How can there ever be peace here?

JStone, wtf? Is this supposed to be proof of the veracity of the bible? Because somewhere else, I actually read a post of yours that made sense that wasn't a copy&paste drivel, you should keep that up, this shit is pointless.

You're allowed to be dumb. It's the only thing you're good at :clap2:

Hebrew Bible, 2 Kings 3
Now, Mesha king of Moab, was a sheep breeder who used to pay the king of Israel one hundred thousand lambs and the wool of one hundred thousand rams. But when Ahab died, the king of Moab rebelled against the king of Israel

Louve, Paris: The Mesha Stele [ca. 830 BCE]
The stele of King Mesha constitutes one of the most important direct accounts of the history of the world that is related in the Bible. The inscription pays tribute to the sovereign, celebrating his great building works and victories over the kingdom of Israel during the reign of Ahab, son of Omri. The mention of "Israel" is its earliest known written occurence.
The Mesha Stele | Louvre Museum | Paris

Mesha Stele Inscription...
I am Mesha, son of Chemosh, the king of Moab. My father reigned over Moab for thirty years, and I reigned after my father. And I made this high-place for Chemosh [national god] in Qarcho.because he has delivered me from all kings, and because he has made me triumph over all my enemies.

Omri was the king of Israel, and he humbled Moab for many years. And the king of Israel had built Yahaz, and he stayed there throughout his campaign against me; and Chemosh drove him away before my face.

Harvard University Semitic Museum: The Mesha Stele--Israel
Mesha ruled Moab, east of the Dead Sea, during the ninth century BCE. Mesha recounts his principal achievements as king. The most important of these was his recovery from Israel of Moabite lands north of the Arnon River.

There is also a measure of bombast: Mesha proclaims that "Israel perished utterly forever," which certainly was not the case, though in one town alone he says he slaughtered seven thousand Israelite "men, boys, women, girls and concubines" in devotion to Ashtar-Chemosh.

Omri, king of Israel, who ruled a generation before Mesha, is mentioned several times. The earliest known reference to Yahweh [Hebrew God] in a Semitic inscription is also to be found here. At the extant bottom of the stela, Mesha describes an encounter with the House of David, that is, Judah. Although the passage is badly broken, it is clear that Mesha takes credit for a victory over the House of David in the territory south of the Arnon. The words representing king of Israel, Yahweh and House of [Da]vid are highlighted at the top, middle and bottom of the stela respectively.

Mesha of Moab § Semitic Museum

Ok, I didn't understand your post the first time and ask you to explain and you just repost the same thing? Oh well, I tried.

Like wtf does this mean? And what is your point with this?

"Now, Mesha king of Moab, was a sheep breeder who used to pay the king of Israel one hundred thousand lambs and the wool of one hundred thousand rams. But when Ahab died, the king of Moab rebelled against the king of Israel"

Ok Ima, lets try this to dumb it down even more for you to understand. The Bible is a book of fairy tales, first written by Jews & then by Christians. Therefore, the Bible is not relevant to ANYTHING. So what has changed now that we learned this?

JStone, wtf? Is this supposed to be proof of the veracity of the bible? Because somewhere else, I actually read a post of yours that made sense that wasn't a copy&paste drivel, you should keep that up, this shit is pointless.

You're allowed to be dumb. It's the only thing you're good at :clap2:

Hebrew Bible, 2 Kings 3
Now, Mesha king of Moab, was a sheep breeder who used to pay the king of Israel one hundred thousand lambs and the wool of one hundred thousand rams. But when Ahab died, the king of Moab rebelled against the king of Israel

Louve, Paris: The Mesha Stele [ca. 830 BCE]

Mesha Stele Inscription...
I am Mesha, son of Chemosh, the king of Moab. My father reigned over Moab for thirty years, and I reigned after my father. And I made this high-place for Chemosh [national god] in Qarcho.because he has delivered me from all kings, and because he has made me triumph over all my enemies.

Omri was the king of Israel, and he humbled Moab for many years. And the king of Israel had built Yahaz, and he stayed there throughout his campaign against me; and Chemosh drove him away before my face.

Harvard University Semitic Museum: The Mesha Stele--Israel
Mesha ruled Moab, east of the Dead Sea, during the ninth century BCE. Mesha recounts his principal achievements as king. The most important of these was his recovery from Israel of Moabite lands north of the Arnon River.

There is also a measure of bombast: Mesha proclaims that "Israel perished utterly forever," which certainly was not the case, though in one town alone he says he slaughtered seven thousand Israelite "men, boys, women, girls and concubines" in devotion to Ashtar-Chemosh.

Omri, king of Israel, who ruled a generation before Mesha, is mentioned several times. The earliest known reference to Yahweh [Hebrew God] in a Semitic inscription is also to be found here. At the extant bottom of the stela, Mesha describes an encounter with the House of David, that is, Judah. Although the passage is badly broken, it is clear that Mesha takes credit for a victory over the House of David in the territory south of the Arnon. The words representing king of Israel, Yahweh and House of [Da]vid are highlighted at the top, middle and bottom of the stela respectively.

Mesha of Moab § Semitic Museum

So MJB, why were you riding me for saying that if you agree?
because you're:cuckoo:

Because you make no sense at all. So tell us which life form is lower? Palestinians who kill even their own kind? Or roaches that don't? Oh, & you won't need to reference the Bible to answer the question. Get it yet?

Because you make no sense at all. So tell us which life form is lower? Palestinians who kill even their own kind? Or roaches that don't? Oh, & you won't need to reference the Bible to answer the question. Get it yet?

Well, to be fair, they do know how to keep their disobedient wives in line :clap2:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efktSi0MiIY]Palestinian cleric: How to gently beat your wife - YouTube[/ame]

Last year, 10,000 Americans were killed by other Americans with guns. In the US. And Israelis have been known to kill stone throwers, among others. So what's your point again?:D

Israelis have been known to kill stone throwers, among others. So what's your point again?:D

The point I make is that it's not all that smart to bring rocks to a gun fight. You can piss of the guys with guns and yes, rocks hurt. Rubber bullets can kill and so can water cannons.

But they still come and throw rocks and take pictures of the results. D'oh...

Israelis have been known to kill stone throwers, among others. So what's your point again?:D

The point I make is that it's not all that smart to bring rocks to a gun fight. You can piss of the guys with guns and yes, rocks hurt. Rubber bullets can kill and so can water cannons.

Most civilized countries use tear gas on stone throwers/protesters, or the riot police go and rough them up a little. Why do they shoot them? it's only rocks and kids, sheesh.

Most civilized countries use tear gas on stone throwers/protesters, or the riot police go and rough them up a little. Why do they shoot them? it's only rocks and kids, sheesh.
IMA DUNCE

My message to the loathed Jews is that there is no god but allah, we will chase you everywhere We are a nation that drinks blood, and we know that there is no better blood than the blood of the Jews. We will not leave you alone until we have quenched our thirst with your blood, and our children's thirst with your blood, we will not rest until you leave the Muslim countries.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rleFpY402vM]Palestinian - Terrorism - YouTube[/ame]

Ropey makes good sense. You don't attack an enemy with rocks or AK 47's who can wipe you & your people off the face of the earth.

MJ, if I've told you once....

The ME is not America or even Western in its Theology...This War will never end in the defeat of Islam...military power is useless against ideas and beliefs, especially Religion...

You a Jew, despite all the hate and holocausts have kept your idenity with pride. Israel or the West will never cower Islam...in fact it is the largest religion and growing.

The way to peace is through the Palestinians...1.Share Jerusalem...2.renogotiate the 67 borders with land swaps....3. Trade with the Nation of Palestine and help make it prosperous.

Gain acceptance to the neighborhood, and make peace with the Arab League as they offered in 2002. Anything else is a repeat of history.

Israel's greatest mistake was to share Jerusalem with the Palestinians to begin with & now to make peace offerings to them, build a security fence & concede land to them so they can stay in Israel. No wonder Israel is in an endless conflict with Palestinians. Face it Pbel, no surrounding Arab country, who know the Palestinians best, ever made Israel's mistakes in dealing with them. Shame on Israel. This entire Zionist agenda has to go. LET THERE BE PEACE ALREADY!

The ME is not America or even Western in its Theology...This War will never end in the defeat of Islam...military power is useless against ideas and beliefs, especially Religion...

You a Jew, despite all the hate and holocausts have kept your idenity with pride. Israel or the West will never cower Islam...in fact it is the largest religion and growing.

The way to peace is through the Palestinians...1.Share Jerusalem...2.renogotiate the 67 borders with land swaps....3. Trade with the Nation of Palestine and help make it prosperous.

Gain acceptance to the neighborhood, and make peace with the Arab League as they offered in 2002. Anything else is a repeat of history.

Islam is doomed. Muslimes are the cockroaches of humanity--Many of them but useless.

The Economist Magazine: Arab World Self-Doomed To Failure
WHAT went wrong with the Arab world? Why is it so stuck behind the times? It is not an obviously unlucky region. Fatly endowed with oil, and with its people sharing a rich cultural, religious and linguistic heritage, it is faced neither with endemic poverty nor with ethnic conflict. But, with barely an exception, its autocratic rulers, whether presidents or kings, give up their authority only when they die; its elections are a sick joke; half its people are treated as lesser legal and economic beings, and more than half its young, burdened by joblessness and stifled by conservative religious tradition, are said to want to get out of the place as soon as they can.

One in five Arabs still live on less than $2 a day. And, over the past 20 years, growth in income per head, at an annual rate of 0.5%, was lower than anywhere else in the world except sub-Saharan Africa. At this rate, it will take the average Arab 140 years to double his income, a target that some regions are set to reach in less than ten years. Stagnant growth, together with a fast-rising population, means vanishing jobs. Around 12m people, or 15% of the labour force, are already unemployed, and on present trends the number could rise to 25m by 2010.

Freedom. This deficit explains many of the fundamental things that are wrong with the Arab world: the survival of absolute autocracies; the holding of bogus elections; confusion between the executive and the judiciary (the report points out the close linguistic link between the two in Arabic); constraints on the media and on civil society; and a patriarchal, intolerant, sometimes suffocating social environment. The great wave of democratisation that has opened up so much of the world over the past 15 years seems to have left the Arabs untouched. Democracy is occasionally offered, but as a concession, not as a right. Freedom of expression and freedom of association are both sharply limited. Freedom House, an American-based monitor of political and civil rights, records that no Arab country has genuinely free media, and only three have “partly free”. The rest are not free

Knowledge. “If God were to humiliate a human being,” wrote Imam Ali bin abi Taleb in the sixth century, “He would deny him knowledge.” Although the Arabs spend a higher percentage of GDP on education than any other developing region, it is not, it seems, well spent. The quality of education has deteriorated pitifully, and there is a severe mismatch between the labour market and the education system. Adult illiteracy rates have declined but are still very high: 65m adults are illiterate, almost two-thirds of them women. Some 10m children still have no schooling at all. One of the gravest results of their poor education is that the Arabs, who once led the world in science, are dropping ever further behind in scientific research and in information technology. Investment in research and development is less than one-seventh of the world average. Only 0.6% of the population uses the Internet, and 1.2% have personal computers.

Women's status. The one thing that every outsider knows about the Arab world is that it does not treat its women as full citizens. How can a society prosper when it stifles half its productive potential? After all, even though women's literacy rates have trebled in the past 30 years, one in every two Arab women still can neither read nor write. Their participation in their countries' political and economic life is the lowest in the world.

Arab development: Self-doomed to failure | The Economist

Islam is doomed. Muslimes are the cockroaches of humanity--Many of them but useless.

WHAT went wrong with the Arab world? Why is it so stuck behind the times? It is not an obviously unlucky region. Fatly endowed with oil, and with its people sharing a rich cultural, religious and linguistic heritage, it is faced neither with endemic poverty nor with ethnic conflict. But, with barely an exception, its autocratic rulers, whether presidents or kings, give up their authority only when they die; its elections are a sick joke; half its people are treated as lesser legal and economic beings, and more than half its young, burdened by joblessness and stifled by conservative religious tradition, are said to want to get out of the place as soon as they can.

One in five Arabs still live on less than $2 a day. And, over the past 20 years, growth in income per head, at an annual rate of 0.5%, was lower than anywhere else in the world except sub-Saharan Africa. At this rate, it will take the average Arab 140 years to double his income, a target that some regions are set to reach in less than ten years. Stagnant growth, together with a fast-rising population, means vanishing jobs. Around 12m people, or 15% of the labour force, are already unemployed, and on present trends the number could rise to 25m by 2010.

Freedom. This deficit explains many of the fundamental things that are wrong with the Arab world: the survival of absolute autocracies; the holding of bogus elections; confusion between the executive and the judiciary (the report points out the close linguistic link between the two in Arabic); constraints on the media and on civil society; and a patriarchal, intolerant, sometimes suffocating social environment. The great wave of democratisation that has opened up so much of the world over the past 15 years seems to have left the Arabs untouched. Democracy is occasionally offered, but as a concession, not as a right. Freedom of expression and freedom of association are both sharply limited. Freedom House, an American-based monitor of political and civil rights, records that no Arab country has genuinely free media, and only three have “partly free”. The rest are not free

Knowledge. “If God were to humiliate a human being,” wrote Imam Ali bin abi Taleb in the sixth century, “He would deny him knowledge.” Although the Arabs spend a higher percentage of GDP on education than any other developing region, it is not, it seems, well spent. The quality of education has deteriorated pitifully, and there is a severe mismatch between the labour market and the education system. Adult illiteracy rates have declined but are still very high: 65m adults are illiterate, almost two-thirds of them women. Some 10m children still have no schooling at all. One of the gravest results of their poor education is that the Arabs, who once led the world in science, are dropping ever further behind in scientific research and in information technology. Investment in research and development is less than one-seventh of the world average. Only 0.6% of the population uses the Internet, and 1.2% have personal computers.

Women's status. The one thing that every outsider knows about the Arab world is that it does not treat its women as full citizens. How can a society prosper when it stifles half its productive potential? After all, even though women's literacy rates have trebled in the past 30 years, one in every two Arab women still can neither read nor write. Their participation in their countries' political and economic life is the lowest in the world.

The Economist would be correct unless something fundamenthal changed: To wit the Arab Spring is a result of Arab Dictators and Kings who collude with the West and Israel to keep the masses down.

The begining. Give it 50 years, their economies will awaken like China who was just as backward economically only 50 years ago.

The Economist would be correct unless something fundamenthal changed: To wit the Arab Spring is a result of Arab Dictators and Kings who collude with the West and Israel to keep the masses down.

The begining. Give it 50 years, their economies will awaken like China who was just as backward economically only 50 years ago.

Oil is the only thing keeping the Arab Muslime worlds afloat and its a natural resource stolen from the ground, it's not manufactured because they make nothing with global value. They invent nothing. They have no value to the world. Eventually, the muslime will be the insect of the human race, although, insects do have some value

Ropey makes good sense. You don't attack an enemy with rocks or AK 47's who can wipe you & your people off the face of the earth.

C'mon, sheesh, you're actually defending a military that shoots rock throwing teenagers? You guys would have a tad of credibility if you wouldn't blindly support ANYTHING Israel does. Like, I'm no sand monkey lover, but shooting their kids for throwing rocks? Sorry, you get no macho points for that, just a wet noodle award.

C'mon, sheesh, you're actually defending a military that shoots rock throwing teenagers? You guys would have a tad of credibility if you wouldn't blindly support ANYTHING Israel does. Like, I'm no sand monkey lover, but shooting their kids for throwing rocks? Sorry, you get no macho points for that, just a wet noodle award.
For your information,sport, every one of those "pebble" tosing SOBs are 5th degree Black Belt brick throwers. Any MLB teams would love to sign any of them to a contract. Potential 40 game winners all. As for shooting them, they should know not to bring a rock to a gun fight. Remember what Clint Eastwood said after shooting the unarmed bartender in The Unforgiven....."He should have armed himself."

Barack Obama...
The slaughter of innocent Israelis is not resistance -- it's injustice.

Let's be honest: Israel is surrounded by neighbors that have waged repeated wars against it. Israel's citizens have been killed by rockets fired at their houses and suicide bombs on their buses. Israel's children come of age knowing that throughout the region, other children are taught to hate them. Israel, a small country of less than eight million people, looks out at a world where leaders of much larger nations threaten to wipe it off of the map.
These facts cannot be denied. Remarks by President Obama in Address to the United Nations General Assembly | The White House

My message to the loathed Jews is that there is no god but allah, we will chase you everywhere We are a nation that drinks blood, and we know that there is no better blood than the blood of the Jews. We will not leave you alone until we have quenched our thirst with your blood, and our children's thirst with your blood, we will not rest until you leave the Muslim countries.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rleFpY402vM]Palestinian - Terrorism - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back