How did Islam spread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
stoor said:
anymore means that it was a "slip of the tongue"? Are you this forgiving with liberals who do the same? I think that is a pretty big mistake to make when you are representing a nation that is perceived as Christian and referring to a region that is inhabitated by Muslims. And as a matter of fact, he didn't correct himself, his people said he misspoke. Find me a quote where he corrects himself.

"This crusade, this war on terrorism, is going to take awhile. And American people must be patient," Bush said.

http://www.recordonline.com/archive/2001/09/17/rdp16.htm

Fine his people said he misspoke. Clearly a correction at that level. Show me that he is using the term loosely. You pulled up the one time that he mistakenly used the word and then call that loose usage?

An error is different than loose usage, and believe me if he used it loosely I would be right in line with you.

This is a President that has shown his strongest trait isn't communication skills that used a word one time at a place he shouldn't have. He misspoke. Had he been saying the word daily I would certainly agree it was loose usage of the word.

Oh and BTW, the "this war on terrorism," part of the sentence was the correction that I spoke about. I listened to the speech, it was clear he was correcting himself by his body language and tone.

one time too many. Does he use it anymore? No. Does he think of it this way, maybe or maybe not. The problem is he said it once and that once resonates not only all over the Middle East but also all over the world. The word is a sensitive word for Muslims because it represented a time of pluralism and enlightenment in our global society, only to be betrayed during the Crusades.

Maybe the term loosely is the wrong word to use in this context. When you use a term like crusade that has great emotion power to some people, all it takes is once.

And why are we so lenient on the president and his infinite numbers of grammatical and linguistic errors? He is the president of the most powerful and influential country in the world. He should know how to speak his native language.

stoor said:
one time too many. Does he use it anymore? No. Does he think of it this way, maybe or maybe not. The problem is he said it once and that once resonates not only all over the Middle East but also all over the world. The word is a sensitive word for Muslims because it represented a time of pluralism and enlightenment in our global society, only to be betrayed during the Crusades.

Maybe the term loosely is the wrong word to use in this context. When you use a term like crusade that has great emotion power to some people, all it takes is once.

That was my point, the term was not loosely used but used in error. I agree he should have been very careful never to use that term at all. However by changing the words it becomes clear to all the Moderate Muslims the world around that he clearly didn't mean it in the context the radicals are attempting to make them believe he did. Assuming that all Muslims are the exact same with the exact same opinion appears to be a problem here.

And why are we so lenient on the president and his infinite numbers of grammatical and linguistic errors? He is the president of the most powerful and influential country in the world. He should know how to speak his native language.

There have been many Presidents that didn't speak well that were very effective. Others with odd accents, and even some that never graduated from college. Your assumption that people need to be well spoken as a requirement of leadership is simply a poor assumption.

I agree, many Muslims were not offended by his comment and I think if alot of Muslims were, we would see more of a violent revolt than we already see. The funny part is that I don't think Bush is as religious as people believe him to be. I have read a few articles where he has suggested that he believes all of the montheistic faiths worship the same God and that he doesn't think that how you worship and perceive God is as important in how you act.

no1tovote4 said:
There have been many Presidents that didn't speak well that were very effective. Others with odd accents, and even some that never graduated from college. Your assumption that people need to be well spoken as a requirement of leadership is simply a poor assumption.

As for his speaking ability, I don't blame him personally for not being a great speaker. God knows, I have struggled when speaking in a public arena. I would just prefer the president who represents your and my country be an eloquent, charismatic individual. That may be too lofty of a goal but hey, it is the president we are talking about. I think I should be idealistic in this case. With that said, I guess a very select few would ever meet that requirement.

no1tovote4 said:
He corrected himself and nobody calls this a crusade except the lefties and they do that to undermine any successes that may be made.

I call it a crusade, and I hope it succeeds.

I don't mince words. This is a clash of civilizations. Their civilization is evil, and needs to be redone or undone. I've no preference either way.

I think in two thousand years the historians will call this a crusade, hopefully the final crusade. So be it.

stoor said:
Why did they want to exterminate the Jews? It wasn't because of racism because many Jews are fair-skinned and blue eyed, why the Jews?

It most certainly was racism. Dear lord do you know nothing of Nazi ideology? It was entirely predicated on the concepts of racial superiority and Darwinian survivalism.

Ask our resident Nazi. He makes no destinction between the practicing religious jews and the ethnic Hebrews. They are all the same to him.

Besides it wasn't just the jews. It was the gypsies, the homosexuals, the communists, the mentally retarded, the physically deformed, anyone of slavic descent, jehovah's witnesses, and anyone else who was deemed racially inferior or couldn't be trusted to tow the party line.

With respect to use of biblical phrases, it's called demagogeury.

And add to this even in their wars they bring lots to these countries
And DIDN’T KILL CIVILIANS as what going right now
And if you make a statistics of how many people killed while these war
And how many CIVILIANS get killed in the Iraq ,, you will find IT MORE IN Iraq and what destruction became in iraq

Americans kill civilians? You are a nut. No one in history has ever surgically removed so many combatants without disturbing a hair on the head of any non-combatants. What did you call Hussein's crushing of his own people? That wine-swilling, womanizing, megalomeniac killed millions. Where is the outrage in that? Hypocrite!

Trigg said:
Arabian, this question is for you.

I know next to nothing about the muslum religion, so if you could answer these questions.

In Saudi Arabia and Afghanistan do the moral police make all woman cover up, or is it only Muslum woman? If they make the christian woman cover up do you agree with this or do you feel they are pushing their religious ideas on others?

Do you think it would be better to have a seperation of church and state in these countries, in order to avoid persecution on non-muslums.

How are things done in Egypt as far as religous freedom?

actually friend
here in Egypt there are lots of christians
and other religion
we have here lots of churches,, even we have deer sant katreen in sainai
if you heard about it
and its soo old ,,actually i dont know since when
but its maybe even before muslims entered Egypt
and christians were so welcoming the Muslim campaign to open Egypt
especially after they heard about the tolerance and fair in this religion and what they faced from the Romans Imprors
as i said their is no force in religion
and as i said
i've lots friends who are christians
and they wear whatever they won't
no one force them to wear a specific cloth
but actually to tell the truth
they wear a very respectful clothes,,not an attractive wear
and other not
here in egypt it depend in how you raised up ,, so it will affect your clothes
and sometimes christians Invite us in Ramadan on Al-Eftar
and sometimes they fast with us
and we congratulate each other in any occausion,, its normal here
and they are dealing the way we deal
maybe in saudi arabia this sitiuation because its where Mecca resign and this is a holly place
and they also didnt force them to have the Islam as a religion
they only pay attention to what they wear ,,
and maybe cause they ,, idont know exactlly ,,,all im saying is MAYBE
but actually friend i dont think this situation is still up till now
i hope i gave you an answer or even a hint
of what you want

[QUOTE='ol Perfessor]And add to this even in their wars they bring lots to these countries
And how many CIVILIANS get killed in the Iraq ,, you will find IT MORE IN Iraq and what destruction became in iraq

Americans kill civilians? You are a nut. No one in history has ever surgically removed so many combatants without disturbing a hair on the head of any non-combatants. What did you call Hussein's crushing of his own people? That wine-swilling, womanizing, megalomeniac killed millions. Where is the outrage in that? Hypocrite![/QUOTE]
yeah man Americans killed civilians
what you call what is happening now in iraq
if you read the history you will see
how much Muslims build in the country they enterd and how was the civilization they built
is what they do in iraq you call it building
is when the US soldier stel the gold from the palaces is that building
man didnt you see the ijnured man that they killed him in the mosqui with a bullet right in his head
is that building
didnt you see the distruction that they made in iraq
is that building
how many years the Iraqis' will need to build back they own country
haa
is it building when they left the Fallujah totally destructed and broken
man they remove the army and police
Iraq now without army
they fight CIVILIANS
man judge with your conciuose,,, is that building???

how much Muslims build in the country they enterd and how was the civilization they built

I seriously doubt Muslim armies entered and occupied ANY country without doing exactly what you have just mention, and worse. Get real.

Arabian said:
yeah man Americans killed civilians
what you call what is happening now in iraq
man didnt you see the ijnured man that they killed him in the mosqui with a bullet right in his head
is that building
didnt you see the distruction that they made in iraq
is that building
how many years the Iraqis' will need to build back they own country
haa
is it building when they left the Fallujah totally destructed and broken
man they remove the army and police
Iraq now without army
they fight CIVILIANS
man judge with your conciuose,,, is that building???

I see more Iraqis killing Iraqi civilians than anything else in Iraq. Actually, let me restate that.... I see more MUSLIMS killing Iraqis.

Said1 said:
I seriously doubt Muslim armies entered and occupied ANY country without doing exactly what you have just mention, and worse. Get real.

listen said
i wasnt their this period
all i read is just books
and as long as i know about my religion and what is his intention
i believe they did they best not to heart civilians
their is a point that you didnt pay attention to it
all the countries that Muslims opened,, was occupied
and taste the badest from the occupation
Egypt for example were under the judge of roman
didnt you ask your self why Muslims had all of these lan opened
these was because the people of these countries helped them
cause they heared before about the Islam tolerance and they know the Islam concepts and see how they were knoledgeable
and they knew that Muslims will help them to be soo
have you heared or even read that Muslims left after them a destructed country or even place
said i know you are so opened
you sure know the UN laws about how to deal with prisoners of war and how to deal in the pattels
now read about these laws in Islam
you will find it the same and more fair,,
this what islam came from more than 1400 years and they worked with it
cause they fear allah, cause they know he see him every where and in every time, not because they fear the UN that neither America nor Israel listen or do its decisions
now see what America did with Iraqis'
what do you excepect from them
im talking about Islam as a religion
and im not saying that all Muslims practice islam as it
but what happening from Iraqis' side is a resistance
and defending
I see more Iraqis killing Iraqi civilians than anything else in Iraq. Actually, let me restate that.... I see more MUSLIMS killing Iraqis
sorry free and fun i cant get your point

you don't get it that every day we see in the news how insurgent car bombs are killing Iraqis? Are you living under a rock? Me thinks so! Some say the insurgents are Iraqis, but more and more it is coming out that they are Muslims from Syria, Jordan, Egypt, etc. and not Iraqis. Why dont' the foreign insurgents just leave and let the IRAQIs decide what they want?

listen said
i wasnt their this period
all i read is just books
and as long as i know about my religion and what is his intention
i believe they did they best not to heart civilians
their is a point that you didnt pay attention to it
all the countries that Muslims opened,, was occupied
and taste the badest from the occupation
Egypt for example were under the judge of roman
didnt you ask your self why Muslims had all of these lan opened
these was because the people of these countries helped them
cause they heared before about the Islam tolerance and they know the Islam concepts and see how they were knoledgeable
and they knew that Muslims will help them to be soo
have you heared or even read that Muslims left after them a destructed country or even place
said i know you are so opened
you sure know the UN laws about how to deal with prisoners of war and how to deal in the pattels
now read about these laws in Islam
you will find it the same and more fair,,
this what islam came from more than 1400 years and they worked with it
cause they fear allah, cause they know he see him every where and in every time, not because they fear the UN that neither America nor Israel listen or do its decisions
now see what America did with Iraqis'
what do you excepect from them
im talking about Islam as a religion
and im not saying that all Muslims practice islam as it
but what happening from Iraqis' side is a resistance
and defending
and yeah sorry free and fun i cant get your point

You aren't serious are you? You can't even make a solid decision about who is is getting killed! Make up your mind, are they part of some resistance, or are they innocent Iraqi civilians? Either way, that's the worst pile of shit I have read in defense of Islam and Mulsim rule to date. I hate to argue with people about the history of their own countries, but you are out of you mind if you expect me to take you seriously. Period. Go spread your Jihad elsewhere

[QUOTE='ol Perfessor]And add to this even in their wars they bring lots to these countries

Americans kill civilians? You are a nut. No one in history has ever surgically removed so many combatants without disturbing a hair on the head of any non-combatants. What did you call Hussein's crushing of his own people? That wine-swilling, womanizing, megalomeniac killed millions. Where is the outrage in that? Hypocrite![/QUOTE]

your reply, afendi , has naught to do with what I was addressing.

Arabian,

This is an article about a muslum woman living in Canada. I think it brings up some very good points about women in the muslum religion. Why are women considered second class citizens and not allowed to go to school or travel by themselves in some countries? What do you think of this article.

For more than 30 years, much of the Muslim world has been sliding backward, away from modernity. Maybe the West and Israel, defeat and humiliation, dictators, emirs or mullahs are to blame. Or maybe it's one of those cycles of fanatic religiosity that afflicts every society from time to time. Some voices of reason, however, have to stand up and say "Enough! There is a modern world and Muslims should be part of it." Some apostles of progress have to do more than bemoan their fate, bow to the diktats of intolerance, make excuses for willful ignorance or turn their backs on the faith altogether.

Well, at long last that chorus is growing among Muslims, and if you listen to the most strident voices, damned if they don't sound like an all-woman band. They're way out there on the edge of the faith; their message and their lifestyles are so far from the torpid Muslim mainstream they're almost in the desert. Yet precisely because they're taking such radical stands, they're doing what dissidents and radicals often do: drawing fire from zealots, angering the complacent—and creating space for more moderate voices to be heard and accepted.

Right now it's a 36-year-old Canadian Muslim, Irshad Manji, who's singing loudest. Her in-your-face book, "The Trouble With Islam," is a diatribe filled with aphorisms so bitter and sharp, she makes death-defying heresies sound like dirty jokes. Heaping scorn on Al Qaeda and Hamas preachers for promising suicide bombers they'll wake up to 70 virgins in Paradise, she writes: "it's like a perpetual license to ejaculate in exchange for a willingness to detonate."

Manji takes on all the mantras of Muslim victimization, all the tenets of intolerance: "Why are we [Muslims] being held hostage by what's happening between the Palestinians and the Israelis? What's with the stubborn streak of anti-Semitism in Islam? Who is the real colonizer of Muslims—America or Arabia? Why are we squandering the talents of women, fully half of God's creation? How can we be so sure that homosexuals deserve ostracism—or death—when the Koran states that everything God made is 'excellent'?" (Manji is "openly but not arrogantly" gay, she says.) "What makes us righteous and everybody else racist?"

Manji's critics call this opportunism, and say she's just an egotist pandering to the West. But it's risky business. Death threats come often, and sometimes with enough specifics to be taken very seriously by the police. Manji, with her spiky hair and cantankerous mien, isn't exactly in hiding. But others are. When Dutch filmmaker Theo van Gogh was murdered last month after releasing a movie critical of Islam called "Submission," a knife was plunged into his body with a message to a Muslim-born woman who is a member of the Dutch Parliament, Ayaan Hirsi Ali. She had written the script. Shortly before the murder she told NEWSWEEK, "My main aim is to reform Islam, to make people think and to decide on a more humane Islam." She is now under 24-hour guard at an undisclosed location

[you don't get it that every day we see in the news how insurgent car bombs are killing Iraqis? Are you living under a rock? Me thinks so! Some say the insurgents are Iraqis, but more and more it is coming out that they are Muslims from Syria, Jordan, Egypt, etc. and not Iraqis. Why dont' the foreign insurgents just leave and let the IRAQIs decide what they want?.
[/QUOTE]

Actually no one know exactly who are those guys
They maybe Iraqis maybe not
They maybe Muslims and maybe not
No one can know ,,
Even if they say ,, you cant be sure
But all I know that all of that appears after the USA war against al Iraq
And we all know this well
And yeah
Islam isn't one guy Islam isn't me alone nor him alone
And all what I speak about here is the Islam as religion it self
There is a good Muslim and bad Muslim
As there is a bad Christians or Jews as long as there are good
And neither me nor you could judge him or know the situation that made them so cause we don’t live in their environment or know what happen around them from events

and why also the US leave
man Jordan,, Syria,,, Egypt and Iraq
are arab countries know how to help each other
even if there some problems between them
you could fight with your brother but in the same time you dont want one guy from the street come to tell you how to deal with him

Said1 said:
You aren't serious are you? You can't even make a solid decision about who is is getting killed! Make up your mind, are they part of some resistance, or are they innocent Iraqi civilians? Either way, that's the worst pile of shit I have read in defense of Islam and Mulsim rule to date. I hate to argue with people about the history of their own countries, but you are out of you mind if you expect me to take you seriously. Period. Go spread your Jihad elsewhere

Yes they are both
these guys who are dieing there are those guys who walk on the street those who live in these spoiled place with what rest with their homes
And memories and school they are the resistance and civilians in the same time
They didn’t choose this but the USA choose that for them,
The US marine entered the civilian resist,
And if you wanna know about the real Jihad

http://web.fares.net/w/.ee7e490

And again why you don’t wanna me to answer when you speak here about my religion and brothers,, why you don’t want me to give you the real picture of Islam
I can't get the point
One asked a question and I just help to give him the answer
I don’t make up answers all I get or say is the truth
I don’t makeup stories

Actually no one know exactly who are those guys
They maybe Iraqis maybe not
They maybe Muslims and maybe not
No one can know ,,
Even if they say ,, you cant be sure
But all I know that all of that appears after the USA war against al Iraq
And we all know this well
And yeah
Islam isn't one guy Islam isn't me alone nor him alone
And all what I speak about here is the Islam as religion it self
There is a good Muslim and bad Muslim
As there is a bad Christians or Jews as long as there are good
And neither me nor you could judge him or know the situation that made them so cause we don’t live in their environment or know what happen around them from events

and why also the US leave
man Jordan,, Syria,,, Egypt and Iraq
are arab countries know how to help each other
even if there some problems between them
you could fight with your brother but in the same time you dont want one guy from the street come to tell you how to deal with him[/QUOTE]

Not all Moslems are terrorists, but all terrorists are Moslem.

"Once again, communism still has more deaths in this past century than all the religions in the world combined since the beginning of man. I know its convienent for the left to forget this when arguing against religion but atleast try to be honest."

Communism, the lack of religion, has killed more people than what religion ?! As we speak the Darfur region is killing your remark. Communism may have killed more than Christianity, but Islam is by far a more destructive world influence. However, lets' keep apples w/ apples. Even if religion didn't out and out kill millions of people in the dark ages and before, it certainly made their lives miserable. If you count forced conversion as death then I'm not so sure that you are right at all. I consider it the killing of truth and choice which is bad enough. So as Jewish as i am, I keep a skeptical eye on religions simply for the fact that power invites corruption.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back