How come there is no national disgust in the murder of innocents by our Gov?

Hmmm, you write as a high functioning autistic, which would explain some things about your personality. He served, you served, Alan West served, and I and many on the board served at various times and places. So qualification of opinion by vet service is only a personal mind game, I think, and I am not impressed with it. Certainly not with your viciousness toward the guy on the AC. I carried an M14 and an M16 in infantry units, and I don't think that carries any more significance than an air jock. But, hey, that's me.

High functioning autistic? As honest of a guy I am I will admit to being high functioning, indeed I have been criticized about speaking too fast, but autistic? Nah. Nevertheless, a vet who sat on a ship has no credibility of the mind of the people in a country he never set foot in, and thus, need not lead others to such an assumption. I could have went after his hilarious "I'm glad I made it home alive" (summarization) comment but it was non material. (He was on a freakin ship)

Last edited:
That there can only be your opinion that characterizes all vets who served? Tammy Duckworth would disagree with you. freedombecki defended you only because she agrees with you, not because you are a combat vet.

There is going to be disagreement over Iraq, as there was over Vietnam. If you demonize those who disagree with you using "vet" as a standard, you will be in the very small minority. However, you will do as you wish. And, Publius1787, thank you for your service.

What and where the other guy fought is immaterial. Your combat credentials are immaterial. And you did not come across rationally. You were in a rage. You were going to try to demonize him with "I am a combat vet" as if that means anything.

Pubic Poagybait, it means nothing.

He used his service to legitimize his opinion of how the Muj were just trying to defend their country. I raised the BS flag knowing that if he had ever been there he would have seen otherwise. That’s not immaterial.
Sorry you think that, Jake. I spent years making purple heart quilts for wounded combat troops because political assholes over here weren't treating them well when they got home. Your dissing a combat veteran is not a good idea. It makes those of us who care about them through thick and then sick to our stomachs to see you viciously abuse them online.

I am dissing a combat vet who dissed another vet who served in a combat zone.

While I honor your respect for the service and all of the veterans in your family, I advise you, becki, to supply the same standards to all the vets who comment.

I correct those who viciously abuse others online: that is not their role and I remind them of that. And you.

I am dissing a combat vet who dissed another vet who served in a combat zone.

While I honor your respect for the service and all of the veterans in your family, I advise you, becki, to supply the same standards to all the vets who comment.

I correct those who viciously abuse others online: that is not their role and I remind them of that. And you.

Correction: Who served on a ship outside a combat zone while using his service to legitimize his beliefs of a place he has never known. Its all fair game. The fact that you think it is distasteful has no bearing on the merits of an argument grounded in a factual observation.

Last edited:
Hmmm, you write as a high functioning autistic, which would explain some things about your personality. He served, you served, Alan West served, and I and many on the board served at various times and places. So qualification of opinion by vet service is only a personal mind game, I think, and I am not impressed with it. Certainly not with your viciousness toward the guy on the AC. I carried an M14 and an M16 in infantry units, and I don't think that carries any more significance than an air jock. But, hey, that's me.
No he isn't, Jake.

Last edited:
What and where the other guy fought is immaterial. Your combat credentials are immaterial. And you did not come across rationally. You were in a rage. You were going to try to demonize him with "I am a combat vet" as if that means anything.

Pubic Poagybait, it means nothing.

You attempted the thought police experiment, pubic poagybait, and got it shoved up your ass.

I attacked the authentic credentials being offered in a rational manner that goes against his Iraqi bonafidies. Thats not thought police. If it were it would not be allowed in court arguments. No duh huh? You made a rule that a veteran may not attack another veteran. Thats thought police. That places an artifical stigma on anyone who makes a similar argument dispite the validity of their claim.
Cut the Tokyo Rose crap and leave our troops alone Starkey.

Last edited:
Our troops can say whatever they want, berlinbecki, and though you can criticize them, you can't muzzle them.

That's the way America works.

Forum List

Back