How delusional is newt gingrich?

he thinks he has a chance at being elected anything, and he thinks his third wife (the one he cheated on his second wife with) will help him.

:rofl:

"As he prepares for a Republican presidential primary run — he said Monday that he would formally declare his intentions on Wednesday — Mr. Gingrich is presenting himself as a family man who has embraced Catholicism and found God, with his wife as a kind of character witness. Depending on one’s point of view, she is a reminder of his complicated past, or his secret political weapon."

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/10/us/politics/10gingrich.html?hp

Newt has too much baggage and is past his prime. The fact that he sticks his finger in the wind to see which way it is blowing is no help. That being said, talking heads like Hannity love him and would back him........as much as they will back any candidate.

he thinks he has a chance at being elected anything, and he thinks his third wife (the one he cheated on his second wife with) will help him.

"As he prepares for a Republican presidential primary run — he said Monday that he would formally declare his intentions on Wednesday — Mr. Gingrich is presenting himself as a family man who has embraced Catholicism and found God, with his wife as a kind of character witness. Depending on one’s point of view, she is a reminder of his complicated past, or his secret political weapon."

How delusional is newt gingrich?

:lol: del, you know the old saying, 'if you have to ask'...?

hes a major DB.

How delusional are lefties when they supported a president who was accused (by a credible victim) of rape? Democrats laughed it off because the statute of limitation expired as they joined Bubba Bill in blaming something they called the "vast right wing" for the DNA stains in the Oval Office? Double standard? Want some more examples? How about the former chairperson of the House Banking Committee (still in congress) who had a call-boy prostitution ring operating out of his apartment?

Give him a break, his patriotism caused him to cheat on his wife. She told him if he slept with her she'd tell him where Osama was.

I know right...it was so much less impressive then Clinton cheating on his wife in the oval office amongst other locations.

Now, now......oral "sex" isn't SEX. It wasn't like he stuck his man bee thingy into her girl flower thingy and pollinated her.

Potential candidates like Gingrich and say ... Romney, well they may have the money but I don't think they are the candidates the American voters want to hear from. Gingrich and the like have been over-exposed in the political arena. It is in my humble opinion that the American voter wants to hear from someone new and fresh on the scene. At least that's what I want.

Gingrich could keep on doing what he's doing along with campaigning for other potential Republican candidates.

Ya know, Newtie has done a lot of talking on a lot of shows for a lot of years and that could end up biting him in the ass when the opposition starts reviewing all that tape for contradictions.

Don't think he's delusional. He thinks he has a shot. Maybe he does. He certainly isnt my first choice, especially considering I don't have one at the moment. But after the Clinton years, why on earth would Newt be worried about people think of his personal life? Are you saying that personal life somehow matters now that a Republican is running?

You guys taught him the lesson that it doesn't matter jack.

A very Zen question.

How many grains of sand are there on the beach? I believe the answer to both questions is very similar.

Don't think he's delusional. He thinks he has a shot. Maybe he does. He certainly isnt my first choice, especially considering I don't have one at the moment. But after the Clinton years, why on earth would Newt be worried about people think of his personal life? Are you saying that personal life somehow matters now that a Republican is running?

You guys taught him the lesson that it doesn't matter jack.

Well.......the Republican game plan has made personal life a criteria if you consider the no holds barred approach to removing Clinton and Obama. If you're going to call the opposition's character into question, you'd better be squeaky clean.

Last edited:

The bar is pretty low .
If he drinks enough he might think he can crawl under it.

I read through some of these posts and this cartoon keeps coming to mind:

Shelton_C20070904.jpg

Gingrich cheated on his first wife who was 26 and he was 19 when they married. According to their daughter, it was Gingrich's second wife who requested the divorce, not him, and it was before she went into the hospital for removal of a benign tumor, not cancer. She is quite well today thank you very much and doesn't trash him at all unlike people who continue to repeat the myths and lies his opponents have manufactured about all that.

Gingrich is brilliant--most likely has a far higher IQ than anybody else who will be running--is visionary and has proven himself as effective in getting things done. His master mind and engineering of the Contract with America was brilliant as was his navigating the maze of welfare reform accomplished by that wonderful freshman class of 1994 that he headed.

But he does have his skeletons. He went after the former Speaker in what I consider an unacceptable manner, I disagreed with him on some of his neocon views, and I thought the impeachment of President Clinton to be ill advised and deeply unpopular and, though successful, it did not serve the best interests of the country.

I don't think he has a chance to win the nomination. But, like Ron Paul, Gary Johnson, Michelle Bachmann, and Donald Trump who also probably have no chance to get the nod, he will contribute substance to the debate and probably will help make the true cream rise to the top.

God, I hope so. We do not need another mediocre candidate to go up against Obama in 2012.

I like Newt. I hope he runs. He's smart and entertaining. Doesn't have much chance though.

I agree. I like Newt, He's intelligent and a good debator and public speaker. I think he would do really well in the debates.

Now for the big "but." The guys got way to much baggage. It doesn't bother me at all but then I'm not a Rep.

I doubt the right wing of the GOP would be happy if he were nominated. Don't know if any would vote for him the prigs. LOL

Last edited:

"as he prepares for a republican presidential primary run — he said monday that he would formally declare his intentions on wednesday — mr. Gingrich is presenting himself as a family man who has embraced catholicism and found god, with his wife as a kind of character witness. Depending on one’s point of view, she is a reminder of his complicated past, or his secret political weapon."

very

well, you know how it is... he loved his country so much, he couldn't help cheating...

while they were impeaching bill clinton for cheating. :cuckoo:

i wonder if the wife he served divorce papes on while she was in the hospital after a mastectomy will have something to say about this.

Newt is a flawed human just like everyone else. These obvious defects do not detract from the fact that he has a razor sharp mind and fully understands the realities of politics in America today. I believe he's in the race to influence the debate and that is a good thing if you're a conservative looking at those who've declared so far.

Deride Gingrich all you want. Just remember, he's the one who stopped the Clinton machine cold and forced bubba to move to the center to survive. Republicans demand a higher level of morality from their candidates, that is true. Democrats could care less as long as they win elections and increase their power.

Newt can't win but I'm glad he's in the race. That way, we can watch him intellectually beat down the idiots in the MSM when they try and go toe to toe with him. He can help influence the debate while providing some much needed entertainment from a MSM that has its collectivist noses up Obama's marxist butt.

Last edited:
Newt and other wingnuts were calling on Clinton to resign over infidelity way before he ever testified before Kenneth Starr. They also ridiculed his attempts to kill bin Laden with cruise missiles as 'wag the dog', to divert attention from Monica. Had they not been on the warpath, I believe Clinton would have done more about bin Laden at the time, but the politics of the situation tied his hands.

I also do not consider Newt anywhere the genius that his admirers do. He says a lot of stupid shit.

Forum List

Back