How come all our banking is electronic, but our elections are not?

Its 2018.

I,have every song ever made in the palm of my hand and I haven’t written a check in years.

Why can’t we get our voting process handled?

It's more difficult to "find" boxes of paper ballots marked for democrats if the results of the election could be certified complete within an hour of the polls closing. It would not be terribly difficult for every voter to receive a paper printout and an encrypted key that he could use to verify that his electronic ballot was correct.

What good would that do? I can just write the program to type that out even if it really was wrong, and just tell you it was correct.

First, there is no perfect way to prevent all fraud. Second, as we see today, boxes of uncounted ballots seem to mysteriously appear whenever an election is really close (and they always seem to benefit democrats), so paper ballots aren't really cause for confidence. Third, of course you could write a program. So could any first year Comp Sci student. The key is to prevent you from accessing the unit until it reports its results. There are ways to make it harder to tamper with. Not impossible, just harder.

What I advocate is a paper receipt that the voter verifies is correct and a means for that voter to verify the electronic record after. Of course it could be messed with, but how confident are you that your vote is correctly counted today, with all the games democrats play out of sight?

Last edited:
Its 2018.

I,have every song ever made in the palm of my hand and I haven’t written a check in years.

Why can’t we get our voting process handled?

Banking makes money, elections don't. Well not directly at least.

People don't like paying loads of money for a system that works just as well or better on paper.

Forum List

Back