How come the policies that got us in this mess are working?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiad54f2Rjw]Obama Blames recession on tax cuts - YouTube[/ame]

they have been in place for nearly a decade havent they?

how is it they took so long to work and first took us into a free fall ?

Because they are not helping us they are hurting us.

The point is America doesn't live or die based on changing the marginal rates, like your favorite team claims.....In reality lower taxes are better for a strong economy, but that's not the point. We were told America can't afford the same tax rate. When the economy was losing a boatload of jobs, liberals made the excuse that it's not Obama's fault, the Bush tax cuts are to blame.
.....And, Republicans make every effort to avoid addressing the results of their team paying that 3% that Lil' Dumbya cut.​

"Not only was the entire national deficit eliminated after raising taxes on the wealthy in 1993, but the economy grew so fast for the remainder of the decade that many conservative economists thought that the Fed should raise the prime interest rate in order to slow it down."

so democrats never blamed the Bush Tax cuts for a poor economy????????

Some did, but then some republicans blame Obama for the entire recession.
There are stupid members of both party's.

btw the tax cuts did not cause this mess but they made the debt worse which is a major concern of the right moreso than the left.

I agree with your first paragraph, but I also think more than some democrats were blaming the tax cuts cuts for everything.

I'm a supply side economics person. I think the tax cuts were healthy for the economy, and resulted in more revenue to help us with budgets. The problem wasn't the we let people keep too much of their money, but we overspent on other things.

Prove your claim with facts

btw the tax cuts did not cause this mess but they made the debt worse which is a major concern of the right moreso than the left.

I agree with your first paragraph, but I also think more than some democrats were blaming the tax cuts cuts for everything.

I'm a supply side economics person. I think the tax cuts were healthy for the economy, and resulted in more revenue to help us with budgets. The problem wasn't the we let people keep too much of their money, but we overspent on other things.

yeah most investment gleaned from the tax cuts have gone into the market and the supply side of things from China. Not back into our country.

However most all money spent on welfare, unemployment benefits, food stamps, SS, etc are rolled right back into our economy here at home.

Sad but true.

yeah most investment gleaned from the tax cuts have gone into the market and the supply side of things from China. Not back into our country.

However most all money spent on welfare, unemployment benefits, food stamps, SS, etc are rolled right back into our economy here at home.

Sad but true.

Too bad we dont really get an extra 40 cents of activity as claimed.

Two threads today thanking Obama for the great surge in employment and the stock market indexes. Liberals have made it a taking point that the Bush tax cuts created a economic meltdown. So how come we're getting all this wonderful data with them still in place????

No I suspect most "liberals" who are paying attention don't think the Bush Tax cuts caused the meltdown.

If anything they blame those tax cuts on the state of the US debt.

Not the same thing at all.

The national debt didn't CAUSE the BANSTERS" MELTDOWN, kid.

You're confusing two entirely different issues.

That said, Obama is not responsible for a healthier wall street.

Neither was he responsible for it having crashed.

No, for democrats raising taxes is the holy grail. You're right that they have ignorantly blamed the tax cuts on our debt problems, but the democrats have disingenuously blamed the cuts on all of our economic problems.
Gee......less revenue (except on Wall Street) might (actually) cause economic-problems??!!!! :eek:

wow.....lemme write-that-one-down.

handjob.gif

Two threads today thanking Obama for the great surge in employment and the stock market indexes. Liberals have made it a taking point that the Bush tax cuts created a economic meltdown. So how come we're getting all this wonderful data with them still in place????

Anyone patting Obama on the back for the unemployment numbers is a complete idiot and not very intelligent in any circle.

gop-quit-crying9.jpg

:eusa_whistle:

They will argue that the economy would be doing even better if such cuts would not be extended.

If BHO is re-elected in the fall, the Bush cuts will not be extended. He will veto any bill that includes extending the cuts for the wealthy.

Wall Street is probably just building another bubble, I for one am not that excited about it.

Nobody thinks the Bush tax cuts created the meltdown.

You forget it is the Bush family of politicians which have superb expertise in the art of unemployment by the millions.

The GM bailout saved and created a ton of jobs

The Obama stimulus saved jobs and created jobs

The Obama Hire Our Veterans bill is creating employment

No, for democrats raising taxes is the holy grail. You're right that they have ignorantly blamed the tax cuts on our debt problems, but the democrats have disingenuously blamed the cuts on all of our economic problems.

You are wrong and refuse to understand.

You surely-do have a short-memory, regarding the pre-cuts discussion.

Of course....I'm (also) assuming you were old-enough to support yourself, at the time, as well....​

"The curious may want to know why the Bush tax cuts are set to expire in the first place. After all, if then-President George W. Bush and Congress thought they were a good idea when they passed them in the early 2000s, why make them temporary?

The answer is that President Bush and a complicit Congress didn’t want to show the magnitude of the deficits that would result from their tax cuts. To hide those deficits as they were pushing them through they used a variety of accounting tricks. One of those tricks was attaching expiration dates so that, on paper, there wouldn’t be any long-term costs. This made the long-term deficit picture look fairly rosy on paper even as it doomed Bush’s successor and the current Congress to cleaning up the mess.

In fairness, Bush and his supply-side crowd believe with a zealot’s fervor that tax cuts spur such economic growth; that future deficits never happen. Over history there are trillions of dollars of debt that prove them wrong. But there’s no persuading a true believer.

The mess handed to the current president and Congress couldn’t be better designed to make their lives miserable."

This is MUCH akin to the economic-mess....

In BOTH cases.....Republicans ASSUMED, the economic piles-o'-shit (they left BOTH Dem Presidents) would NEVER get cleaned-up, in four years....and, Republicans would (simply) waltz right-back-in, the following-election!

HA!!!!!!

Bill Clinton proved them WRONG....

529.gif

....and, Republicans see Obama doing the SAME.....all-OVER, AGAIN!!!!

493.gif
493.gif
493.gif
493.gif
493.gif

Last edited:
Until the *NATIONAL DEBT* starts going "DOWN," these little up and down blips that are primarily the product of number manipulation, DON'T - MEAN - SHIT!

We are STILL in deep, DEEP trouble. Trouble that obama has made ten times worse since he's taken office.

Anyone talking "recovery" is one STUPID sons a bitch.

Last edited:

I'm a supply side economics person. I think the tax cuts were healthy for the economy, and resulted in more revenue to help us with budgets.
Whoah....

There are still people who ADMIT that????
323.png

:eusa_whistle:

You are wrong and refuse to understand.

Barry44, it's not a black and white world you seem to imagine it is and NONE of us are the caracatures that you apparently think we are.

I'm sure it must be nice to live in your simplistic world of white hats and blacks one but those of us living in the real world aren't impressed by the childish thinking of those of you who don't.

Forum List

Back