how chinese build a hotel

Cut corners in every possible area.
Shoddy workmanship.
Only exterior skeleton completed
Not fully operational.

Basically it will collapse a lot faster than it went up.

Shoddy workmanship.
Not fully operational.

i don´t think so. the steel bars are looking very solid to me.

I want to know about structural integrity. Material composition, stress testing, engineering etc. It's not speed, it's quality and safety that are important in these things.

When this hotel has 150 people in it one night and a Tsunami or an earth quake wrecks the shit out of it, and everyone dies, we'll all say "oh yeah, figures. that was the hotel that was built in 6 days."

Shoddy workmanship.
Not fully operational.

I want to know about structural integrity. Material composition, stress testing, engineering etc. It's not speed, it's quality and safety that are important in these things.

When this hotel has 150 people in it one night and a Tsunami or an earth quake wrecks the shit out of it, and everyone dies, we'll all say "oh yeah, figures. that was the hotel that was built in 6 days."

And this would be different from America in what way if not for regulations and such?

Shoddy workmanship.
Not fully operational.

Well the Chinese don't trust them. Occupancy rates have been in the sewer since the 90s for Chinese residential, commercial and industrial real estate. As to why, the school house collapses in the last major Earthquake are a big known reason. Look good, feel good Potemkin village projects originated in China and were exported to Russia by the Mongols.

And this would be different from America in what way if not for regulations and such?

You siad it yourself. Regulations. Regulations make a huge difference. Despite slowing the proces, they ensure, to the best of the people's abilities, that the building is built as safely and structurally sound as possible. You think us Americans can't do what those chinese just did? Sure we can. Just hae a massive workforce work around the clock. I bet we can do it even faster if we work to the same level of completion.

Shoddy workmanship.
Not fully operational.

i´m an educated construction craftsman and i have a degree in engeneering. I wouldn´t be afraid to live in this house.

Last edited:
During WW2, we did some amazing things in construction. Some weren't that good, but a good many others are still around. The rate at which we build ships and airplanes had no equal at that time. And the B-17 was probably the toughest plane ever built.

You siad it yourself. Regulations. Regulations make a huge difference. Despite slowing the proces, they ensure, to the best of the people's abilities, that the building is built as safely and structurally sound as possible. You think us Americans can't do what those chinese just did? Sure we can. Just hae a massive workforce work around the clock. I bet we can do it even faster if we work to the same level of completion.

I am glad to see that someone here is for tough construction regulations and good union trained craftsmen.

i´m an educated construction craftsman and i have a degree in engeneering. I wouldn´t be afraid to live in this house.

How can you make this decision based on strictly a video you've seen?

During WW2, we did some amazing things in construction. Some weren't that good, but a good many others are still around. The rate at which we build ships and airplanes had no equal at that time. And the B-17 was probably the toughest plane ever built.

rutan-b17.jpg

PreFab has come a LONG way in the last few decades.

I think its amazing what can be done without unions involvement. However i am not so certain about its US passing building standards. (of which have nothing to do with union work)

I also think that what is being shown is only the "skin" of the building.

If the building had concrete floors, i have doubts on its curing time per floor. :eusa_whistle: 6 days in my opinion is not enough.

The Chinese are not the only ones using prefab for ease of building fast. :)

CityCenter Timelapse - Las Vegas Sun

no, this thing hasn´t concrete floors as far as i´ve seen. It´s all steel, sticked together like lego. But, when it works, so what? These thick and massive bolts are solid and the steel bars also. It´s an example of excellent just-in-time planning. The interior is made on the same way, just sticked and screwed together.

Don´t forget how brilliant this system is when you think about the recycling factor. What´s screwed together can also be divided on the same way. And then goes steel to steel, plastics to plastics, wood to wood. I´m really amazed about that.

no, this thing hasn´t concrete floors as far as i´ve seen. It´s all steel, sticked together like lego. But, when it works, so what? These thick and massive bolts are solid and the steel bars also. It´s an example of excellent just-in-time planning. The interior is made on the same way, just sticked and screwed together.

Don´t forget how brilliant this system is when you think about the recycling factor. What´s screwed together can also be divided on the same way. And then goes steel to steel, plastics to plastics, wood to wood. I´m really amazed about that.

Its an erector set. I see its value as well, so long as it has some kind of regulated coding for construction and safety.

I like this idea too. Now this is an eco solution to housing.

Twelve amazing shipping container houses | Yahoo! Green

not trying to knock on anyone. but I man can build this same hotel out of legos, it would look to the eye to be as strong and durable.

I also saw not surveying going on, yes the men where small, but surveying is a huge deal. that steal may be extremely tough, but that would make it weigh more. one side could push more then the other, and the next thing you have is the leaning tower of pisa, and then demolition.

but I must say that this is possible. maybe there is a thousand smarty pants building this, but my only question is what happens if one of those hundred snizzed on the wrong paper and lost data. would you trust this?

Its an erector set. I see its value as well, so long as it has some kind of regulated coding for construction and safety.

I like this idea too. Now this is an eco solution to housing.

Twelve amazing shipping container houses | Yahoo! Green

I have built storage conex's and an office out of shipping containers. They are not as easy to work with as indicated. For one thing, the paint on them is very toxic. You cut the metal, either with an abrasive or torch, you had better have good venilation and a mask.

Then you have to insulate, in a climate with extremes in both direction, both on the outside and inside. They are quick shelter, but then the conversion to workable living space is a time consuming as building from scratch.

Interesting feat but then again, you can do a lot with unlimited slaves, no safety regulations and prefab parts. There certainly was more than six days that were sunk into this. Just the logistical part would be a huge undertaking and the video has nothing on the construction of the prefabs, design or the prep work. The building process was impressive but they showed putting the Legos together, nothing more.

Forum List

Back