How can yall continue to support him?

Buchanan was a dungerhead , no doubt, I mean the idiot vetoed building more colleges cus he thought there were already too many educated people, just as one example. But I don't think you can blame the Civil War on him. And honestly, we have people talking Civil War now, BO has been THAT divisive. Especially odd considering he ran on a platform of bipartisanship, but then once elected tosses that idea right out the window.

Buchanan did shit to prevent the Civil War, that's why he was a horrible president. He thought it was illegal for states to secede, but also thought it was illegal to go to war over it. Essentially, he did nothing but punt it off on his successor, Lincoln.

Barack Obama hasn't done anything worthy of causing a civil war. He's done what he thinks is right, and the polarized political climate today has reacted as it did with Bush and Clinton. Plus, don't pin all the blame on Obama solely, it's not like Republicans in Congress aren't guilt-free either.

Lie after lie after lie from this man, that's what's most disappointing. I could live with him using his power to pass his agenda, that's the spoils of winning, but the dishonest tactics are an embarrassment to the Office of President and to our nation. And I am sickened that so many people support t hat, I'm doubly sickened when the very people who rightly criticized Bush for his deceptions are willing to let Obama slide on his. That is pathetic.

What dishonest tactics, and what lies? I'm personally disappointed Gitmo is still open, and that he's kept parts of Bush's wiretapping policies, but on the whole he's making pretty good headway on what he promised us.

I don't really see him doing anything drastically different than any other president has done.

I didn't say he has done anything worthy of a Civil War, I said we have people talking about it. No I don't blame BO for everything. Congress as a whole is a worthless collection of dirt bags, that doesn't excuse Obama though.

I never said you did, but you did mention that people were talking of it, and I asked just what he did was worthy of igniting such talk.

What dishonest tactics? Are you serious? Must we rehash the whole Conrhusker kickback and other issues, or can you just admit that yes, he is the atypical Chicago politician?

Links will be much appreciated to any dishonest tactics you wish to bring to my attention.

What lies? Where to start...

no more ear marks
end no bid contracts
allow five days of public comments before signing bills
televised debates on healthcare reform
no family making less than $250K will see ANY form of tax increases
close gitmo
out of iraq
bipartisanship
Racial equality

UGH the list could stretch on for decades. Don't be one of those losers who won't admit that BO has lied plenty.

No more than anyone else who made promises on the campaign trail to get elected, so I don't see why he's so special to enjoy a moniker like "worst president ever" as you said so in the OP. To be fair, he's delivered on a lot more promises than he's broken, which is to be expected seeing as he made hundreds of promises.

To also be fair, there are plans to get out of Iraq, and I believe we have a withdrawal time table. I'm also not entirely sure what you mean by 'racial equality.' Was there not racial equality in government before the arrival of the current President? Or in the executive offices? How has he broken this? As has been said, bipartisanship is a bit of a two-way street, and Republicans aren't exactly promoting it either. Didn't we have a thread about gridlock last week?

Also, how do you mean about earmarks? Isn't that usually something that Congress does and includes in bills?

You don't see him doing anything different than any other President? Hmm how odd, because he ran on a campaign of in fact being different than any other President.

I thought he was supposed to be different than Bush, not every other president we had. But I could be wrong, I don't tend to listen to the vague rhetoric on the campaign trail and then hold that up as their only and best promises.

Seriously, this guy is the worst President EVER

He hasn't done ANYTHING right since taking over

I won't bother to rehash all his gaffes and fuck ups, there's no need, but Jesus Christ, it's not as if he's just having a few things go wrong, An honest person would have to conclude that he he has fucked up every single thing he has put his hands on.

He can't lead. He just doesn't have it it him. If yall really cared about your causes you would want better leadership.

For real, any of you still feel that he is the right man for the job , please tell us why; because frankly I think the only people who continue to support him do so for one reason, skin color.

Well he has tried to deliver on his promise to fundamentally transform america

1) We shun our allies england and israel...transformation
2) Government gets to control health care instead of individuals....transformation
3) Government gets to have a say in how some car companies are run....transformation
4) Government gives tax money to big wig corporate interests under the guise of stimulus spending...transformation
5) Government doesn't suspend the Jones act in order to get help cleaning up the worst oil spill ever even though several years earlier it was willing to suspend the Jones act to get help for Katrina victims.....transformation

I could go on but you get my point.

It gives me hope that none of you tried to challenge my list. :)

Buchanan did shit to prevent the Civil War, that's why he was a horrible president. He thought it was illegal for states to secede, but also thought it was illegal to go to war over it. Essentially, he did nothing but punt it off on his successor, Lincoln.

Barack Obama hasn't done anything worthy of causing a civil war. He's done what he thinks is right, and the polarized political climate today has reacted as it did with Bush and Clinton. Plus, don't pin all the blame on Obama solely, it's not like Republicans in Congress aren't guilt-free either.

What dishonest tactics, and what lies? I'm personally disappointed Gitmo is still open, and that he's kept parts of Bush's wiretapping policies, but on the whole he's making pretty good headway on what he promised us.

I don't really see him doing anything drastically different than any other president has done.

I didn't say he has done anything worthy of a Civil War, I said we have people talking about it. No I don't blame BO for everything. Congress as a whole is a worthless collection of dirt bags, that doesn't excuse Obama though.

I never said you did, but you did mention that people were talking of it, and I asked just what he did was worthy of igniting such talk.

Links will be much appreciated to any dishonest tactics you wish to bring to my attention.

What lies? Where to start...

no more ear marks
end no bid contracts
allow five days of public comments before signing bills
televised debates on healthcare reform
no family making less than $250K will see ANY form of tax increases
close gitmo
out of iraq
bipartisanship
Racial equality

UGH the list could stretch on for decades. Don't be one of those losers who won't admit that BO has lied plenty.

No more than anyone else who made promises on the campaign trail to get elected, so I don't see why he's so special to enjoy a moniker like "worst president ever" as you said so in the OP. To be fair, he's delivered on a lot more promises than he's broken, which is to be expected seeing as he made hundreds of promises..

Again, he promised to change the way DC did business. he did not. Yes, he kept some promises, others were lip service and nothing more.
To also be fair, there are plans to get out of Iraq, and I believe we have a withdrawal time table..

Yes, but he promised to be out within a year
I'm also not entirely sure what you mean by 'racial equality.' Was there not racial equality in government before the arrival of the current President? Or in the executive offices? How has he broken this?.
No surprise I guess that you don't feel that black on white racism is wrong. Case in point the Black Panther jerk offs , a case Obama hasn't even uttered a word about, but he made sure to hold a press conference when a white cop was supposedly racist. That's wrong, no matter how you slice it
As has been said, bipartisanship is a bit of a two-way street, and Republicans aren't exactly promoting it either. Didn't we have a thread about gridlock last week?

How is it gridlock when the Dems have had a super majority? No, he just wanted such crazy shit that he couldn't even convince his own party to go along. He gave LIP SERVICE to the Rep. And not that I care what a has been thinks, but fostering an atmosphere where people feel comfortable making fun of an ex President inside the White House , t he man should be ashamed.
Also, how do you mean about earmarks? Isn't that usually something that Congress does and includes in bills?.

Indeed it is, but he made a campaign pledge to veto any bill which contained earmarks. Yeah right

You don't see him doing anything different than any other President? Hmm how odd, because he ran on a campaign of in fact being different than any other President.
I thought he was supposed to be different than Bush, not every other president we had. But I could be wrong, I don't tend to listen to the vague rhetoric on the campaign trail and then hold that up as their only and best promises.

He didn't campaign on being different than Bush, he campaigned on a change from the way Washington has operated. Also, if you didn't listen to the campaign rhetoric what did you base your vote on?

The GOP is willing to see the country go to hell so that they can win.

And the Dems are willing to destroy everything that made our country unique, thriving, and successful in order to retain and expand the power of the government.

Sounds like its time to kick em all out to me.

In other words? They loathe American Exceptionalism.

They can't keep up with it...therefore they must destroy it by whatever means.

They want to pull the rest of us down to their unacceptable level.

No more than anyone else who made promises on the campaign trail to get elected, so I don't see why he's so special to enjoy a moniker like "worst president ever" as you said so in the OP. To be fair, he's delivered on a lot more promises than he's broken, which is to be expected seeing as he made hundreds of promises..

Again, he promised to change the way DC did business. he did not. Yes, he kept some promises, others were lip service and nothing more.

By this site's count, he's broken 19, and kept 119, with many others compromised upon.

To be fair, did he ever really say how to change the way it did business? Lay down some solid ideas on how to go about it? Because it sounds vague, and good to the press, and upon actual thought of what it means he alone doesn't have the power to change how the way things are done, because that would require getting everyone in elected office to think the same way, which in itself would require throwing everyone in politics at the moment out. Anyone in at the moment has no reason to change the way they do things, since they're more than likely fine with it.

Yes, but he promised to be out within a year

Well, begin troop withdrawal within 16 months, technically. The point is rather moot anyway, and it's a bit odd of your to suggest this as evidence for him lying when we are indeed getting out of Iraq.

No surprise I guess that you don't feel that black on white racism is wrong. Case in point the Black Panther jerk offs , a case Obama hasn't even uttered a word about, but he made sure to hold a press conference when a white cop was supposedly racist. That's wrong, no matter how you slice it

The chaps outside the voting booths you mean? This is a bit weird for you to call him on racism about this for a couple reasons. The Gates controversy made national headline news, and created a stir for weeks. It was also less of a clear cut matter. The Department of Justice did go after the Black Panthers for it, but dropped it for reasons unknown. Holder may not have even been involved in the case, so I don't see how exactly this makes Obama racist, unless he's the new head of racism police and must go over each case.

How is it gridlock when the Dems have had a super majority? No, he just wanted such crazy shit that he couldn't even convince his own party to go along. He gave LIP SERVICE to the Rep. And not that I care what a has been thinks, but fostering an atmosphere where people feel comfortable making fun of an ex President inside the White House , t he man should be ashamed.

And Cheney criticized the current administration last year, which was rather unbecoming of him. And are you suggesting that previous presidents never made jokes about their precedesscors? Because everyone still loves to make jokes about Clinton, and his big scandal was twelve years ago at the very least.

But the Democrats never had the super majority in Congress, they have majorities in both parts, but not enough for the Republicans to not be able to obstruct.

Indeed it is, but he made a campaign pledge to veto any bill which contained earmarks. Yeah right

Fair enough, although I believe the actual promise was lowering them. He has indeed broken that one, but again, this hardly renders him close to 'worst president ever.'

He didn't campaign on being different than Bush, he campaigned on a change from the way Washington has operated. Also, if you didn't listen to the campaign rhetoric what did you base your vote on?

You know, the concrete things he promised, not the 'hope' and 'change' chants that gets the crowd going.

But see my above response earlier in this post for the change in Washington thing. It's vague, and ill-defined on what he meant and again, is really more than anything pep rally talk. Unless he provided some concrete ideas on how to change Washington's operation.

On the whole, I still don't see how he's the worst president ever. Methinks some people on USMB like to exaggerate about him. Obama's done some things I'm not happy with, but he's certainly not the worst. Especially considering we're what, only eighteen months or so into his term?

Last edited:
Seriously, this guy is the worst President EVER

He hasn't done ANYTHING right since taking over

I won't bother to rehash all his gaffes and fuck ups, there's no need, but Jesus Christ, it's not as if he's just having a few things go wrong, An honest person would have to conclude that he he has fucked up every single thing he has put his hands on.

He can't lead. He just doesn't have it it him. If yall really cared about your causes you would want better leadership.

For real, any of you still feel that he is the right man for the job , please tell us why; because frankly I think the only people who continue to support him do so for one reason, skin color.

Yeah...he vowed to 'Fundamentally change' this nation...

And he is well on his way...Take over of banks, forcing people (in defiance of the Constitution) to purchase something they may not necessarily want or need...Take over of two major Car Companies that used to be institutions that should have failed (if it weren't for the payback motive toward of his Union pals)...Eyeing private savings (401K's) to save Failed union ones...Telling execs what they can and can't earn...threats to take over the Internet...Talk Radio...Targeting Private citizens of the same industry...and a myriad of other Unconstitutional actions...Letting an oil spill get to crisis proportions before he pays it merely lipservice...Failure to lift the Jones Act (another payback to his union pals)...

And so many other actions that demand investigations...and Impeachment...

These people support him because they really are DBR...or kindred spirits.

There is no grey area here...This man is a clear and present danger to the survival of this Republic...He and his willing Statist accomplices in the Media...and the Congress...that are about to join the ranks of the unemployed very soon.

Make it count people. Obama is NO friend to this nation.

Last edited:
Hey guys, am I the only one who finds it hilarious the people who bought Obama's 'hope and change' and all that nice pep talk the most are the conservative-leaning people?

Hey guys, am I the only one who finds it hilarious the people who bought Obama's 'hope and change' and all that nice pep talk the most are the conservative-leaning people?

Really? Stats I've seen are independents that were fed up with Bush, and loathed McCain and the Repubicans.

Fed up with Bush = me, loath McCain? No, but I did feel he was but a pale image of himself. Fed up with Republicans AND Democrats for the last 14 years

Really? Stats I've seen are independents that were fed up with Bush, and loathed McCain and the Repubicans.

Fed up with Bush = me, loath McCain? No, but I did feel he was but a pale image of himself. Fed up with Republicans AND Democrats for the last 14 years

Some that voted for McCain I know had to hold their collective noses...a Repubican? YES. True Conservative? NO. McCain has this propensity to hitch a ride on the Conservative bandwagon only when the political winds showed him that's where he should be...

I belive he will lose his seat. I think Hayworth will take it from him. McCain needs to retire IMHO.

Some that voted for McCain I know had to hold their collective noses...a Repubican? YES. True Conservative? NO. McCain has this propensity to hitch a ride on the Conservative bandwagon only when the political winds showed him that's where he should be...

I belive he will lose his seat. I think Hayworth will take it from him. McCain needs to retire IMHO.

I think I agree with you . Thank you for your service John, now go home.

I think I agree with you . Thank you for your service John, now go home.

Exactly. His military service is beyond reproach. As a VET? He gave more in his time in the Hanoi Hilton than most seeing his DAD was in the Congress...and he refused to leave his compatriots...Well done. His Record in the Congress...spotty.

Time to get out of the rat race and enjoy what he fought for in my view. Sorry Senator McCain. Curtain call...

And he is well on his way...Take over of banks, forcing people (in defiance of the Constitution) to purchase something they may not necessarily want or need...Take over of two major Car Companies that used to be institutions that should have failed (if it weren't for the payback motive toward of his Union pals)...Eyeing private savings (401K's) to save Failed union ones...Telling execs what they can and can't earn...threats to take over the Internet...Talk Radio...Targeting Private citizens of the same industry...and a myriad of other Unconstitutional actions...Letting an oil spill get to crisis proportions before he pays it merely lipservice...Failure to lift the Jones Act (another payback to his union pals)...

There is no grey area here...This man is a clear and present danger to the survival of this Republic...He and his willing Statist accomplices in the Media...and the Congress...that are about to join the ranks of the unemployed very soon.

Having read a few of your posts over the past couple of months, one thing I am positive on: you are no friend of liberty or freedom....

I've asked the same question over and over and over again, Michael Steele is just plain bad. But maybe when looked at through the perspective of the Cheney / Bush failure, he seems OK. Really though, did anyone answer why he is still supported? I realize he kowtowed to the Leader Rush, but still his afghan statement was ludicrous. Thoughts?

Or could it be as Jesse Prinz writes, "Evidence from brain imaging, social psychology, and psychopathology suggest that, when we judge something to be right or wrong, we are merely expressing our emotions." And since conservatives pretty much stand still, emotion has to guide them as reality sure doesn't.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/dp/0199571546/ref=pe_606_16222750_pe_ar_d3]Amazon.com: The Emotional Construction of Morals (9780199571543): Jesse Prinz: Books[/ame]

"...the exact same experience can mean two totally different things to two different people, given those people's two different belief templates and two different ways of constructing meaning from experience. Because we prize tolerance and diversity of belief, nowhere in our liberal arts analysis do we want to claim that one guy's interpretation is true and the other guy's is false or bad. Which is fine, except we also never end up talking about just where these individual templates and beliefs come from. Meaning, where they come from INSIDE the two guys. As if a person's most basic orientation toward the world, and the meaning of his experience were somehow just hard-wired, like height or shoe-size; or automatically absorbed from the culture, like language. As if how we construct meaning were not actually a matter of personal, intentional choice. Plus, there's the whole matter of arrogance..." David Foster Wallace

Having read a few of your posts over the past couple of months, one thing I am positive on: you are no friend of liberty or freedom....

Remedial reading on your part is the order of the day.

You are obviously challanged.

Remedial reading on your part is the order of the day.

You are obviously challanged.

I can only go by what you post...your posts are are remedial....

Nevermind whatever FAILED core beliefs that you cling to? :lol:

Nice try to project upon ME...

GadsdenFlag.gif

Got it Ace?

Forum List

Back