it.

“When I say I think immigration is a good thing... yes obviously legal is better than illegal, but my point was that I see value in people coming to our country to live and work.”
“Legal” should be is ONLY option Slade...how do you struggle with this? American people have laid laws on our books for a reason.
Again, there is value in LEGAL educated, English speaking, high iQ, moral, decent, self funded immigrants living and working in the U.S.
Do you think Americans benefit from the presence of illegal, uneducated, non-English speaking, low iQ, immoral, indecent, taxpayer funded immigrants?

“I also don’t agree with this merit based idea”
EXACTLY you don’t like the idea of protecting good American taxpayers, to the contrary, you prefer to help foreigners in despair with my checkbook. You’re picking foreigners over countrymen.

Sounds like a bunch of elitist only wanting to associate with other elitists.”
Haha...You weirdos love catch phrases and impact words. “Elitist”
Hate to break it to you bud...but good people have standards and expectations of others...All good people prefer to live among other good people...bad people tend to struggle with this notion as they feel inferior to good people...as they should.

I think our country should be open to everybody and they should have the opportunity to achieve success through hard work.”
How did you come up with this crazy shit? Your position on this goes against the desires of our founders, Americans and fundamental American values....Think sovereignty.

Slade, I’m sorry bud but I just don’t have the patience to trade dialogue with unreasonable minds. You are so far apart from good Americans it’s pointless.
Our taxpayer funded system is not designed for the world to use...it was designed and implemented with the sole intent of benefiting Americans and Americans only.
I’m thoroughly convinced you are from Mexico, there is just no way any legitimate American can share your position without a STRONG tie to foreign territory.

Is our system broken?
I heard Trump has plan to fix Healtcare.

Is our system broken?
I heard Trump has plan to fix Healtcare.

My healthcare is fine...I pay my bill every month...no issues. Weird huh?

“When I say I think immigration is a good thing... yes obviously legal is better than illegal, but my point was that I see value in people coming to our country to live and work.”
“Legal” should be is ONLY option Slade...how do you struggle with this? American people have laid laws on our books for a reason.
Again, there is value in LEGAL educated, English speaking, high iQ, moral, decent, self funded immigrants living and working in the U.S.
Do you think Americans benefit from the presence of illegal, uneducated, non-English speaking, low iQ, immoral, indecent, taxpayer funded immigrants?

EXACTLY you don’t like the idea of protecting good American taxpayers, to the contrary, you prefer to help foreigners in despair with my checkbook. You’re picking foreigners over countrymen.

Hate to break it to you bud...but good people have standards and expectations of others...All good people prefer to live among other good people...bad people tend to struggle with this notion as they feel inferior to good people...as they should.

I think our country should be open to everybody and they should have the opportunity to achieve success through hard work.”
How did you come up with this crazy shit? Your position on this goes against the desires of our founders, Americans and fundamental American values....Think sovereignty.

Slade, I’m sorry bud but I just don’t have the patience to trade dialogue with unreasonable minds. You are so far apart from good Americans it’s pointless.
Our taxpayer funded system is not designed for the world to use...it was designed and implemented with the sole intent of benefiting Americans and Americans only.
I’m thoroughly convinced you are from Mexico, there is just no way any legitimate American can share your position without a STRONG tie to foreign territory.
I’m a white guy born in California with family ties that go back to the mayflower. I have no ties to foreign territory but I do believe that we are all people living in one world and I don’t buy into all the tough guy nationalism crap. And who are you to define what a “good American” is? When I listen to your ideas and wetback talk I don’t hear good American values, I hear a selfish, stubborn, entitled prick.

Now to address your points:
To me America is a place of opportunity where somebody of low means and education can achieve success through hard work. That is the American Dream. Not IQ testing or measuring people’s bank accounts. With that said, I’m fine with incentivizing people of “means and merit” to come here. There needs to be a balance.

Second, the “elitist” term is one used by right wingers against big Money Dems and Hollywood types. Don’t pretend like it is a liberal buzz word.

As for our founders intent, I don’t think you really know what that was nor do I really give a shit. This is our world and our country and the system is designed for us all to have a voice and express our opinions. I’ve never called for open borders, I believe there should be security and a system in place. The one we have now is broken and needs to be fixed. We obviously have very different views about how to fix it.

Last edited:

I’m a white guy born in California with family ties that go back to the mayflower. I have no ties to foreign territory but I do believe that we are all people living in one world and I don’t buy into all the tough guy nationalism crap. And who are you to define what a “good American” is? When I listen to your ideas and wetback talk I don’t hear good American values, I hear a selfish, stubborn, entitled prick.

To me America is a place of opportunity where somebody of low means and education can achieve success through hard work. That is the American Dream. Not IQ testing or measuring people’s bank accounts. With that said, I’m fine with incentivizing people of “means and merit” to come here. There needs to be a balance.

Second, the “elitist” term is one used by right wingers against big Money Dems and Hollywood types. Don’t pretend like it is a liberal buzz word.

As for our founders intent, I don’t think you really know what that was nor do I really give a shit. This is our world and our country and the system is designed for us all to have a voice and express our opinions. I’ve never called for open borders, I believe there should be security and a system in place. The one we have now is broken and needs to be fixed. We obviously have very different views about how to fix it.

“Tough guy nationalism crap”
Is that when REAL Americans are patriotic, value borders, sovereignty, citizenship, law and order? That’s horrible...Are those things a terrible inconvenience for you?

“To me America is a place of opportunity where somebody of low means and education can achieve success through hard work. That is the American Dream.”
AGREE....HOWEVER....The American Dream is intended for Americans and people Americans INVITE to take part in it. You don’t like that We The People have a say in that do you?

“As for our founders intent, I don’t think you really know what that was nor do I really give a shit. This is our world and our country and the system is designed for us all to have a voice and express our opinions.”
Every single law, statute, mandate and regulation stems from the U.S. Constitution, that pesky document you hate so much has built this nation. We never have nor will we ever operate on “feels”, nonsense, nobility and emotion....Sucks huh?

The United States Of America was built by specific people for specific people for a reason. I’ll let you stir on that one.

“Tough guy nationalism crap”
Is that when REAL Americans are patriotic, value borders, sovereignty, citizenship, law and order? That’s horrible...Are those things a terrible inconvenience for you?

“To me America is a place of opportunity where somebody of low means and education can achieve success through hard work. That is the American Dream.”
AGREE....HOWEVER....The American Dream is intended for Americans and people Americans INVITE to take part in it. You don’t like that We The People have a say in that do you?

“As for our founders intent, I don’t think you really know what that was nor do I really give a shit. This is our world and our country and the system is designed for us all to have a voice and express our opinions.”
Every single law, statute, mandate and regulation stems from the U.S. Constitution, that pesky document you hate so much has built this nation. We never have nor will we ever operate on “feels”, nonsense, nobility and emotion....Sucks huh?

The United States Of America was built by specific people for specific people for a reason. I’ll let you stir on that one.

borders, sovereignty, citizenship, law and order? That’s horrible...Are those things a terrible inconvenience for you?

No, I value all those things. Tough guy nationalism is an attitude that “this is all mine and not yours and you have no right to try and be a part of it so you can fuck off..” sort of thing

people Americans INVITE to take part in it.

Not all immigrants are invited, unless you are talking about the chain migration thing that y’all are trying to get rid of. Is that how your ancestors got here? Somebody invited them?

U.S. Constitution, that pesky document you hate so much

I think the US constitution is a great document. Petty comments like this just show me how presumptive and incorrect you are. It is an emotional comment which is something I constantly see you criticizing the left for doing. How about you not be a hypocrite and people might respect you a little more.

Forum List

Back