How can you tell if your neighbor is on meth?

Nienna

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2005
Ohio
How can you tell? Are they psychotically neat? Do they mow their lawns in January? Do they pressure wash their driveways after--or DURING-- every rainstorm? Do they yell at little eighty-year-old ladies whose poodles lift their legs on the neighbors' mailboxes? Do they get in screaming matches with the man across the street bc the man blew grass clippings onto the road in between their two houses? Do they save muddy handprints on the sides of their barns so they can lie in wait for their neighbors' wives to point out that kids besmirched the barn, and if that darn rain hadn't come along, the wives could see the handprints for themselves?

My husband thinks our nieghbor is running a meth lab (and using). I'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, and maintain that he's just a jerk.

What do you think?

mom4 said:
How can you tell? Are they psychotically neat? Do they mow their lawns in January? Do they pressure wash their driveways after--or DURING-- every rainstorm? Do they yell at little eighty-year-old ladies whose poodles lift their legs on the neighbors' mailboxes? Do they get in screaming matches with the man across the street bc the man blew grass clippings onto the road in between their two houses? Do they save muddy handprints on the sides of their barns so they can lie in wait for their neighbors' wives to point out that kids besmirched the barn, and if that darn rain hadn't come along, the wives could see the handprints for themselves?

My husband thinks our nieghbor is running a meth lab (and using). I'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, and maintain that he's just a jerk.

What do you think?

Does he have a lot of visitors?

The ClayTaurus said:
Does he have a lot of visitors?
No, but we did once see him talking to a few teenage boys under the hood of his 1970s muscle car (which he likes to sit in and revv very loudly without driving it anywhere).

We had the question of where he earned his income, since he doesn't go to work.

Go to a payphone on the other side of town.

Call the anonymous police call-in tip line. DO NOT TELL THEM YOUR NAME.

Tell them your neighbor's address and identify it as a place where people have bought meth.

Kick back with a six pack or a glass of wine and watch the excitement.

If there are no arrests, then you know.

If there is a 4 hour stand off with the police swat team, well, you know then too.

mom4 said:

What do you think?

according to my wife who's starter husband was a meth head.......meth heads smell, are dirty, work their jaw like they are chewing cud....you neighbor is not a meth head but he sounds pretty nuts

Don't forget the flailing arms and "crazy" legs. Sounds my neighbour, his problem is that he's french and mildly retarded as is his. His wife's doctor told her she needed to wear glasses for driving. Now, when she gets in the passanger side of the car, she puts her glasses on. :laugh:

Is this guy married, wife have a job?

Just arrested the idiots in my past life....paranoid was a big issue though!

Some good points above…

Me, I just called the local cops and told the story to the drug guys, but then I was sure of what was happening. The guy was gone in 5 days, poof!

It was a bit different, though, he had people coming and going all the time.
Still, if you think it’s happening give the police a call..Can't hurt.

PS...I don't know if it was meth. But he was dealing something for sure.

Abbey Normal said:
[offtopic] Said, you have 8,000+ posts! Jim- that deserves some sort of award. Btw, is that a record for the board?[ontopic]

I don't think so on both accounts. However, if there was an award for most typos in one post, posted by a fluently english person - I think my last post in this thread would get the ribbon. :)

GotZoom said:
Go to a payphone on the other side of town.
no payphones in our town.

Call the anonymous police call-in tip line. DO NOT TELL THEM YOUR NAME.
No such thing as anonymity in this town. Husband related to half the PD. He either went to high school with any given citizen, or he is related to this person. The mayor is his uncle. Although, my brother-in-law (cop for the Sheriff) has had someone check out their trash.

Tell them your neighbor's address and identify it as a place where people have bought meth.

Kick back with a six pack or a glass of wine and watch the excitement.

If there are no arrests, then you know.

If there is a 4 hour stand off with the police swat team, well, you know then too.
That would be a good show!

Said1 said:
Don't forget the flailing arms and "crazy" legs. Sounds my neighbour, his problem is that he's french and mildly retarded as is his. His wife's doctor told her she needed to wear glasses for driving. Now, when she gets in the passanger side of the car, she puts her glasses on. :laugh:

Is this guy married, wife have a job?
He is married. His wife only very recently got a job at the local Arby's.

I'd say your neighbor was on something. The behaviour matches what the French teacher at my high school was like, and she ran a meth lab.

mom4 said:
trying to open this... what sort of program should I use to open it? (I know, I'm an annoying technology neophyte. Sorry.)
Okay, I got it opened. Good info. If a meth lab causes a mess, like this says, I think it's highly unlikely that he is making it. Maybe using it. I don't know.

Forum List

Back