How dare Obama deprive us of more freedoms?

uscitizen

May 6, 2007
My Shack
Gov't imposes 3-hour limit on tarmac strandings

WASHINGTON (AP) - The Obama administration took aim Monday at tarmac horror stories, ordering airlines to let passengers stuck in stranded airplanes to get off the plane after three hours.

With its new regulations, the Transportation Department sent an unequivocal message on the eve of the busy holiday travel season: Don't hold travelers hostage to delayed flights.

The Air Transport Association, a trade group that represents U.S. airlines, said in a statement that carriers would comply with the new rule even though the group contends it will lead to canceled flights and greater passenger inconvenience.

Under the new regulations, airlines operating domestic flights will be able only to keep passengers on board for three hours before they must be allowed to disembark a delayed flight. The regulation provides exceptions only for safety or security or if air traffic control advises the pilot in command that returning to the terminal would disrupt airport operations.

U.S. carriers operating international flights departing from or arriving in the United States must specify, in advance, their own time limits for deplaning passengers. Foreign carriers are not covered by the rules.

Airlines will be required to provide food and water for passengers within two hours of a plane being delayed on a tarmac, and to maintain operable lavatories. They must also provide passengers with medical attention when necessary.

My Way News - Gov't imposes 3-hour limit on tarmac strandings

If airlines want to hold passengers all night, they should have the right to do so. Why does the government have to butt in?

If airlines want to hold passengers all night, they should have the right to do so. Why does the government have to butt in?

Might be called air pollution when the toilets start backing up. Definetly not on the Green agenda.

Guess its the price you pay for getting stuck on that damned tarmac!!!!

I admit some of the stories about airlines holding passengers for hours and hours sucks but in an Obama admin is there anything he believes the Government shouldn't control? Pretty soon we will have a limited number of toilet flushes per household...

I admit some of the stories about airlines holding passengers for hours and hours sucks but in an Obama admin is there anything he believes the Government shouldn't control? Pretty soon we will have a limited number of toilet flushes per household...

KMAN is right

If Obama can limit tarmac stays he can limit toilet flushes!

We need to stop this tarmac thing before it gets out of hand

Forum List

Back