How DARE anyone take Assault Weapons out in Public!...

To all loonies: you have no "right" not to have your weapon licensed.

Get over it.

You a Criminal Defense Lawyer?...

Christ on Cracker!...

The Right to Keep and Bear did not come with Liscensing when it was Penned...

That's about as Weak an Attempt as I have read in some time.

I Know this... It "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED"...:) peace...

You are as thick as peanut butter on a cracker. Yes, weapons can be licensed. You don't make the rules, and the judges interpet the law. Get over it.

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Why did they write it like that in the constitution?

Having been oppressed by a professional army, the founding fathers of the United States had no use for establishing one of their own. Instead, they decided that an armed citizenry makes the best army of all. General George Washington created regulation for the aforementioned "well-regulated militia," which would consist of every able-bodied man in the country.

Puritan guy, you and I with our popguns are not going to protect our liberties. That is done by civic virtue of an informed electorate choosing good representatives, and that is done by the millitary recognizing the civilians control them. One of the three greatest acts on Truman was turning McArthur's butt into retirement alley when the yoik questioned the President publicly and tried to use the press against the President -- HT was courageous, DM was a coward.

Doubt my point? Tell me how many missile frigates do you have floating on your backyard pool.

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Having been oppressed by a professional army, the founding fathers of the United States had no use for establishing one of their own. Instead, they decided that an armed citizenry makes the best army of all. General George Washington created regulation for the aforementioned "well-regulated militia," which would consist of every able-bodied man in the country.

The Founders were Absolutely CLEAR on the Individual's Right to Keep and Bear...

Anyone who Denies this is either a Liar or Ignorant of History.

:)

peace...

The Founders were Absolutely CLEAR on the Individual's Right to Keep and Bear...

peace...

"I said it, I'm right, you're wrong, so there!" :lol:

That sure wraps it up now :D

peace...
No, they weren't clear at all. Hence the years of arguing over what the words mean exactly.

peace...

"I said it, I'm right, you're wrong, so there!" :lol:

That sure wraps it up now :D

Actually, it was more like "they said it, I repeated it, so I am right" ... which he is. They simply said "a right to bear arms" ... not "a right to bear only minimal arms" ... and there was a good reason. It was their weapons that made this country, and only with the populace armed can we defend ourselves if they decide to push their weight with really big weapons.

peace...
No, they weren't clear at all. Hence the years of arguing over what the words mean exactly.

"...the advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation..." - Madison...

And I can do this ALL day... Can you Find me ONE Quote of a Founder at the Time of the Bill of Rights saying that the 2nd isn't an Individual Right?...

"The Right of the People" doesn't Vary for your Convenience.

peace...

peace...

"...the advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation..." - Madison...

And I can do this ALL day... Can you Find me ONE Quote of a Founder at the Time of the Bill of Rights saying that the 2nd isn't an Individual Right?...

peace...
Your quote, which isn't in context, could mean anything. It doesn't matter what they wrote or said elsewhere, it matters what the constitution says. And that isn't clear at all.

peace...
Your quote, which isn't in context, could mean anything. It doesn't matter what they wrote or said elsewhere, it matters what the constitution says. And that isn't clear at all.

How is it not clear?

Word for word: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." - 2nd Amendment

peace...

The Hell it's NOT...

"The Right of People" is a the Right of the Individual or it's NOT...

Either you have a Right to Free Speech, or you don't...

"The People" isn't different in the 2nd from any of the others in the Bill of Rights.

Find me ONE Quote of the Founders, be it from the Convention, the Federalist, or ANY of their Writings where the Right to Keep and Bear is ANYTHING other than an Individual Right.

You can't.

Relativism is the Playground for Liberals, Devils and Whores.

peace...

peace...

The Hell it's NOT...

"The Right of People" is a the Right of the Individual or it's NOT...

Either you have a Right to Free Speech, or you don't...

"The People" isn't different in the 2nd from any of the others in the Bill of Rights.

Find me ONE Quote of the Founders, be it from the Convention, the Federalist, or ANY of their Writings where the Right to Keep and Bear is ANYTHING other than an Individual Right.

You can't.

Relativism is the Playground for Liberals, Devils and Whores.

peace...
You can kick and scream and whine all you want but this part of the constitution is as clear as mud, you passive aggressive twit.

Fuck you :lol:

Word for word: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." - 2nd Amendment

Well, you see, KK... "The Right of the People" is Different there...

"the People" means something Entirely Different in the 2nd because... Liberals say so.

And because they Live in High Crime Areas that have been Governed by Liberals for Generations, they Ignorantly Believe that the Weapons of Choice of the Criminals they have Fostered for Generations are the Problem, as Opposed to their Policies of Dependence and Low Expectation.

And if they don't Live in those Areas, what's left of their Souls tells them that it's their Failed Policies that have those People Enslaved in that Filth, so they Hysterically React to something that can't Argue with them...

The Gun.

God forbid we Blame the Person with the Gun.

Personal Responsibility is like Garlic to a Vampire with Liberals.

peace..

You can kick and scream and whine all you want but this part of the constitution is as clear as mud, you passive aggressive twit.

Fuck you :lol:

Your Ignorance, Furstration and Anger are none of my Concern...

Your Inability to Illustrate your Claim with anything Resembling Substance is.

I now Own you.

peace...

Don't take my laughing at your idiocy as evidence that I'm frustrated, angry or ignorant.

Your founder quote referred not protecting private property from criminals but to protecting against government.

As I stated before, the amendment is poorly written and unclear and that is why the arguments about its meaning continue to this day.

The black panthers in your op were actually arguing a point that seems to be in agreement with your beliefs, though of course that isn't why you posted it.

And while I don't agree with the point they were making, they made it very well and they made it lawfully without trying to intimidate anyone.

"The People" refers to those who are not "The Governing Body", it's not hard to understand the language they used back then, really it isn't.

Forum List

Back