How come no big fuss was made over the "Ground Zero" mosque opening?

The people made it clear they didn't want the mosque there. The gov ignored the people. Now I have a plan and listen close I'm going to fly a plane into a highly populated muslim target somewhere in the middle east. Make sure they build a synagogue a couple blocks over!

It's a small place of worship with an auditorium. No biggie.

But when the 15 story Sharia Law School is built, the protests will start again. Esp. when they see who is putting up the $100M.

That's like objecting to americans renaming grounds that indians already had a name for.

Doesn't sound like enough reason to be against a mosque imo.

No its totally different.

The history of Cordoba and that name have implications which are hatred between christians and muslims and the death, warring, and destruction that were a result of that hatred which culminated in Cordoba spain.

I wasn't against a mosque being built, I was against it being named after something that relates to the pain and suffering of wars based on the differences between christianity and Islam.

I'm still not seeing how that's different than the europeans conquering the indians (whom they hated) and renaming the land, but i guess we'll agree to disagree.

I'm thinking more about it and maybe its not really any different. I mean I still, to this very day, take issue with Amherst, MA being named after Jeffery Amherst...he took that land from the natives in a very bad way. He gave them blankets in the winter that were known to have been used by smallpox patients in order to kill them off and take the land easily. That to me is wrong too.

And two wrongs don't make each other right ;).

Lol the best thing about you Uncensored is you're a right wing fundamentalist who doesn't believe in god, at least you're unique compared to what I see all over this board.

Typically your kind of crazy includes speaking in tongues or using snakes as a lasso.

That would get the PETA people up in arms.

I take it that the memorial to Islam's great triumph over the infidels gives you joy?

The best thing about you is that your an Atheist who roots for the success of theocracy over the secular west.

I believe in freedom of religion. I dont think the government has the right to tell people they cant build buildings of worship.

Do you oppose all zoning laws, or just those that would restrict the location of memorials to the triumph of Islam over the infidels?

I dislike zoning laws in general. I understand why they exist but I believe people should have the right to build on their property without constant government interference.

The far right wacks certainly did as far as trying to tear down America. They failed.
You leftist fucks got your memorial to the 9/11 hijackers. You must be ecstatic, Jake.
Lol the best thing about you Uncensored is you're a right wing fundamentalist who doesn't believe in god, at least you're unique compared to what I see all over this board. Typically your kind of crazy includes speaking in tongues or using snakes as a lasso.

Many on the far hard right who call themselves Christians are not followers of the Risen Christ. They, like Uncensored, are similar to the demons who admitted they knew Christ, and trembled in fear. Uncensored is simply a toothless reptile: ugly, no bite.

Many on the far hard right who call themselves Christians are not followers of the Risen Christ. They, like Uncensored, are similar to the demons who admitted they knew Christ, and trembled in fear. Uncensored is simply a toothless reptile: ugly, no bite.

ROFL

Jake, you're a dumb little guy, but you keep me laughing.

Standard Disclaimer: At you.

I understood those who opposed it, but I was never opposed to it. In fact, I suggested we encourage fundraising to help them build. I call it "Love your neighbor"

How about "Love your neighborhood terrorist" as a more apt title?

I haven't seen any evidence that they are terrorists. And if they are so what? I would think that would mean we are supposed to love them more.

I don't think Christ's command "But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you," (Luke 6:27) was just some impossible ideal. I think He actually wants us to love our enemies and do good to them. Return good for evil.

You leftist fucks got your memorial to the 9/11 hijackers. You must be ecstatic, Jake.
Lol the best thing about you Uncensored is you're a right wing fundamentalist who doesn't believe in god, at least you're unique compared to what I see all over this board. Typically your kind of crazy includes speaking in tongues or using snakes as a lasso.

most republicans are so full of hate for anythign different than themselves that they never did understand jesus' message of love......

they only use the bible and religion to further divide themselves and as justification to enact all their hate on those they view as different than them......

I haven't seen any evidence that they are terrorists. And if they are so what?

Yeah, why keep them from commemorating their great victory.

It's an Islamic tradition to errect a Mosque at the site of a battle where the infidels were defeated.

I would think that would mean we are supposed to love them more.

Why not test your theory by placing rattle snakes and scorpions in your bed - tell them you love them.

I don't think Christ's command "But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you," (Luke 6:27) was just some impossible ideal. I think He actually wants us to love our enemies and do good to them. Return good for evil.

Who cares?

Forum List

Back