How delusional is newt gingrich?

Newt needs to stay being a Scholar for which he is uniquely suited. As for his other problem's since when did Morals or personal responsibility suddenly become an issue just looking at the douche waffles we have in office today pretty well eradicates any worries about being called out on ones Morals or lack thereof .

There's a difference between your lack of ethics from your run of the mill politician and Newt. He sets the bar in sleaze.

Because someone told you that?
Because Newt was never convicted on any charge.

No. Why would he need that? He disagrees with him. That's all that is needed

I didn't realize that someone had to be convicted on a charge to be a terrible human being and unethical to boot. Though perhaps you can show me where Ted Kennedy was convicted of murder since you seem inclined to call him one.

I didn't realize that someone had to be convicted on a charge to be a terrible human being and unethical to boot. Though perhaps you can show me where Ted Kennedy was convicted of murder since you seem inclined to call him one.

I was unaware that he left commiting a crime as the only option to being a sleaze. Your response doesn't really address the conclusion on why you think he is a sleaze.

You are quite right. Someone can be a complete sleaze and not be convicted a crime. Many of them are lawyers...

Newt's shelf life as a viable national candidate (if he ever had one) expired long ago. He's far too polarizing and lacks real executive experience.

I'd rather see a governor be the GOP pick.

I was unaware that he left commiting a crime as the only option to being a sleaze. Your response doesn't really address the conclusion on why you think he is a sleaze.

You are quite right. Someone can be a complete sleaze and not be convicted a crime. Many of them are lawyers...

Did you not read his post?

Unless otherwise noted, that's talking about the court system.

I think that he's a sleaze for various reasons. His treatment towards his wives, his unethical behavior in Congress, and his hypocrisy on various positions for starters. A good example would be the recent Libya situation where his opinion changed consistently to be whatever the opposite of what President Obama was.

Not like Newt matters much however. He has much of a realistic shot at winning the Presidency as I do.

and many of them are ministers.

your point?

and many of them are ministers.

your point?

humor Jillian. Can't poke fun at your profession who can you?

Newt's shelf life as a viable national candidate (if he ever had one) expired long ago. He's far too polarizing and lacks real executive experience.

I dont especially agree with his stances but he is bright and interesting to listen to.
Unlike anyone on the Dem side.

he thinks he has a chance at being elected anything, and he thinks his third wife (the one he cheated on his second wife with) will help him.

:rofl:

"As he prepares for a Republican presidential primary run — he said Monday that he would formally declare his intentions on Wednesday — Mr. Gingrich is presenting himself as a family man who has embraced Catholicism and found God, with his wife as a kind of character witness. Depending on one’s point of view, she is a reminder of his complicated past, or his secret political weapon."

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/10/us/politics/10gingrich.html?hp

Family values at its peak. You realize he had almost as many wives as bin laden. :lol:

I dont especially agree with his stances but he is bright and interesting to listen to.
Unlike anyone on the Dem side.

Family values!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he thinks he has a chance at being elected anything, and he thinks his third wife (the one he cheated on his second wife with) will help him.

"As he prepares for a Republican presidential primary run — he said Monday that he would formally declare his intentions on Wednesday — Mr. Gingrich is presenting himself as a family man who has embraced Catholicism and found God, with his wife as a kind of character witness. Depending on one’s point of view, she is a reminder of his complicated past, or his secret political weapon."

Gingrich should stop what he is doing if he has any concern for the party.
His nomination would insure Obama wins in 2012.
Gingrich has a poor image among mainstream conservatives. Period.

He cheated on his wife, while she was undergoing cancer treatment. ANYBODY who does that deserves no respect whatsoever.

well, you know how it is... he loved his country so much, he couldn't help cheating...

while they were impeaching bill clinton for cheating. :cuckoo:

i wonder if the wife he served divorce papes on while she was in the hospital after a mastectomy will have something to say about this.

Jackie Cushman Gingrich, Newt's daughter, is squarely on the record as disputing that version of the story, Jillian. Newt has freely admitted that he did cheat on both his first wife--he married his highschool geometry teacher who was 26 and he was 19--and it obviously was not a marriage made in heaven. . . .and his second wife. But he, the second wife, and his daughter all dispute the 'divorce papers delivered to the wife in the hospital' story. She had asked for the divorce prior to the hospital stay, and that was to remove a benign tumor, not cancer. The daughter said the hospital visit was to visit her mother, she (the daughter) was there, and it was not to discuss the divorce.

Obviously, Jackie is quite aware that daddy is a multimillionaire, while mom can't do a thing for her financial future.

Also Bill Clinton was not impeached for cheating. He was impeached for committing perjury and obstruction of justice.

I disagreed with the impeachment, but at least his defenders could get the story straight and be honest about it.

I did, and I was

Do you actually read the threads, or just skim them looking for ideological validation?

Newt needs to stay being a Scholar for which he is uniquely suited. As for his other problem's since when did Morals or personal responsibility suddenly become an issue just looking at the douche waffles we have in office today pretty well eradicates any worries about being called out on ones Morals or lack thereof .

There's a difference between your lack of ethics from your run of the mill politician and Newt. He sets the bar in sleaze.

In their minds, the American public convicted him of being a douchebag.

Oh, that's gonna leave a mark! :clap2:

No real political message intended by this, but it just works as a goofy pun

newts.jpg

GREAT book incidently...from the man who coined the word ROBOTS.

Can you say CLINTON?

Just sayin....personal life has nothing to do with someone's political mindset. That has been proven. Will he win? I doubt it. Would he be a good president? Depends on who you bank him against. If you run him up against BOzo, he's a great candidate. But then again, so is Porky Pig. uhme uhme uhhhh uhme uhme uhhh...that's all folks!

He cheated on his wife, while she was undergoing cancer treatment. ANYBODY who does that deserves no respect whatsoever.

Anyone who cheats on their spouse deserves no respect. I'm a victim of that and can tell you first hand, there is no excuse for it.

Personally, Newt is screwed up. But it doesn't necessarily effect his political ability. He's not popular enough to carry this run for POTUS.

Let's face it, he can't be any more delusional then the one we currently have in there now. He may even be less narcissistic.

Forum List

Back