How come no big fuss was made over the "Ground Zero" mosque opening?

The far right wacks certainly did as far as trying to tear down America.

They failed.

I understood those who opposed it, but I was never opposed to it. In fact, I suggested we encourage fundraising to help them build. I call it "Love your neighbor"

I understood those who opposed it, but I was never opposed to it. In fact, I suggested we encourage fundraising to help them build. I call it "Love your neighbor"

Any thoughts as to why it was a huge deal to some the idea of opening it, but not even a minor deal that it actually opened?

Because the haters really did not care. They were merely using an issue out of context to the problem in order to score political points. They failed.

I like Avatar4321s attitude, by the by.

'Ground Zero mosque' opens quietly - Americas - Al Jazeera English

This happened months ago, I didn't hear a peep about it.

When the idea of it first came out, people were freaking out and making threats from every corner.

Then of course none of those threats happened, and it seems like no one cares now when they certainly cared when the idea first got brought up. Why is that?

I was against it because they chose the title Cordoba Mosque. My outcry was to get the name changed as the name Cordoba does not symbolize peace and acceptance but symbolizes death through religion and conquest.

The state of NY and the City gave them the permission to build it and that was the end of the issue as far as I was concerned so this is why you dind't hear me say much about it being built now that its up, I can't get them to change the name and I've already expressed why I was against the name so what is the point in making a stink over it being built?

I still think "Cordoba" center is a horrible name as it represents religious warring between christians and muslims and the razing of cathedrals and mosques in cordoba as a result of this warring.

Hope that helps your curiousity a little.

Last edited:

When the idea of it first came out, people were freaking out and making threats from every corner.

Then of course none of those threats happened, and it seems like no one cares now when they certainly cared when the idea first got brought up. Why is that?

I was against it because they chose the title Cordoba Mosque. My outcry was to get the name changed as the name Cordoba does not symbolize peace and acceptance but symbolizes death through religion and conquest.

The state of NY and the City gave them the permission to build it and that was the end of the issue as far as I was concerned so this is why you dind't hear me say much about it being built now that its up, I can't get them to change the name and I've already expressed why I was against the name so what is the point in making a stink over it being built?

I still think "Cordoba" center is a horrible name as it represents religious warring between christians and muslims and the razing of cathedrals and mosques in cordoba as a result of this warring.

That's like objecting to americans renaming grounds that indians already had a name for.

Doesn't sound like enough reason to be against a mosque imo.

That's like objecting to americans renaming grounds that indians already had a name for.

No its totally different.

The history of Cordoba and that name have implications which are hatred between christians and muslims and the death, warring, and destruction that were a result of that hatred which culminated in Cordoba spain.

I wasn't against a mosque being built, I was against it being named after something that relates to the pain and suffering of wars based on the differences between christianity and Islam.

No its totally different.

The history of Cordoba and that name have implications which are hatred between christians and muslims and the death, warring, and destruction that were a result of that hatred which culminated in Cordoba spain.

I wasn't against a mosque being built, I was against it being named after something that relates to the pain and suffering of wars based on the differences between christianity and Islam.

I'm still not seeing how that's different than the europeans conquering the indians (whom they hated) and renaming the land, but i guess we'll agree to disagree.

The far right wacks certainly did as far as trying to tear down America.

They failed.

You leftist fucks got your memorial to the 9/11 hijackers. You must be ecstatic, Jake.

Lol the best thing about you Uncensored is you're a right wing fundamentalist who doesn't believe in god, at least you're unique compared to what I see all over this board.

Typically your kind of crazy includes speaking in tongues or using snakes as a lasso.

How liberal of you.

I believe in freedom of religion. I dont think the government has the right to tell people they cant build buildings of worship.

Well said.

Sad that abiding by the Constitution is something so many ppl feel they have to put a liberal or conservative label on. How about the label of lawful?

Forum List

Back