'How dare you?' Thunberg asks world leaders at UN

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
Speaking truth to power..poor girl will be lucky to make 20:

'How dare you?' Greta Thunberg asks world leaders at UN

"A visibly angry Greta Thunberg berated world leaders as she addressed a UN climate summit on Monday, accusing them of betraying her generation by failing to tackle greenhouse gas emissions and asking "How dare you?"
The Swedish teen, who has become the global face of the growing youth movement against climate inaction, began by telling her audience: "My message is that we'll be watching you," eliciting laughter.
But it was soon clear that the tone of the message would be very serious.
"This is all wrong. I shouldn't be up here. I should be back at school on the other side of the ocean," the 16-year-old, who is taking a year off from her studies, said.
"You come to us young people for hope. How dare you?" she thundered.
"You have stolen my dreams and my childhood with your empty words, yet I'm one of the lucky ones. People are suffering, people are dying, entire ecosystems are collapsing.
"We are in the beginning of a mass extinction, and all you can talk about is the money and fairy tales of eternal economic growth. How dare you!"

She also took aim at the summit called by Secretary-General Antonio Guterres to ask countries to expand their commitments saying: "There will not be any solutions or plans presented in line with these figures here today because these numbers are too uncomfortable, and you are still not mature enough to tell it like it is."
"You are failing us," she concluded. "But the young people are starting to understand your betrayal.
"The eyes of all future generations, are upon you, And if you choose to fail us. I say, we will never forgive you!""

th

If Greta is willing to pay $20 or more for an apple I'm sure something can be done until then...

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

"A visibly angry Greta Thunberg berated world leaders as she addressed a UN climate summit on Monday, accusing them of betraying her generation by failing to tackle greenhouse gas emissions and asking "How dare you?"
The Swedish teen, who has become the global face of the growing youth movement against climate inaction, began by telling her audience: "My message is that we'll be watching you," eliciting laughter.
"This is all wrong. I shouldn't be up here. I should be back at school on the other side of the ocean," the 16-year-old, who is taking a year off from her studies, said.
"You have stolen my dreams and my childhood with your empty words, yet I'm one of the lucky ones. People are suffering, people are dying, entire ecosystems are collapsing.
"We are in the beginning of a mass extinction, and all you can talk about is the money and fairy tales of eternal economic growth. How dare you!"

She also took aim at the summit called by Secretary-General Antonio Guterres to ask countries to expand their commitments saying: "There will not be any solutions or plans presented in line with these figures here today because these numbers are too uncomfortable, and you are still not mature enough to tell it like it is."
"You are failing us," she concluded. "But the young people are starting to understand your betrayal.
"The eyes of all future generations, are upon you, And if you choose to fail us. I say, we will never forgive you!""

Her parents should be investigated for child abuse.

Impressive balling out of world leaders who do not care about the planet

The eyes of future generations are upon you
And if you choose to fail us, I say we will never forgive you

Our leaders are failing us
Republicans are making it worse

Yes, because if the world won't listen to a 29 year old bartender that dances on roof tops that the world is going to end in 12 years, then we CERTAINLY should listen to a 16 year old, brain washed little TART from Europe.

What exactly do these mindless minions expect everyone to do? They keep calling for “action”. Hello, marching around and chanting three or four word phrases isn’t going to stop anything.

Of course we know they aren’t interested in solutions for anything, they just want everyone to convert to Marxism.

The US leads the world in green technologies. It’s the third world shit holes that are destroying the environment.

Wrong Again: 50 Years of Failed Eco-pocalyptic Predictions
Wrong Again: 50 Years of Failed Eco-pocalyptic Predictions

"Modern doomsayers have been predicting climate and environmental disaster since the 1960s. They continue to do so today.

None of the apocalyptic predictions with due dates as of today have come true.

What follows is a collection of notably wild predictions from notable people in government and science.

More than merely spotlighting the failed predictions, this collection shows that the makers of failed apocalyptic predictions often are individuals holding respected positions in government and science.

While such predictions have been and continue to be enthusiastically reported by a media eager for sensational headlines, the failures are typically not revisited."

So, all you 'climate' activists can now put down your 'The End Is Near' placards, get off the streets and go home. Oh yeah, and take that little brainwashed, spoiled twit with you.

Last edited:
First Clock Boy then Hogg Boy and now Climate Girl. Why are Liberals so enamored with young dumb kids?
Because most of them never emotionally matured or grew up themslves, of course. That's why they still believe in tooth faries, Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny and can't get a grasp on the real world or complex topics like economic reality.

Lay off the prunes, doll. Your brains are spewing out. :rolleyes:

What exactly do these mindless minions expect everyone to do? They keep calling for “action”. Hello, marching around and chanting three or four word phrases isn’t going to stop anything.

Of course we know they aren’t interested in solutions for anything, they just want everyone to convert to Marxism.
Somehow the "If we think it, it must be" crowd is losing its luster. I think this is the nowhere child of lunatic leftist academia on steroids.

Wonder how much carbon she has expelled by flying around giving her little holier-than-thou speeches ?
Or is she paddling a boat to get around ?
I don't know where she went to school, but if I were a parent there, I'd get my kids out of there fast.
LOL..she's Swedish..so...she is articulating the common sentiment in Sweden..absent the ever-present Anti-immigration Nationalists.

Somehow the "If we think it, it must be" crowd is losing its luster. I think this is the nowhere child of lunatic leftist academia on steroids.
Well...magical thinking has no particular political home----as I see it on the Right just as often as i see it on the Left---If anything..I think more people are giving up on rigorous exercise of their critical thinking skills... in favor of parroting whatever they're fed via their favorite echo chamber.

Forum List

Back