How can you not be racist?

Of course I'm referring to Iraq. I think religion was used to justify that war...

You're wrong.
Partially
it seems relatively simple to me - simply refuse to throw all people of any group, whether it be race/color/creed/etc into a "one size fits all" set of characteristics.

within virtually any man-made grouping of people, you will undoubtedly find those who run the gamut in terms of economics, character, prejudices, logic, intelligence, etc.

simply refuse to jump on what seems to be, the popular "bandwagon" of assuming all people of any group can be defined as perfectly homogenous.

instead, recognize and accept there are inevitably those who will characterize "the good, the bad, and the ugly" of human behavior within all groups (i.e. these are "human" characteristics that are not bound by such feeble boundaries).

with that knowledge, make a conscious decision to give folks of all "groups" different than your own the benefit of a doubt and judge them by the "content of their character" above all else.
This black lady author was on NPR tonight. She said her father refused to trust any white people. Her mother on the other hand gave everyone the benefit of the doubt.

I bet her dad had much different experiences and not everyone is exactly alike. Some people are more trusting than others. I've been burned a couple times so I just dont trust anyone. Still the other day a black guy pulled the old I dont have enough gas to get home so I gave him $5
The sob story gets me every time. They reach around to pick pocket you as you attempt to hand them 20 dollars...

I actually have no problem sitting down with a homeless person and buying them dinner. I've done it a couple times and it was interesting. I don't try to tell them they are doing things wrong or anything like that I just like talking to them about how there life has been or what they used to do before they were on the street.
I walk out of a restaurant in Detroit and I'm a big guy but really nice but I get high so I could have been staring at the street guy playing the sax. From across the street he stops playing and says the way I was looking at him like he just hit a bad note. I smile and run over and start talking to him like two human beings. But would he cut me in an alley if I had my Rolex on? You'd have to be crazy to trust that guy with anything. Even if he was white I'd say the same thing. But they never are.

You're high right now.
High on life?

You're wrong.
Partially
it seems relatively simple to me - simply refuse to throw all people of any group, whether it be race/color/creed/etc into a "one size fits all" set of characteristics.

within virtually any man-made grouping of people, you will undoubtedly find those who run the gamut in terms of economics, character, prejudices, logic, intelligence, etc.

simply refuse to jump on what seems to be, the popular "bandwagon" of assuming all people of any group can be defined as perfectly homogenous.

instead, recognize and accept there are inevitably those who will characterize "the good, the bad, and the ugly" of human behavior within all groups (i.e. these are "human" characteristics that are not bound by such feeble boundaries).

with that knowledge, make a conscious decision to give folks of all "groups" different than your own the benefit of a doubt and judge them by the "content of their character" above all else.
This black lady author was on NPR tonight. She said her father refused to trust any white people. Her mother on the other hand gave everyone the benefit of the doubt.

I bet her dad had much different experiences and not everyone is exactly alike. Some people are more trusting than others. I've been burned a couple times so I just dont trust anyone. Still the other day a black guy pulled the old I dont have enough gas to get home so I gave him $5
The sob story gets me every time. They reach around to pick pocket you as you attempt to hand them 20 dollars...

I actually have no problem sitting down with a homeless person and buying them dinner. I've done it a couple times and it was interesting. I don't try to tell them they are doing things wrong or anything like that I just like talking to them about how there life has been or what they used to do before they were on the street.
I walk out of a restaurant in Detroit and I'm a big guy but really nice but I get high so I could have been staring at the street guy playing the sax. From across the street he stops playing and says the way I was looking at him like he just hit a bad note. I smile and run over and start talking to him like two human beings. But would he cut me in an alley if I had my Rolex on? You'd have to be crazy to trust that guy with anything. Even if he was white I'd say the same thing. But they never are.

You're high right now.
High on life?
I'm getting my medical marijane card. Legal! The guy who supplies me is a caregiver and he needs more patients so he can grow more so he paid the $225. I'm waiting on my card from the state. I can have 2.5 ounces.

You're wrong.
Partially

You're high right now.
High on life?
You said you like southpark and family guy? They did a flintstone reference where a pelican was the toilet. He says "and you think you have a crappy job?". THEN later meg stormed off and Lois says " must be that time of the month" and they cut to a sheep who says "oh no not again". Lol

Forum List

Back