How can UE drop that dramatically with only 144000 jobs created?

The ONLY thing that I can think of that sort of makes sense is that there are 10,000 boomers a day, turning 65 years old this year....A DAY!

So, maybe with the economy being in the crapper and fears on whether social Security will be there in the long term, these people have decided to move themselves out of the work force and put themselves in to retirement.

Many are on welfare and using the barter system to survive the daily cost of living., Many people I know that are retired have found themselves looking for jobs that teens used to take on. That is very sad

The BLS reported that while only 114,000 jobs were created in September--which would have translated into a rise in unemployment from 8.1% to 8.2%--the unemployment rate fell dramatically to 7.8%.

Isn't that amazing?

One reason for the rise was an upward revision of 86,000 to the July and August jobs numbers--all of which came from a 91,000 increase in the estimate of public sector jobs. Private sector job estimates were actually revised downward by 5,000.

In addition, the BLS reported a large rise in the number of part-time jobs, adding 600,000 jobs to the total--a dramatic increase of 7.5%, not explained by any other economic indicators--and raising questions about whether the government had changed the way it counted part-time workers.

Fact Check: Suspicion Falls on Labor Secretary Solis as She Misleads on Jobs Revisions

This is obvious fraud.

Even ABC was reporting a rise to 8.2% based on the numbers, early this morning.

Honest question here.

We had months with double that and it barely budged.

Please explain.

It's not possible.

This is open fraud.

Any government that has no trouble telling companies to break the law and the government will shift the costs of that lawbreaking to the taxpayers won't blink at this kind of fraud.

The question is, how many people will believe it? Hard left democrats will believe it, but will this kind of lie just disgust the majority who can see differently.

Drudge is reporting that the two leading economists at the bls are huge Obama donors.

No, Drudge is reporting that 2 economists at BLS are Obama donors - not "leading economists", nor "huge" donors.

BLS employs hundreds of economists.

So outta hundreds of economists employed by BLS only two are Obama supporters? Sounds like we're missing some facts and details.

Drudge is reporting that the two leading economists at the bls are huge Obama donors.

No, Drudge is reporting that 2 economists at BLS are Obama donors - not "leading economists", nor "huge" donors.

That may be true. I haven't read their story. Just relaying what I heard at work passing by the customers tv

However you define the employees at BLS, they are ALL federal employees. They work for the government, they have an interest in seeing those that support a large federal bureaucracy in power. Unless of course BLS employees are benevolent angels..:eusa_eh:

And yet stupid people will vote for Obama and Mitt. It's hard to get anything done when the majority of the voters in the US only care about "their side" winning, at any cost.

What's the point of voting for someone who can't possibly win?

If there's one thing I do care about, that's making sure Obama loses. How is voting Libertarian going to achieve that?

Keep in mind that I am a libertarian. I used to hold the position that you are advocating here.

Honest question here.

We had months with double that and it barely budged.

Please explain.

Understandable. Not many Village Idiots can do the math.

Idiot? YOU'RE calling someone an idiot?!

You demonstrated your own idiocy just yesterday when you stated "JIM LEHRER THE BIG LOSER IN THE DEBATE...He obvious showed favoritism toward Romney gave him 25% more speaking time than the gave Obama", which we all showed you was an outright falsehood.

Your hypocrisy is overwhelming.

Do you think everyone at the BLS is an economist?

Do you think the qualifications of an "economist" consist of passing the civil service exam?

There are no Republican economists working for the government. That is as inconceivable as a liberal who defends the First Amendment.

Forum List

Back