How Dare CNN End The President's Speech With...

Mad Scientist

Feels Good!
Sep 15, 2008
How dare CNN end the President's Speech with David Gergen saying:

"This is supposed to be a more solemn moment, instead it was more like a pep rally", referring to people applauding during his inspirational and uplifting speech in such a difficult time. Another commentator said "You can have a memorial or a pep rally but not both". How DARE they! :evil:

Fuck that odious FOREIGN station. They never stop in their attempt to divide the nation and tear down our president. Can they go any lower? I guess so.

The FIRST man to stand after the President's speech was the Congresswoman's husband.

That network is sick, sick, sick.

"This is supposed to be a more solemn moment, instead it was more like a pep rally", referring to people applauding during his inspirational and uplifting speech in such a difficult time. Another commentator said "You can have a memorial or a pep rally but not both". How DARE they! :evil:

Fuck that odious FOREIGN station. They never stop in their attempt to divide the nation and tear down our president. Can they go any lower? I guess so.

The FIRST man to stand after the President's speech was the Congresswoman's husband.

Didn't see it but it doesn't get anymore sick than Palin and her gunhappy cohorts making excuses now for their unfortunate references to gun violence.

No wingnut has come forward yet to apologize for that insane campaign strategy.

I think the point is, is that it was a little confusing to see such excited sentiment in the crowd at what is intrinsically a solemn and serious occassion, and as a reporter, to any station, it was probably hard not to comment on. People really love Obama, and the fact that he spoke, and the content of his speech, his nonverbals, his tone, and his delivery. I thought it was really cool, that he was able to turn a solemn occasion into something joyous while retaining its propriety and purpose, and I bet it even made the family feel honored that people were so excited to simply be there, for whatever reason. It's a different way of looking at a memorial, but valid. Great job by him.

Last edited:

Now that is shocking what's up with that?

I think the point is, is that it was a little confusing to see such excited sentiment in the crowd at what is intrinsically a solemn and serious occassion, and as a reporter, to any station, it was probably hard not to comment on. People really love Obama, and the fact that he spoke, and the content of his speech, his nonverbals, his tone, and his delivery. I thought it was really cool, that he was able to turn a solemn occasion into something joyous while retaining its propriety and purpose, and I bet it even made the family feel honored that people were so excited to simply be there, for whatever reason. It's a different way of looking at a memorial, but valid. Great job by him.

Hold your horses there tatter not all the people really love obama. Not even close to liking obama. More are indifferant to him than love or hate him. I am on the hate side. You I guess are on the love side.

I don't like obama...at all. I normally don't even watch any of his speeches because i can't believe anything he says. But i did watch the memorial service last night and i have to admit he did an awsome job! I even had tears in my eyes!!! This doesn't make me like him any more as president, but i think his speech was very good and moving....now people need to do what he said and leave the politics out of this awful disaster!

Media Maters need to target CNN like they were one of the Palin kids

it is only a parody if CNN actually did what the OP wrote.

if they did not, it's just a lie.
I watched the replay of the President's speech in Tucson last night on CNN at about midnight EST. The commentators actually said what I wrote. If you have proof otherwise, please post it.

Oh looky here! From David Gergens own site:
David Gergen's Voice: What More Must We Do?
Many of us in the TV audience tuned in to Tucson expecting a solemn service memorializing the dead and wounded. So, it was jarring at first to find an atmosphere more like a pep rally, even a campaign rally. John King, on scene for CNN, explained that folks in Tucson needed a catharsis.
So it is a parody, as it was meant to be. Some USMB posters saw that. :up: This isn't my first rdean thread parody either.

I find rdeans posts easy to parody because he's such a partisan hack and he doesn't even know it. As an example, he usually just posts generalized insults like "Republicans are so stupid" which of course is easy to change to "Democrats are so stupid". He mistakes his own opinion as fact thus showing his own arrogance and ignorance.

Yeah, I vote Conservative, but I don't worship our elected leaders as he seems to do. I'll criticize a Republican just as easily as a Democrat if they fuck up.

it is only a parody if CNN actually did what the OP wrote.

if they did not, it's just a lie.
I watched the replay of the President's speech in Tucson last night on CNN at about midnight EST. The commentators actually said what I wrote. If you have proof otherwise, please post it.

Oh looky here! From David Gergens own site:
David Gergen's Voice: What More Must We Do?
Many of us in the TV audience tuned in to Tucson expecting a solemn service memorializing the dead and wounded. So, it was jarring at first to find an atmosphere more like a pep rally, even a campaign rally. John King, on scene for CNN, explained that folks in Tucson needed a catharsis.
So it is a parody, as it was meant to be. Some USMB posters saw that. :up: This isn't my first rdean thread parody either.

I find rdeans posts easy to parody because he's such a partisan hack and he doesn't even know it. As an example, he usually just posts generalized insults like "Republicans are so stupid" which of course is easy to change to "Democrats are so stupid". He mistakes his own opinion as fact thus showing his own arrogance and ignorance.

Yeah, I vote Conservative, but I don't worship our elected leaders as he seems to do. I'll criticize a Republican just as easily as a Democrat if they fuck up.

i know it isn't your first. i think it is nearing 50 times or more. usually you just switch left and right and that's about it. this time you switched the fox "quote" to cnn.

i googled your quote, and found only right-wing bullshit sites.

i believe you now that you sourced to CNN.

I don't like obama...at all. I normally don't even watch any of his speeches because i can't believe anything he says. But i did watch the memorial service last night and i have to admit he did an awsome job! I even had tears in my eyes!!! This doesn't make me like him any more as president, but i think his speech was very good and moving....now people need to do what he said and leave the politics out of this awful disaster!

I'm with you.

I don't like Obama at all either.

I must, however, give credit where credit is due.

His speech last night was a tour de force in my opinion. Absolutely super.

Let us just hope people follow his advice on leaving politics out of this tragedy.

Satire, for sure, coming from you. That said, I think most everyone watching from our living rooms (me included) were probably a little taken back the first time we heard the hooting and hollering coming from the upper gallery. My first reaction to that was anger. But then I took a step back and realized this was not a church and was not meant to be a solemn service lamenting the deaths, but a testimony to the brave people who were directly involved in the tragic event.

Forum List

Back