How CO2 affects plant growth.

westwall

WHEN GUNS ARE BANNED ONLY THE RICH WILL HAVE GUNS
Gold Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2010
Nevada
I was surfing through Youtube and found this which I found very compelling.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2qVNK6zFgE]YouTube - Seeing is Believing[/ame]

Leave_it_to_Beaver_html_4319f57d.jpg

Gee, Wally....

You mean that increased CO2 would lead to more rapid growth of fauna --because CO2 is plant food-- which might lead to more rapid absorption of CO2, thereby probably-cum-more-than-likely mitigating any relatively trivial amount of industrial CO2 that man might contribute to the planet's total?

Well, that's not what Eddie Haskell has been saying.

Gee, Wally....

You mean that increased CO2 would lead to more rapid growth of fauna --because CO2 is plant food-- which might lead to more rapid absorption of CO2, thereby probably-cum-more-than-likely mitigating any relatively trivial amount of industrial CO2 that man might contribute to the planet's total?

Trivial amoounts?!?! We put out more in days than all the volcanoes on earth put out in a year. Perhaps plants would grow faster, but there might be more drought, also. You can't hang your hat on one factor and one line of outcomes. Climate is more complex than than and the major reason the deniers have anything to talk about at all.

• Banned

Gee, Wally....

Trivial amoounts?!?! We put out more in days than all the volcanoes on earth put out in a year. Perhaps plants would grow faster, but there might be more drought, also. You can't hang your hat on one factor and one line of outcomes. Climate is more complex than than and the major reason the deniers have anything to talk about at all.

Nice to see you finally admit that the climate engine is so powerful there konrad...you're beginning your journey to the dark side. It is in fact so complex that you just may agree that stating the "science" of GW settled was perhaps placing the cart before the horse?

• Banned
It is not 5% Dooodeee..... The increase is over 100 ppm, from 280 ppm to 387 ppm. That is close to 40%.

Yeah and look at the damned plant grow you blind cultist! That sucker loves CO2!

It is not 5% Dooodeee..... The increase is over 100 ppm, from 280 ppm to 387 ppm. That is close to 40%.
And man's contribution to that total has been about 5%.

Wiki (hardly the epicenter of the skeptic information dispersal) says 6%, other sources I've heard peg the number at about 4%, so I'll be charitable and split the difference.

Too bad for the Malthusian doom-and-gloomers.

Forum List

Back