How come Conservatives aren't behind Santorum

G.T.

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2009
Not a flame thread - just honest answers and not leftist trolling answers, please spanx :D

Not a flame thread - just honest answers and not leftist trolling answers, please spanx :D

Well, that's not fair...the question just BEGS "leftist trolling answers". :D

I know, but I just want the honest truth.

If they say electibility, then I'm not sure I can respect that over ideaology.

As far as I've heard - he's the Candidate with the least "left leaning" baggage, or least "RINO" in him, as some call it - excluding Dr. Paul.

Well, that's not fair...the question just BEGS "leftist trolling answers". :D

I know, but I just want the honest truth.

If they say electibility, then I'm not sure I can respect that over ideaology.

As far as I've heard - he's the Candidate with the least "left leaning" baggage, or least "RINO" in him, as some call it - excluding Dr. Paul.

Dr Paul's views on the war and legalizing pot make him pretty RINOey, especially among
establishment GOP.

I really don't have an explanation for you as to why they don't like frothy Santorum though. Sorry :(

Because he's a social conservative which many believe isn't conservative at all.

Which factions of social conservatism are they usually in disagreement with?

There are factions of social conservatives?

To many who consider themselves true conservatives, using the power of the federal government to force one to behave in a certain way is the farthest thing from conservatism.

Conservatives are against big government, not for it when it suits them.

If Santorum really is a conservative then how come he isnt behind Ron Paul?

Oh and btw, Americans are sick of WARS FOR PROFIT.

I'm anti-statist, anti-big government, pro choice all accross the board, but i don't fear a Rick Santorum presidency. If he's elected, he won't be able to stop Gay Marriage from happening, he won't be able to overturn Roe v. Wade, and he won't be able to reinstate DADT. He might try, but he won't be able to do it.

How come liberals aren't behind Bernie Sanders?
Not a flame post - just honest answers and not riightist trolling. Answers please......... :eusa_whistle:

Not a flame post - just honest answers and not riightist trolling. Answers please......... :eusa_whistle:

I don't know, ask liberals? Start your own thread abo0t it?

That's the reason why he hasn't been propped up by the media the way the others have.

The US is being steered to the left, regardless of which party is in power. There will be no real conservatives to stand in the way of that, either.

There is something about his demeanor and the way he talks, I don't believe people can connect with it....regardless of his views

It’s interesting that given the radical right’s and social conservatives’ undue influence over the GOP for the last 30 years, they can’t seem to realize an extremist presidential candidate.

Because he's a social conservative which many believe isn't conservative at all.

Who are ‘many’? And where do social conservatives get the authority to call another republican a ‘RINO’ just because that republican believes in privacy rights and that the Federal government isn’t ‘Satan’?

Might be time for the right to huddle-up and get on the same page; you’ve got a lot of ‘conservatives’ who don’t follow that definition.

If he's elected, he won't be able to stop Gay Marriage from happening, he won't be able to overturn Roe v. Wade, and he won't be able to reinstate DADT. He might try, but he won't be able to do it.
Yes, but you have a lot of conservatives who are supporting him to achieve those very goals.

When you can't win re-election in your own state, there is a problem. It's hard to take any candidate who cannot win in their own state seriously.

I don't know, ask liberals? Start your own thread abo0t it?

What? You don't see the disingenuous, stereotypical generalization in my post...............? :eusa_whistle:

It’s interesting that given the radical right’s and social conservatives’ undue influence over the GOP for the last 30 years, they can’t seem to realize an extremist presidential candidate.

Yeah we know, we should all listen to you because you are the only one who knows what's going on.

Who are ‘many’? And where do social conservatives get the authority to call another republican a ‘RINO’ just because that republican believes in privacy rights and that the Federal government isn’t ‘Satan’?

Many. Or haven't you noticed that Santorum isn't polling well?

Might be time for the right to huddle-up and get on the same page; you’ve got a lot of ‘conservatives’ who don’t follow that definition.

So? We conservatives aren't bobble-headed conformist sheeple.

If he's elected, he won't be able to stop Gay Marriage from happening, he won't be able to overturn Roe v. Wade, and he won't be able to reinstate DADT. He might try, but he won't be able to do it.
Yes, but you have a lot of conservatives who are supporting him to achieve those very goals.

Yes, that's why they are called Social Conservatives. Thank you Captain Obvious.

I saw Santorum on C-Span last night. They replayed a speech he made at some place he was yesterday.

All he seemed to be saying was "I'm going to do this. I'm going to do that". Well, the President isn't a Dictator so what makes him think he "can do that"?

No Constitutional talk at all.

Saw that Michelle Bachman person too. They replayed a stop she made somewhere on the 15th. She talks to people like they're stupid kids. The audience wasn't smiling or looking at her much for some reason. But she's an IRS Tax Lawyer so I'd crossed her off my list already.

Forum List

Back