how could a black man not be racist?

What difference does it make what color someone's skin is?

I look at what people do - not what they say, not what color their skin is - and decide if they're someone upstanding, a pos or somewhere inbetween. I don't care what color someone is -- white, black, yellow, brown, red -- if they act like an asshole, they're an asshole; if they do the right thing in a given situation, they're a good guy.

Yep, good way of saying what I used too many words for. For the most part my neighbors are in agreement with myself in what we want for ourselves and our kids. That doesn't mean that all agree; nor does it mean that those in different economic strata are necessarily different, though many in different strata are different. Both above and below.

It's the reason that some in 'poor areas' who have a strong desire to succeed in school and beyond are too often targeted by those that don't want to 'give into the man.'

Poor white trash is the person that leaves the cart in the middle of the parking lot rather than returning it to the cart return or the store.

I beg your pardon!!!

I leave my cart in the parking lot as a form of economic stimulus.

If it wasn't for that, the mildly retarded guy wearing the reflector vest wouldn't have a job.

Poor white trash is the person that leaves the cart in the middle of the parking lot rather than returning it to the cart return or the store.

I beg your pardon!!!

If it wasn't for that, the mildly retarded guy wearing the reflector vest wouldn't have a job.

He might still have the job, but at least that keeps him from bagging my meats with household cleaners and bread and eggs with jars of spagetti sauce.

I beg your pardon!!!

He might still have the job, but at least that keeps him from bagging my meats with household cleaners and bread and eggs with jars of spagetti sauce.

What would happen to the bagger?

everyone asks..can a black man be a racist? how could he not be one? given the racial history of this country? we seem to have more racial tension now than in the last couple of decades? why? is it the white's man reaction to the election of a black president? is it the fear of the blacks taking over? just what is it?

Read what has been written in this very forum before and since the election.. then you will know,, it's a kinda "in your face" kinda thing.. ater all that's been said demeaning the white race?? you wanna ask "can a black man be racist?" :lol::lol::lol::lol: now I don't know about you but I was raised not to treat other people that way.. but reverse racism is accepted now by the democrats..you guys own it,, and your leader stepped in his own pile of shit the other day and pretty much blew the lid off.. oh! and btw.. I listened to MSNBC last night too. :eusa_hand:

I beg your pardon!!!

OMG! I do the same thing. The cart jockeys need to work and I'm happy to do my part. I also leave those little baskets that are available when you don't need a cart in unlikely places to keep the basket jockeys employed.

everyone asks..can a black man be a racist? how could he not be one? given the racial history of this country? we seem to have more racial tension now than in the last couple of decades? why? is it the white's man reaction to the election of a black president? is it the fear of the blacks taking over? just what is it?

I know plenty of blacks that aren't racist....Professor Gates just doesn't happen to be one of them.

Gates is a racist? How stupid.

I know plenty of blacks that aren't racist....Professor Gates just doesn't happen to be one of them.

He is stupid for being a racist,, for once you and I agree on something. He is in fact stupid!

First, not all blacks are racist! In fact I would state most aren't! Most are Charlie Bass and 52nd Street (sounds like a band!)
It sounds like you are apologizing or rationalizing black racism! No racism is acceptable! Whether its white on black or black on white!

Black racism isn't just targetted whites. Ask any Korean that works in LA and they will tell you they get harrassed by blacks.

The Bass isn't a racist, seriously. You people only accuse the Bass of being racist because he exposes those who are responsible for what exists today as far as the race problem, which a lot of whites will not acknowledge because they believe that admitting such will mean they are accountable for what their ancestors have done.

Nobody has stated that they, but the Bass understands why some whites will never admit that the race problem is a problem started by whites, doing so essentially drives a stake in the heart of white supremacy, since white supremacy basically states that white people are and were the greatest thing ever in this world and could do only good and no wrong[lol, even oppressing and enslaving people is "good" in the eyes of such people].

Some blacks can be racist, most notably racist black police and race baiting black Republicans who are nothing more than trifling mouthpieces for the racist right, they're frustrated slaves crawling back to the plantation.

He is stupid for being a racist,, for once you and I agree on something. He is in fact stupid!

How was gates racist? Do you even know the meaning of the term racist? isn't it funny the minute there's a black president all of these insecure, paranoid whites start crying racism in a country where people of their hue have been the ones perpetrating all the racism against those not of their hue?Unless you've been through what the racially oppressed have been through, shut the hell up.

How was gates racist? Do you even know the meaning of the term racist? isn't it funny the minute there's a black president all of these insecure, paranoid whites start crying racism in a country where people of their hue have been the ones perpetrating all the racism against those not of their hue?Unless you've been through what the racially oppressed have been through, shut the hell up.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: I watched MSNBC too last night.. I got them talking points.. damn,, just for a second there I thought you had a lucid moment.

IMO if there aren't artificial boundaries raised that prevent interactions with other races, few are actually prejudice by race, more so by class. What gives commonality are shared mores, hopes, and aspirations. If my neighbor believes it is ok for the their children to swear, lie, steal, I will not become 'friendly' with them, regardless of race.

However, if we do share the commonalities to maintain our property, raise our children to be good students, citizens, friends, and neighbors, we stand a very good chance of being more than 'neighbors.'

Very, VERY true. My social circles span a wide range of race, religion, age, wealth, and even sexual orientations simply because we have common interests that mean much more to us than more superficial categories.

You get the idea....it's the behavior, not the race or economic level.

Bullfucking shit, that slur is pretty much like ******. Same exact thing. Poor white trash means poor white people.

Well, if it'll make you feel better to have people specify "rich black trash" when appropriate, then whatever floats your boat. I think the point, though, is that it's the "trash" part of it's that important, and that transcends all racial and socioeconomic groups.

I beg your pardon!!!

What would happen to the bagger?

Usually, they're the same person. The supermarket I used to work for simply scheduled all their courtesy clerks (aka baggers) to take rotating shifts out in the parking lot, wrangling baskets.

IMO if there aren't artificial boundaries raised that prevent interactions with other races, few are actually prejudice by race, more so by class. What gives commonality are shared mores, hopes, and aspirations. If my neighbor believes it is ok for the their children to swear, lie, steal, I will not become 'friendly' with them, regardless of race.

However, if we do share the commonalities to maintain our property, raise our children to be good students, citizens, friends, and neighbors, we stand a very good chance of being more than 'neighbors.'

Very, VERY true. My social circles span a wide range of race, religion, age, wealth, and even sexual orientations simply because we have common interests that mean much more to us than more superficial categories.

Yep, I grew up in a suburb that was heavily German/Lutheran. Very prejudiced again Irish, especially Catholics. When I was 5 years old I had a retired neighbor screaming at me to explain 'Immaculate Conception.' For some reason I couldn't. He called me a blasphemer. Needless to say, i was traumatized. Yet I grew up to see beyond that person, who actually became nicer as I got older, I saw the tenor of the town change towards Catholics, once it was realized that 'we' weren't subverting the basic tenents that were held dear. Our parents wanted us to go to college, and be good citizens, same as the old German/Lutherans.

Gates' remarks may not have been ractist, per se . . . .but he was the one who bought up race; he's the one who made this a racial issue.

Gates' remarks may not have been ractist, per se . . . .but he was the one who bought up race; he's the one who made this a racial issue.

They were racist, from the get go. He used the race card, as if he were a 'regular black man' and he isn't. He denigrated those he thinks he supports.

They were racist, from the get go. He used the race card, as if he were a 'regular black man' and he isn't. He denigrated those he thinks he supports.
What is a "regular black man?"

What is a "regular black man?"

Oh! come on Ravi,, she meant Gates has a position of rank and privilege that not too many blacks or whites for that matter enjoy!

You have a very low opinion of black people.

Forum List

Back