How delusional is newt gingrich?

he thinks he has a chance at being elected anything, and he thinks his third wife (the one he cheated on his second wife with) will help him.

:rofl:

"As he prepares for a Republican presidential primary run — he said Monday that he would formally declare his intentions on Wednesday — Mr. Gingrich is presenting himself as a family man who has embraced Catholicism and found God, with his wife as a kind of character witness. Depending on one’s point of view, she is a reminder of his complicated past, or his secret political weapon."

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/10/us/politics/10gingrich.html?hp
Not as delusional as Ted Kennedy who managed to get re-elected despite having committed murder.

Newt and other wingnuts were calling on Clinton to resign over infidelity way before he ever testified before Kenneth Starr. They also ridiculed his attempts to kill bin Laden with cruise missiles as 'wag the dog', to divert attention from Monica. Had they not been on the warpath, I believe Clinton would have done more about bin Laden at the time, but the politics of the situation tied his hands.

I also do not consider Newt anywhere the genius that his admirers do. He says a lot of stupid shit.

My memory must be fading....was it infidelity....or was it lying to the Grand Jury?

he thinks he has a chance at being elected anything, and he thinks his third wife (the one he cheated on his second wife with) will help him.

"As he prepares for a Republican presidential primary run — he said Monday that he would formally declare his intentions on Wednesday — Mr. Gingrich is presenting himself as a family man who has embraced Catholicism and found God, with his wife as a kind of character witness. Depending on one’s point of view, she is a reminder of his complicated past, or his secret political weapon."

Not as delusional as Ted Kennedy who managed to get re-elected despite having committed murder.

if you have to use fat boy as a comparison to make newt look good, you're making my point.

:thup:

Newt and other wingnuts were calling on Clinton to resign over infidelity way before he ever testified before Kenneth Starr. They also ridiculed his attempts to kill bin Laden with cruise missiles as 'wag the dog', to divert attention from Monica. Had they not been on the warpath, I believe Clinton would have done more about bin Laden at the time, but the politics of the situation tied his hands.

I also do not consider Newt anywhere the genius that his admirers do. He says a lot of stupid shit.

My memory must be fading....was it infidelity....or was it lying to the Grand Jury?

his "lie" wasn't to a grand jury. it was in a deposition... ABOUT HIM CHEATING.

if you have to use fat boy as a comparison to make newt look good, you're making my point.

Except Kennedy got elected time and time again.
Newt could too. He certainly is a national figure with lots of experience. Unlike the current undocumented worker in the WHite House.

Everybody does that. It's just sex. Relax. Stop putting your nose in other people's private affairs.

Newt is a very knowledgeable historian and some of his ideas make sense. However, many of his ideas are just the same ideological stuff we hear from the right every day. Ideologues do not make good leaders.

Newt could too. He certainly is a national figure with lots of experience. Unlike the current undocumented worker in the WHite House.

what office does he currently hold?

i know he retired from the congress due to ill health quite awhile ago.

No he retired because he took responsibility for the GOP losing in '98.

that's what i said; the voters got sick of him.

try the veal

that's what i said; the voters got sick of him.

try the veal

Actually he voluntarily stepped down from both speakership and his seat.

Do you plan on getting anything right today?

Newt is by far more competent than our current POTUS, hands down....

How many Kennedy's have been elected to office?

I think Newt comes across to pompous, this I believe is what turns most people off on him and I find it hard to believe he can be elected, but I would pay to see him debate Obama....

It is pure stupidity to question Gingrich's ethics when we have the likes of Pelosi, Reid, Rangel, Clinton, etc....

We need to focus on who is the best qualified, not who makes the best candidate to lead us out of this ditch we are in....

Based on the current occupant of the oval office, it will take very little to see an improvement....

Was it that he "misspoke", or did he lie?

well, you know how it is... he loved his country so much, he couldn't help cheating...

while they were impeaching bill clinton for cheating. :cuckoo:

i wonder if the wife he served divorce papes on while she was in the hospital after a mastectomy will have something to say about this.

Jackie Cushman Gingrich, Newt's daughter, is squarely on the record as disputing that version of the story, Jillian. Newt has freely admitted that he did cheat on both his first wife--he married his highschool geometry teacher who was 26 and he was 19--and it obviously was not a marriage made in heaven. . . .and his second wife. But he, the second wife, and his daughter all dispute the 'divorce papers delivered to the wife in the hospital' story. She had asked for the divorce prior to the hospital stay, and that was to remove a benign tumor, not cancer. The daughter said the hospital visit was to visit her mother, she (the daughter) was there, and it was not to discuss the divorce.

Last edited:
Also Bill Clinton was not impeached for cheating. He was impeached for committing perjury and obstruction of justice.

I disagreed with the impeachment, but at least his defenders could get the story straight and be honest about it.

Newt needs to stay being a Scholar for which he is uniquely suited. As for his other problem's since when did Morals or personal responsibility suddenly become an issue just looking at the douche waffles we have in office today pretty well eradicates any worries about being called out on ones Morals or lack thereof .

There's a difference between your lack of ethics from your run of the mill politician and Newt. He sets the bar in sleaze.

Newt needs to stay being a Scholar for which he is uniquely suited. As for his other problem's since when did Morals or personal responsibility suddenly become an issue just looking at the douche waffles we have in office today pretty well eradicates any worries about being called out on ones Morals or lack thereof .

There's a difference between your lack of ethics from your run of the mill politician and Newt. He sets the bar in sleaze.

Because someone told you that?
Because Newt was never convicted on any charge.

Forum List

Back