How can you build virtue in your life?

Ask Jesus.

Then the king will say to those at his right hand, "Come, you that are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you gave me clothing, I was sick and you took care of me, I was in prison and you visited me."

When you give a banquet, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, and the blind. And you will be blessed, because they cannot repay you, for you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous.

Nevermind. You wouldn't understand.

You do understand that, using that Scripture, you are not covered by saying, "But Jesus, I made other people pay more taxes," don't you?

I believe it's a virtue for Americans to help other Americans and leave a strong, safe, successful and caring country to our kids.

I know, I lost you. I can see you scratching your head and wondering what the hell I'm talking about.

don't volunteer others for what YOU think is virtuous. If you want to help others... then YOU do it and be more virtuous.

How many other peoples health care preiumuis are YOU paying for out of your pocket now dean?

not your taxes mind you.... out of your pocket?

I know... lost you with that very simple concept didnt i?

would that fall under coveting or stealing?

Ask Jesus.

Then the king will say to those at his right hand, "Come, you that are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you gave me clothing, I was sick and you took care of me, I was in prison and you visited me."

When you give a banquet, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, and the blind. And you will be blessed, because they cannot repay you, for you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous.

gotcha...

so you covet and will steal from others to get what you covet..... just to make yourself feel virtuous.

[MENTION=23424]syrenn[/MENTION]

That was an absolutely masterful set up! IOU + rep when I can.

Ask Jesus.

You do understand that, using that Scripture, you are not covered by saying, "But Jesus, I made other people pay more taxes," don't you?

I believe it's a virtue for Americans to help other Americans and leave a strong, safe, successful and caring country to our kids.

I know, I lost you. I can see you scratching your head and wondering what the hell I'm talking about.

Jesus preached that all men are neighbors, and that by differentiating between Samaritans and Jews, or, in your terms, foreigners and Americans, we are not following the commands of God. By taking my money, and then giving it to Americans, you are ignoring the roughly 6 billion people in the world that need my help more, and preventing me from fulfilling God's commands.

You can't win a theology debate with Syrenn, you have no chance with me.

Last edited:
I want specific goals. Im brain storming. Just name a goal and what virtue youd be building with that goal.

To answer your question: I think the Freemasons have it sewn up with their compass. Draw a circle around yourself which is the line beyond which you will not go.

I want specific goals. Im brain storming. Just name a goal and what virtue youd be building with that goal.

God is the Creator of everything. Man isn't the creator of anything so sit back and enjoy the ride of life that He gives us to experience, not change it.

Easy:

Specific goal: Identify and correct personal characteristics that you previously exhibited that are decidedly UN-virtuous.

What would you be building with this goal? A virtuous person.

Last edited:

would that fall under coveting or stealing?

Ask Jesus.

I understand but I am not so sure you do, Dean. You see, Jesus was speaking to his servants. Not the communists who have been murdering them since they plagiarized the book of Acts and named themselves after the concept God gave the Believers in Acts 4:32 ( communists comes from communal living - shared property - etc ) The entire idea was stolen from the early christians to be used as a weapon against them. Who are treated more viciously than any other group by the Communists? Christians. Watch this:

It is written:

All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of his possessions were his own, but they shared everything they had. With a great power the apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of Jesus Christ, and much grace was given to them all. - Acts 4: 32

Now let me explain what happened. The Communists whose hearts were filled by Satan -and are of the synagogue of Satan - decided to take this concept and use it against the Believers of Jesus Christ by "forcing them" to give up their lands, their businesses, their properties to them. The difference being while the Apostles lived by faith and lived in poverty the Communists live in a very lavish lifestyle while those under them live in abject poverty as well as being rabid haters of God and all things holy. This is where the entire thing becomes exposed for what it is. A rip off invented by the original counterfeiter, Satan. His children are still marching for him today...

Now if you will examine the early church a little closer you'll find that no one was "forced" to give up their properties, possessions but some rather "chose" to do so...

This is clear from the teaching of Ananias and Sapphira who sold their property to give to the church ( to better their reputation it appears! ) yet held back some of the money but didn't tell anyone. Peter makes it clear that no one forced them to sell that property, it was always in their hand to do whatever they chose to do with it which is not the case for those living under communist rule.

See Acts 5: 1 - 4

Furthermore, Jesus could not possibly be speaking to communists in these scriptures as you are not giving Jesus what you earned from your own hand but rather what you have stolen out of the hands of others and God is not a thief that he should receive stolen goods from anyone.

On the matter of healthcare, why would Jesus need healthcare? He is the great physician and it is written:

By His stripes we are healed. - 1 Peter 2: 24

Oh I don't understand? No, YOU don't understand. You can't "pick and choose" who Jesus was talking about. Remember the cross.

Forum List

Back