How did humans exist prior to bottled water?

uscitizen

May 6, 2007
My Shack
Just amazing how much bottled water is sold for astronomical profits.
And yet many of those who purchase it think we have no issues with clean water and are against the clean water act and such.
Are against the EPA, govt polloution regs, etc.

Very confusing if one tries to understand the entire picture.

It's the convenience of it, nothing more. You stop drinking bottled water after you find out that BPA leeches into the water from the plastic anyway.

"Google" Bisphenol A. You won't like what you find.

I only ever drink bottled water. I stopped drinking tap water years ago. It has a very distinctive taste, which I hate. I prefer bottled water because to me, it tastes fresh,

I've got animals & pets that drink out of dirty puddles standing water, ditches & toilets. They are still alive & well.

I don't look at bottled water as an alternative to tap water.

I look at it as an alternative to soft drinks

Never in my life did I believe that somebody could make money on selling water. I wish I had of thought of it.

I lived near Clear Water South Carolina When I was growing up. They drink from the same source of water that my hometown of Augusta, Ga gets it water from. Too add to my confusion, Clear Water SC is closer to SRP, a nuclear facility that helps produce the fuel for nuclear warheads.

Why am I talking about this? Well, back in the ninties, some bnehead got the idea to bottle and sell water from Clear Water S.C. When the product popped up in Augusta, Everyone said "Why in the hell should I pay a 1.25 for water I can get free from any public building?"

Whats the difference to me? 1.25 and the distinction of being a stupid A$$h***!

Granny says purt soon water gonna be too expensive to drink...
:eusa_eh:
Nation's water costs rushing higher
27 Sept.`12 - While most Americans worry about gas and heating oil prices, water rates have surged in the past dozen years, according to a USA TODAY study of 100 municipalities. Prices at least doubled in more than a quarter of the locations and even tripled in a few.
Consumers could easily overlook the steady drip, drip, drip of water rate hikes, yet the cost of this necessity of life has outpaced the percentage increases of some of these other utilities, carving a larger slice of household budgets in the process. "I don't know how they expect people to keep paying more for water with the cost of gas and day care and everything else going up," complains Jacquelyn Moncrief, 60, a Philadelphia homeowner who says the price hikes would force her to make food-or-water decisions. She gathered signatures on a petition opposing a proposed water rate increase in her city this year.

USA TODAY's study of residential water rates over the past 12 years for large and small water agencies nationwide found that monthly costs doubled for more in 29 localities. The unique look at costs for a diverse mix of water suppliers representing every state and Washington, D.C. found that a resource long taken for granted will continue to become more costly for millions of Americans. Indeed, rates haven't crested yet because huge costs to upgrade or repair pipes, reservoirs and treatment plants loom nationwide.

In three municipalities — Atlanta, San Francisco and Wilmington, Del. — water costs tripled or more. Monthly costs topped $50 for consumers in Atlanta, Seattle and San Diego who used 1,000 cubic feet of water, a typical residential consumption level in many areas. Officials in the three municipalities and elsewhere, however, say actual consumption is often lower. But conservation efforts counter-intuitively may raise water rates in some localities.

The trend toward higher bills is being driven by:

Just amazing how much bottled water is sold for astronomical profits.
And yet many of those who purchase it think we have no issues with clean water and are against the clean water act and such.
Are against the EPA, govt polloution regs, etc.

Very confusing if one tries to understand the entire picture.

Some people are born confused.

I only ever drink bottled water. I stopped drinking tap water years ago. It has a very distinctive taste, which I hate. I prefer bottled water because to me, it tastes fresh,

Same here. I don't like the taste of tap water.

Yep the polymer traces taste pretty good.
the added salt helps too and makes you want to buy more.

MOst bottled water is just filtered tap water with salt/minerals added.
Salt is a mineral btw.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back