How did Islam spread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the question was where is Christian extermism and I was saying that Christianity was an element in these conflicts. I am not saying that Christians got together and decided to attack other countries, I am saying that Christianity was a component.

You can't deny that the Third Reich was not made up of millions of Christians. I don't think Hitler was a Christian but I do think he used Christianity to buttress his cause.

Zhukov said:
That was ethnic, not religious.

The Serbian massacre of the moslems was a remnant of a hatred that predates the First World War.

And no one was trying to convert anyone.

Absurd. Christianity as a weapon?

Hitler's wars were wars of conquest and racial annihilation, not wars to spread Christendom. He attacked and invaded other Christian countries. He conspired with moslems to foment unrest in the British middle eastern protectorates.

Be serious.

stoor said:
You can't deny that the Third Reich was not made up of millions of Christians. I don't think Hitler was a Christian but I do think he used Christianity to buttress his cause.

Christianity was never a plausible buttress for the cause of Nazism. And while there may have been many Christians in the German Army, I have yet to see any evidence that they joined up because of their religion.

The problem I see with the muslums is that the fanatics are the ones in charge. The most conservative ones who want to push their agenda on the mass population through military might.

Jews have their ultra conservative - Hasidic

Christians - Amish, Minnonite, Nazarine

The good thing in the US is that these very conservative groups can't impose they're views on the mass population.

Zhukov-

Zhukov said:
Then explain why they attacked other Christian nations.

Because Hitler was a fascist monger. I am not saying this is a crusade, I am saying that millions of his supporters were Christians as I am sure millions of Muslims supported him because of his hatred for the Jews.

I don't think it matters that he attacked other Christian nations. I think he wanted world domination at any and all costs. Muslim countries attack other Muslim countries. Does that mean one of the countries involved is not predominantly Islamic?

Zhukov said:
Yes I can.

Come on, wasn't Germany a Christian nation before Hitler got a hold of it? Are you saying that most of the Germans converted to Hitler's ideals and did away with the Christian core?

Trigg said:
The problem I see with the muslums is that the fanatics are the ones in charge. The most conservative ones who want to push their agenda on the mass population through military might.

The good thing in the US is that these very conservative groups can't impose they're views on the mass population.

I agree to an extent. I think some of the leaders want to or have wanted to become more secular and progressive in the past but have feared violent revolts and backlash from the conservative component of their country. Hopefully the young will have a voice in the near future as they are trying to do in Iran.

stoor said:
Because Hitler was a fascist monger. I am not saying this is a crusade, I am saying that millions of his supporters were Christians as I am sure millions of Muslims supported him because of his hatred for the Jews.

I don't think it matters that he attacked other Christian nations. I think he wanted world domination at any and all costs. Muslim countries attack other Muslim countries. Does that mean one of the countries involved is not predominantly Islamic?

The point is relevance. The fact that the Germans were predominately technically Christians is irrelevant. The Nazi movement was not a form of Christian extremism.

stoor said:
Come on, wasn't Germany a Christian nation before Hitler got a hold of it? Are you saying that most of the Germans converted to Hitler's ideals and did away with the Christian core?

It was a joke based on your phrasing. The way you wrote it, which I understand was unintentional, you implied that the German people weren't Christians. I was just having a little fun.

Trigg said:

Nazarenes are "ultra-conservative"?? You must not have ever been to a Nazarene church. I have been going to one for about four years, and compared to the several other denominations I've worshipped with, they are pretty middle-of-the-road, especially compared to demoninations like Southern Baptist or Church of Christ.

And the Amish are conservative too, eh... yeah, I'm pretty worried about the Amish staging a takeover of America... :rolleyes:

gop_jeff said:
Nazarenes are "ultra-conservative"?? You must not have ever been to a Nazarene church. I have been going to one for about four years, and compared to the several other denominations I've worshipped with, they are pretty middle-of-the-road, especially compared to demoninations like Southern Baptist or Church of Christ.

And the Amish are conservative too, eh... yeah, I'm pretty worried about the Amish staging a takeover of America... :rolleyes:

well I'll vouch for the Mennonites---no worries of an uprising or conversion campaign from them !

Zhukov said:
The point is relevance. The fact that the Germans were predominately technically Christians is irrelevant. The Nazi movement was not a form of Christian extremism.

Why did they want to exterminate the Jews? It wasn't because of racism because many Jews are fair-skinned and blue eyed, why the Jews? Why were so many pro-Nazi rallies held in every major city in our country, which almost everyone considers as a Christian country? Did the Nazi army quote the Bible, not overtly. Did Hitler quote Biblical quotes into his speeches, most definitely. He did not say that we are fighting for Christ and Christianity but he most definitely integrated Biblical passages into his cause.

Good eye on my grammatical error, there will be more.

stoor said:
Did the Nazi army quote the Bible, not overtly. Did Hitler quote Biblical quotes into his speeches, most definitely.

So? Clinton and Kerry both quoted scriptures for votes. What is the difference?

stoor said:
Why did they want to exterminate the Jews? It wasn't because of racism because many Jews are fair-skinned and blue eyed, why the Jews? Why were so many pro-Nazi rallies held in every major city in our country, which almost everyone considers as a Christian country? Did the Nazi army quote the Bible, not overtly. Did Hitler quote Biblical quotes into his speeches, most definitely. He did not say that we are fighting for Christ and Christianity but he most definitely integrated Biblical passages into his cause.

Good eye on my grammatical error, there will be more.

Hitler was a pagan. Hitler used Christianity only as a tool to get his way.
Once he was in power, Christians did not express their views to the SS if they liked living.

Hitler used the Jews as a scapegoat. Most Germans did not realize the extent of what he was doing until it was too late to do anything if you valued your life.

The Christians, especially those of the Catholic church, were the ones to attempt to save as many of the Jews as they could during Nazi rule. Today Christians are the ones who continue to support the Jews in Israel as well as in other countries, especially in now largely secular Europe where Jews AND Christians are being attacked today.

1st before I give you the sites that could help you to know how did the Islam spread

I will ask something
How could one man have his sword and fight against all his people,, and their old believes and slavery
And have these amounts of believers
I won't compare with any religion right now
Cause I believe in all prophets

Quran : 038. Sâd
14. Not one of them but belied the Messengers, therefore My Torment was justified,

Quran : 004. An-Nisâ'
150. Verily, those who disbelieve in Allâh and His Messengers and wish to make distinction between Allâh and His Messengers (by believing in Allâh and disbelieving in His Messengers) saying, "We believe in some but reject others," and wish to adopt a way in between.
The prophet fellows wont from one place
This religion spread 1st by the trade between countries
In where they listen from each other what they knew across their travel
So it came with persuasive
And did you listen about the Hijra
How could all of these people leave their lands ,, money and homes
For Allah sake and leave from Mecca to Medina
Unless they believe in what they do

This religion came to the whole world not for a specific people as before it
And even for the jinn
Quran : 072. Al-Jinn
Say (O Muhammad SAW): "It has been revealed to me that a group (from three to ten in number) of jinns[] listened (to this Qur'ân). They said: 'Verily! We have heard a wonderful Recital (this Qur'ân)!
2. 'It guides to the Right Path, and we have believed therein, and we shall never join (in worship) anything with our Lord (Allâh).
3. 'And exalted be the Majesty of our Lord, He has taken neither a wife, nor a son (or offspring or children).[]

Did the prophet PBUH fought the jinn

And their were lots of reasons why Jewish nor Christian believe the prophet Muhammad,
The main reason
That Jewish don’t follow except the son of Prophet Isaac "Prophet Abraham have 2 sons Isaac and Ismael and since Mohammed is one of Ismael sons they disbelieve him" if you notice in their book they didn’t mention any prophet of Ismael sons prophet

And add to this even in their wars they bring lots to these countries
And DIDN’T KILL CIVILIANS as what going right now
And if you make a statistics of how many people killed while these war
And how many CIVILIANS get killed in the Iraq ,, you will find IT MORE IN Iraq and what destruction became in iraq
And if you read the UN laws about war and war prisoners
You will find it the same as Islam said and came with from more than 1400
Quran : 006. Al-An'âm
151. Say (O Muhammad SAW): "Come, I will recite what your Lord has prohibited you from: Join not anything in worship with Him; be good and dutiful to your parents; kill not your children because of poverty - We provide sustenance for you and for them; come not near to Al-Fawâhish (shameful sins, illegal sexual intercourse, etc.) whether committed openly or secretly, and kill not anyone whom Allâh has forbidden, except for a just cause (according to Islâmic law). This He has commanded you that you may understand.

And yeah free and fun
Your verses are wrong translated
Here is another translation
005. Al-Mâ'idah
51. O you who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians as Auliyâ' they are but Auliyâ' to one another. And if any amongst you takes them as Auliyâ', then surely he is one of them. Verily, Allâh guides not those people who are the Zâlimûn (polytheists and wrongdoers and unjust).

There is different from Auliyâ and have a friend
Our prophet was dealing with Jewish and Christians and live side by side with them even when Amro ebn al ass the historical warrior
Opened Egypt
The Christian helped them for what they heard about Islam
And if you visit Egypt you will find lots of churches that her age is before even the entrance of Islam ,, Muslim didn't bush them Muslims or even destroy they churches not as what happen when the Europe destroyed the mosques and killed Muslims in Spain

002. Al-Baqarah
256. There is no compulsion in religion. Verily, the Right Path has become distinct from the wrong path. Whoever disbelieves in Tâghût[] and believes in Allâh, then he has grasped the most trustworthy handhold that will never break. And Allâh is All-Hearer, All-Knower.

But Auliyâ mean don’t follow them
For example Jewish says in their Talmud
Its okay to cheat non Jews
Quran : 017. Al-Isrâ'
35. And give full measure when you measure, and weigh with a balance that is straight. That is good (advantageous) and better in the end.
And our prophet all people called him the loyal and the honest
And man am Muslim ,, and have lots of Christian friends, and we go out lots
And these sites may help you to answer this question
http://www.islam-guide.com/ch3-9.htm

http://saif_w.tripod.com/explore/stereo/how_islam_spread.htm

http://www.islamonline.net/askaboutislam/display.asp?hquestionID=2722

http://www.islamherald.com/asp/explore/stereo/how_islam_spread.asp

http://www.fcusd.k12.ca.us/chsweb/Webstaff/BarakatIslam/soi.html

http://www.emayzine.com/lectures/africa and the spread of Islam.html

And may Allah show you the right way
Salam friends

gop_jeff said:

I was raised Nazaren and yea I thought with the woman wearing long skirts and hair in a bun. Not going to the movies and not swimming in public pools was conservative. Maybe they've changed since then, I don't know.

Sure the Amish aren't going to stage a revolution, duh!!! I was simply stating that with the muslum countries the conservatives are in control and that there are conservative christians in this country who thank goodness aren't telling the rest of us how to live.

Trigg said:
I was raised Nazaren and yea I thought with the woman wearing long skirts and hair in a bun. Not going to the movies and not swimming in public pools was conservative. Maybe they've changed since then, I don't know.

Sure the Amish aren't going to stage a revolution, duh!!! I was simply stating that with the muslum countries the conservatives are in control and that there are conservative christians in this country who thank goodness aren't telling the rest of us how to live.

exactly right---the "born agains" are more likely to try to push their agenda than anyone and people mistakenly think that these people are conservative---

Arabian, this question is for you.

I know next to nothing about the muslum religion, so if you could answer these questions.

In Saudi Arabia and Afghanistan do the moral police make all woman cover up, or is it only Muslum woman? If they make the christian woman cover up do you agree with this or do you feel they are pushing their religious ideas on others?

Do you think it would be better to have a seperation of church and state in these countries, in order to avoid persecution on non-muslums.

How are things done in Egypt as far as religous freedom?

Christian extremism occurred mostly about 500 years ago when Christianity was about 1500 years old.

Muslim extremism is occurring today the religion is about 1500 years old.

So? Clinton and Kerry both quoted scriptures for votes. What is the difference?

you chose to reference as religious you pick Clinton and Kerry and choose to leave out any Republican president. How do you compare an American president using religious quotes to Hitler using religious quotes? Hitler was using them to justify his mass genocide. He was suggesting this is what God wanted. Our presidents tend not to use religious quotes as a means to gain support for invading a country, although Bush has come close with his loose use of the term "crusade."

stoor said:
you chose to reference as religious you pick Clinton and Kerry and choose to leave out any Republican president. How do you compare an American president using religious quotes to Hitler using religious quotes? Hitler was using them to justify his mass genocide. He was suggesting this is what God wanted. Our presidents tend not to use religious quotes as a means to gain support for invading a country, although Bush has come close with his loose use of the term "crusade."

There was one instance which he used that term in error, prove that there is a "loose use" of that term. :link:

He corrected himself and nobody calls this a crusade except the lefties and they do that to undermine any successes that may be made.

no1tovote4 said:
There was one instance which he used that term in error, prove that there is a "loose use" of that term. :link:

He corrected himself and nobody calls this a crusade except the lefties and they do that to undermine any successes that may be made.

anymore means that it was a "slip of the tongue"? Are you this forgiving with liberals who do the same? I think that is a pretty big mistake to make when you are representing a nation that is perceived as Christian and referring to a region that is inhabitated by Muslims. And as a matter of fact, he didn't correct himself, his people said he misspoke. Find me a quote where he corrects himself.

"This crusade, this war on terrorism, is going to take awhile. And American people must be patient," Bush said.

http://www.recordonline.com/archive/2001/09/17/rdp16.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back