How did I benefit from racism?

Bootney Lee Farnsworth

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2017
Tejas
I was the first person on either side of my family all the way back to homo erectus to attend a university.

I received NOTHING in inheritance from any parent, grandparent, or otherwise because there was nothing.

I had no connections or relationships for job opportunities.

I had no insiders and no legacy status.

I worked my way thought college and grad school.

No relative has ever loaned or gifted me any money other than minuscule amounts for birthdays or graduation.

No ancestor of mine owned or benefited from slavery. In fact, my great great great grandfather was a poor white farmer from Louisiana whose father was a poor immigrant from Scotland. He competed against slave-owner farms and was conscripted into the army by the CSA to defend an institution of which he not only did NOT benefit, but which was to his direct detriment.

My other ancestors were poor white cajuns or Irish immigrants who arrived here long after the NA's had been moved to reservations and paid for their trouble. My ancestors weren't exactly treated fairly.

I am willing to listen.

I am not interested in arguing. I will not respond. I am just listening.

Just tell me how I have benefitted from any form of racism.

I'll hang up and listen.

I was the first person on either side of my family all the way back to homo erectus to attend a university.

I received NOTHING in inheritance from any parent, grandparent, or otherwise because there was nothing.

No relative has ever loaned or gifted me any money other than minuscule amounts for birthdays or graduation.

No ancestor of mine owned or benefited from slavery. In fact, my great great great grandfather was a poor white farmer from Louisiana whose father was a poor immigrant from Scotland. He competed against slave-owner farms and was conscripted into the army by the CSA to defend an institution of which he not only did NOT benefit, but which was to his direct detriment.

My other ancestors were poor white cajuns or Irish immigrants who arrived here long after the NA's had been moved to reservations and paid for their trouble. My ancestors weren't exactly treated fairly.

I am willing to listen.

I'll hang up and listen.

First off your descendants have always been free. Second, it was never illegal for any of your family to own property, read, write or go to school. Your family lived in the south during Jim Crow. Think about it. There is a book entitled "How the Irish became white." You might want to read that.

The system has benefited you in ways you ignore.

I am willing to listen.

I'll hang up and listen.

You didn’t

I am willing to listen.

I'll hang up and listen.

You didn't benefit from it, but you weren't hurt by it either. Congratulations?

I am willing to listen.

I'll hang up and listen.

I didn’t benefit from it, and I was hurt by it. I’m white and grew up around a lot of Hispanics and blacks that used racism against me. I hold no grudges, and
as I matured I learn to not be racist and live and let live.

Think about it Bootney. You have never been black, yet a few days ago you were telling me, a black man, that you had the definitive answer to the problems in the black community and that I did not. I mean we have all kinds of white "experts" here at USMB on the condition of blacks. Now what makes whites think this way?

Think about it Bootney. You have never been black, yet a few days ago you were telling me, a black man, that you had the definitive answer to the problems in the black community and that I did not. I mean we have all kinds of white "experts" here at USMB on the condition of blacks. Now what makes whites think this way?

You know who can lead blacks to the promise land?? Pat Riley!

I am willing to listen.

I'll hang up and listen.

I didn’t benefit from it, and I was hurt by it. I’m white and grew up around a lot of Hispanics and blacks that used racism against me. I hold no grudges, and

Oh boy. Here we go. Why did those blacks and Hispanics not like white people? Was it based upon a false theory of racial superiority?

Or;

Was it because of how they have been treated by whites?

You know who can lead blacks to the promise land?? Pat Riley!

It doesn't look that way right now.

What’s so funny BlackFlag ?

I’m an immigrant. I have no ties to the history of this country. My family didn’t get out of poverty until I was in high school, and even then we weren’t well off. You know how many times I was called white boy growing up? You can laugh it off and say poor baby or something, which is what liberals do, but being the victim of racism isn’t a good feeling, and anyone can be racist.

we deserve reparations from west africa

Slave owners got the shaft ANd now look at what we have to live with .
inferior merchandise :10:

they'll always hate you no matter what you do or say .200 years from now they'll still be crying racism blaming whitey (if their are any left) and begging for food stamps

I am willing to listen.

I'll hang up and listen.

Oh boy. Here we go. Why did those blacks and Hispanics not like white people? Was it based upon a false theory of racial superiority?

Or;

The way some, not all of those people treated me wasn’t nice, and there’s no excuse for it. I grew up around some very nice people who happen to be minorities, but there were some bad people as well.

I’m an immigrant. I have no ties to the history of this country. My family didn’t get out of poverty until I was in high school, and even then we weren’t well off. You know how many times I was called white boy growing up? You can laugh it off and say poor baby or something, which is what liberals do, but being the victim of racism isn’t a good feeling, and anyone can be racist.
What's funny? Next you're going to tell me there's vomit on your sweater already, mom's spaghetti

I am willing to listen.

I'll hang up and listen.

Sounds like you're thinking about falling on a sword forged of false guilt. My advice: don't ever do it. Never apologize for who or what you are. That cross you might want to nail yourself to? It never existed. Be proud of who you are and where you came from. Be that, or you'll end up prey for the worst civilization has to offer. Just peruse some of the responses to your OP. They smelled your fake guilt from miles away and came running here to feed on it. You give them a banquet, it's on you.

What's funny? Next you're going to tell me there's vomit on your sweater already, mom's spaghetti

Dude I grew up in school PS 187 and Brooklyn Tech high school. PS 187 was like 95% Hispanic and black. Brooklyn Tech was one of the best high schools in the city, but it was like forty percent black, forty percent Asian, and twenty percent other. I’ve seen Asian kids get abused by blacks on a ongoing basis, and have been called white boy, honky, white devil you name it. This is real life, and it happens to a lot of people, but it gets ignored for some odd reason

Dude I grew up in school PS 187 and Brooklyn Tech high school. PS 187 was like 95% Hispanic and black. Brooklyn Tech was one of the best high schools in the city, but it was like forty percent black, forty percent Asian, and twenty percent other. I’ve seen Asian kids get abused by blacks on a ongoing basis, and have been called white boy, honky, white devil you name it. This is real life, and it happens to a lot of people, but it gets ignored for some odd reason
But you did it, man. You lost yourself in the music; that moment, you owned it and never let it go. You got your shot, and didn't miss your chance to blow.

White immigrants are white people. Now I asked you questions. I did not request the white conservative sob story. If being called the n word was the biggest thing I have ever had to face, I wouldn't be complaining about racism. My parents never made it out of poverty. We stayed poor and it was not because they were too lazy to work. My dad worked 2 jobs. My mom cleaned up old white racists in a nursing home. So spare me your that's what liberals do bullshit. I know what it is like to be a victim of racism and it ain't just being called a name.

Real life shows us an unending pattern of white racist behavior that has lasted 400 years.

Why did those blacks and Hispanics not like white people? Was it based upon a false theory of racial superiority?

Or;

Funny how you only saw blacks do these things. Because Asians do the same thing. And of course the majority white schools never did anything like that. And then we have the classic cry,
"It always gets ignored!"

Which is a boldfaced lie.

White immigrants are white people. Now I asked you questions. I did not request the white conservative sob story. If being called the n word was the biggest thing I have ever had to face, I wouldn't be complaining about racism. My parents never made it out of poverty. We stayed poor and it was not because they were too lazy to work. My dad worked 2 jobs. My mom cleaned up old white racists in a nursing home. So spare me your that's what liberals do bullshit. I know what it is like to be a victim of racism and it ain't just being called a name.

I say this with no disrespect, but perhaps your parents could have worked smarter. When we first came to this country my dad worked at Alexanders and my mom was a baby sister. Both of them went to school and my dad became a computer programmer for Avon and my mom became an architect for Presbyterian hospital. I’m very proud of the hard work and sacrifices my parents made and so is my sister. They were terrific examples to me that with hard work and perseverance you can live a good life in this country.

Spare me your sob story nijjer.
White people went through the same shit.

Forum List

Back