How come there is no national disgust in the murder of innocents by our Gov?

LibertyLemming

VIP Member
Oct 31, 2012
USA
I really don't get it. I see people bickering day in and day out about the Fiscal Cliff or Sandy Hook or how Obama blows or how Romney blows or what have you, but I almost never see anyone complain about how we murder innocent children and women and men all the time with bombs in other countries. In fact, I see people CONSTANTLY trying to defend the very politicians who charter these horrendous acts of violence.

Can't we all at least agree that an innocent human life is more important than the D or the R next to some guys name on the TV? Let's start promoting freedom for everyone.

"there's plenty of good money to be made when supply the army with the tools of the trade"

country joe mcdonald

Last edited by a moderator:
I think many are just too preoccupied with their own lives, and from their perspective it's almost not real in the sense that it's only viewed on tv and the internet, and read about.

War is a shame.

Agreed. This isn't war though, we haven't declared war on all the places we bomb nor has it been declared on us by their government. This is murder in the guise of security. Murder for profit likely.

As a nation, we still don't have a commonly held belief that others have a right to come here and kill us. Not yet anyway.

As a nation, we still don't have a commonly held belief that others have a right to come here and kill us. Not yet anyway.

But it is a brilliant idea to do it to other places? Makes sense.

Are you trying to imply the children who aren't old enough to walk and talk that we kill somehow tried to harm us?

Last edited:
Americans are such an inherently violent people (look at our history) and we've become so desensitized and comfortable with war that burned up brown bodies doesn't even register in our collective consciousness anymore. Also, we've been in continuous war for nearly eleven years now so Americans really don't care anymore.

Also, after the flap of Bush propaganda during the initial phases of shock and awe in the Iraqi war (embedded media? yeah that's fucking impartial) our nation's conflicts have been completely wiped out of our media. It is actually shocking how little you hear or see about our conflicts in the middle east aside from pretty government approved photo. And the really shocking thing is we all know Afghanistan has a major darkside to it, yet again we rarely ever hear about the dark side of that conflict. The government learned their lessons very well after Vietnam of allowing very little real information to get out of their war zones and keeping it as far away as possible from the American public.

Last edited:
War is a shame.

Agreed. This isn't war though, we haven't declared war on all the places we bomb nor has it been declared on us by their government. This is murder in the guise of security. Murder for profit likely.

I'm at a loss.

For example, Libya--is that the sort of thing you are referencing? Afghanistan? Iraq?

and then perhaps, Gitmo?

What is it that we should do?

We seem to be staying out of conflicts unless requested/required to intervene and granted, I don't know much about what decisions are being made.

I suppose we have provided support of some kind in Syria that should be scrutinized. What else?

But it is a brilliant idea to do it to other places? Makes sense.

Are you trying to imply the children who aren't old enough to walk and talk that we kill somehow tried to harm us?

Big Government statists on BOTH sides of the aisle call that 'preemption'...

I really don't get it. I see people bickering day in and day out about the Fiscal Cliff or Sandy Hook or how Obama blows or how Romney blows or what have you, but I almost never see anyone complain about how we murder innocent children and women and men all the time with bombs in other countries. In fact, I see people CONSTANTLY trying to defend the very politicians who charter these horrendous acts of violence.

Can't we all at least agree that an innocent human life is more important than the D or the R next to some guys name on the TV? Let's start promoting freedom for everyone.

You’ll have to take that up with the neo-cons, advocates of starting illegal wars.

"there's plenty of good money to be made when supply the army with the tools of the trade"

country joe mcdonald

I-Feel-Like-I'm-Fixin'-To-Die - YouTube

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fHGCZC6EQs]Iraq War Profiteers: Part 1 of 2 - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awbC_bXwEWg]Iraq War Profiteers - Part 2 of 2 - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
Americans are such an inherently violent people (look at our history) and we've become so desensitized and comfortable with war that burned up brown bodies doesn't even register in our collective consciousness anymore. Also, we've been in continuous war for nearly eleven years now so Americans really don't care anymore.

Also, after the flap of Bush propaganda during the initial phases of shock and awe in the Iraqi war (embedded media? yeah that's fucking impartial) our nation's conflicts have been completely wiped out of our media. It is actually shocking how little you hear or see about our conflicts in the middle east aside from pretty government approved photo. And the really shocking thing is we all know Afghanistan has a major darkside to it, yet again we rarely ever hear about the dark side of that conflict. The government learned their lessons very well after Vietnam of allowing very little real information to get out of their war zones and keeping it as far away as possible from the American public.

Apparently quite a few Americans scrutinize such decisions closely.

Yes, 'inherently violent'--I would have to say that applies to human nature. I cannot think of a culture that couldn't be describe thusly. The cultures have mixed and mingled.

This country needs to remove itself immediately from Afghanistan, that's the biggest thing. What is happening to our nation right now and specifically our economy is what war with Afghanistan historically does to a country. They don't win wars there with body counts, they win wars there through societal attrition because they're a thousands of year old guerrilla fighting people and because it's so expensive to fight a war there. People want to give credit to Reagan for ending the Cold War (in between giving weapons to terrorists and being the first Republican to introduce brilliant trickle down economics) but the real reason the USSR dissolved is they destroyed their economy and society with an endless pointless war in Afghanistan that virtually parallels our conflict there. Fuck the violence aspect of our conflicts, the Afghanistan War is a cancer inside America.

War is a shame.

Grow up man, terrorist don't operate under a national flag or are they contained within certain boarders. The first rule of war is people die and not always only the people we want to die, but not pursuing the bad guys and allowing them to operate freely have proven to be more deadly than not.

War is a shame.

Grow up man, terrorist don't operate under a national flag or are they contained within certain boarders. The first rule of war is people die and not always only the people we want to die, but not pursuing the bad guys and allowing them to operate freely have proven to be more deadly than not.

So you're okay with killing people who have done nothing to us? Even if we kill a "terrorist" or two at the expensive of 10 innocent civilians it seems unjust and unwise. It breeds children who hate us as you may have become had a bomb to kill a guy at your neighbors wiped out your village. Even these terrorists, what have they done to you? to us? Show me a victim? Are we not a society of laws ? You feel fine with having one man capable of deciding who lives and dies? Including his own citizens?

EDIT: You've never seen in your lifetime us allowing anyone to "operate freely".

Last edited:
War is a shame.

In other words, the first ‘rule’ of war is there are no ‘rules.’

Your post acknowledges the fact that the ‘war’ on ‘terror’ is a myth.

Forum List

Back