How come voters get no blame for our national debt?

They should. At least half of this population or more, on both sides of the aisle, are completely out of their minds or just plain believe that the guy next to them owes them a living.

Those parasites are each and every one of us.....rich and poor

Wrong. I just pointed out they are not. Parasites are people get a check from the government when the government doesn't get anything in exchange.

Cut the program that benefits us and we vote the bastards out. Americans are fat and lazy and unwilling to face sacrifice.

There are no programs that benefit me or millions of other taxpayers. I would vote for any politician who cut programs, if there were any.

So...how would you go about fixing the pot holes on your street? Should you all pass the hat around and get it fixed yourself or do you rely on the municipal government to do that? If you do, persons who dont' drive on the street may be paying the bill. So that makes you a sponge.

Potholes in the street are far down the list of our concerns. The trillions the government spends on transfer payments is the first thing we have to worry about. After all those are eliminated, then we can worry about how to pay for fixing potholes.

So...how do you fund public schools? Should you have to pay for them if you don't have any kids or your kids don't go?

Easy solution: Public schools should be eliminated.

If you did go to a public school at any time, you were a sponge.

Welcome to the club.

so once we start down the road to parasitism, there's no turning back?

Wrong. I just pointed out they are not. Parasites are people get a check from the government when the government doesn't get anything in exchange.

Cut the program that benefits us and we vote the bastards out. Americans are fat and lazy and unwilling to face sacrifice.

There are no programs that benefit me or millions of other taxpayers. I would vote for any politician who cut programs, if there were any.

You don't think the rich get a check from the government?
How naive

No programs benefit you? Schools, medical research, roads and infrastructure, food and drug protections, environmental protections, police and fire, social security, Medicare

So...how would you go about fixing the pot holes on your street? Should you all pass the hat around and get it fixed yourself or do you rely on the municipal government to do that? If you do, persons who dont' drive on the street may be paying the bill. So that makes you a sponge.

Potholes in the street are far down the list of our concerns. The trillions the government spends on transfer payments is the first thing we have to worry about. After all those are eliminated, then we can worry about how to pay for fixing potholes.
Now you're changing the debate.

You seem to be anti-parasite while denying that those who don't pay for what they are using are parasites themselves.

So...how do you fund public schools? Should you have to pay for them if you don't have any kids or your kids don't go?

Easy solution: Public schools should be eliminated.

When that doesn't happen...what then?

If you did go to a public school at any time, you were a sponge.

Welcome to the club.

so once we start down the road to parasitism, there's no turning back?

Negative.

Just pointing out how all of us are warmed by fires stoked by others. In some way shape or form. Denial of that indisputable truth is as incorrect as it is silly. It may even be dangerous to the nation.

You don't think the rich get a check from the government?
How naive

No programs benefit you? Schools, medical research, roads and infrastructure, food and drug protections, environmental protections, police and fire, social security, Medicare

Apparently, you don't have to pay for anything you don't like.

If I don't like tanks that our soldiers drive around in, should we get rid of the tanks?

It's been since 1952 since we had a day where our national debt decreased. How come the voters get a pass on this issue? If it were important enough to us, we would simply vote those out that governed in a manner that increased our debt (and would consistently do so until we had only politicians who governed in a fiscally responsible manner).

How come we get a pass and then get to blame the people that WE voted into office (since both parties have run up massive debt, that would be most of us)? Sure, they should get a ton of blame, but how come the people who put them there get to pass the blame and then sit around and complain like we're not complicit?
Our elected representatives are for the most part reflections of ourselves. We buy now and pay latter. The big difference is the government has unlimited credit.

Just as in our personal lives, government needs adequate revenue and cost controls something that has been missing for some time.

NOT ONE person seems to comprehend that from 2000 through 2011 nearly $8 trillion in losses occurred and these losses reduced tax revenues by nearly $1.5 trillion.
NOT one person seems to comprehend that nearly $1.2 Trillion in expenditures occurred because of events caused by external forces.

If you don't recognize this $267 billion a year in lost revenue everything else has NO BEARING!
Because all the verbosity is directly related to these external events.. that evidently NONE of you are aware happened!

Forum List

Back