how can the world’s richest country let children go hungry?

actually its an embarrassment of riches. Most of them are double dippers using the food stamp program first and then the food bank.
In fact, in modern America, far more poor people suffer from too much food rather than too little.

The way to avoid the moral hazard in food stamps, save money, and improve health, is to limit their use to very basic, very cheap, very nutritious foods.

Agreed. My Wife runs the Food Pantry at our Church. It's a once a Week thing, and moves allot of food from various sources. They are real limited on sweets. They do a great job on Nutritional Foods.

can you comment on the conflict between food stanps and the food banks?? We are told everyone who is hungry can get food stamps?

I know two people who get food stamps, and go to food banks. One of those people goes to 4 different food banks each month....And he is only feeding himself.....

I don't see any conflict. They are unrelated. Maybe not everyone can get Food Stamps, like if you are here Illegally, at least in some cases. Dependent kids are a factor there, too. There are many Government Programs and Private Sources contributing to Food Banks and Pantries. Costco is a big contributor to Ours. There are City, State, and Federal resources too.
We actually have a Large Immigrant Chinese number using ours, maybe close to 50% of the whole. It serves mainly Families, once a week, who are signed up. The Pantry moves allot of food.

I didn't say there was conflict. It's a good thing, the guy gets just over $600 a month on SSI, He has no short term memory. Remembers 10 years ago like it was last night but don't ask him about yesterday....... He lives in an Apartment which he pays $180 a month ran by Volunteers of America. And he gets by fairly well. He's not going to starve or be homeless, he has a TV, basic cable, a telephone, and internet access.... If not for the food pantries he may not have all that.....

actually its an embarrassment of riches. Most of them are double dippers using the food stamp program first and then the food bank.
In fact, in modern America, far more poor people suffer from too much food rather than too little.

The way to avoid the moral hazard in food stamps, save money, and improve health, is to limit their use to very basic, very cheap, very nutritious foods.

Agreed. My Wife runs the Food Pantry at our Church. It's a once a Week thing, and moves allot of food from various sources. They are real limited on sweets. They do a great job on Nutritional Foods.

can you comment on the conflict between food stanps and the food banks?? We are told everyone who is hungry can get food stamps?

I was responding to this Post Ollie. Sorry, I should have just Quoted it in the first place. ;)

I didn't say there was conflict. It's a good thing, the guy gets just over $600 a month on SSI, He has no short term memory. Remembers 10 years ago like it was last night but don't ask him about yesterday....... He lives in an Apartment which he pays $180 a month ran by Volunteers of America. And he gets by fairly well. He's not going to starve or be homeless, he has a TV, basic cable, a telephone, and internet access.... If not for the food pantries he may not have all that.....

It's common, there are plenty out there, not capable of support without help.That SSI factor says allot. I know a guy that does not even have that. He fell through the cracks long ago. He has a hard life. It gets cold here.

A question like this is testimony to liberal pathology. If children really went hungry the liberal would not lie but rather offer evidence that children go hungry and there are no Food Stamps.

HAHAHAHA, and people actually believe that statement? With every safety net we have in place and Mom or Dad can't sober up enough to trouble themselves to pick up some Aid?

HAHAHAHA, and people actually believe that statement? With every safety net we have in place and Mom or Dad can't sober up enough to trouble themselves to pick up some Aid?

It seems most likely that the moral hazard from several generations living off the welfare state is the primary cause of any hunger that exists. How else can you explain the failure to sign up for food stamps?

Dec 25, 2011 11:50am by karen todd in
Politics

6 tricks corporate elites use to hoard all the wealth-
and they are doing a fine job of not only this....but are running a campaign for your mind as well- which ends up stealing and turning your heart not against them- but against the very poor people their creative ponzi scheme business model is generating----
as the con continues- more people now especially those recently made poor- people who thought that this would- could NEVER happen to them!!! are seeing that the american dream only works for the few at the top- it was their dream - as more and more americans find themselves homeless- jobless with nowhere to turn now- to remedy their plight....well we face obstacles all of the time throughout life - this one is an ever growing hurdle- lets hope that knowledge of why these things are- the way that they are- gets out there- that creative minds can indeed flip this b*tch - and keep this from ever happening again-

How Can the World's Richest Country Let Children Go Hungry? 6 Tricks Corporate Elites Use to Hoard All the Wealth

“Squeezed by rising living costs, a record number of Americans, nearly 1 in 2, have fallen into poverty or are scraping by on earnings that classify them as low income."

“In 2010, 17.2 million households, 14.5 percent of households (approximately one in seven), were food insecure, the highest number ever recorded in the

What’s going on here? Aren't we the richest country on earth?

Day in and day out we are told that if the government doesn’t tighten its belt, we’re all headed for debtor’s prison. Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid are under attack. State budgets are in disarray. Teachers and firemen are getting canned. Public services are slashed. This is the new America and we'd better get used to it, the pundits proclaim. You would think we were a poor country.

But we’re not. We’re filthy rich, but the money is hidden away by the 1 percent while poverty rises all around. Here’s why.

1. Productivity continues to rise but the 99 percent doesn’t share in the benefits.

read more http://doodleicious.amplify.com/201...orlds-richest-country-let-children-go-hungry/

What country are you talking about? The one I live has the biggest debt and is therefore the poorest country.

A question like this is testimony to liberal pathology. If children really went hungry the liberal would not lie but rather offer evidence that children go hungry and there are no Food Stamps.

Actually, children in the US have multiple sources for foods. The food stamp programs allow not only food, but cash allowances for those with kids that qualify. The cash deal isn't available for those without kids. Then there's WIC, which also provides for specific foods necessary for women, infants, and children. That is in addition to food stamps and cash allowances.

Then there's free or low costs breakfast and lunches in public AND private schools, again in addition to the other named programs.

And of course the parent could also avail themselves to their local food pantries.

Yet everyday in this country, another financially disadvantaged person becomes self made.

Go figure.

Do you have data to support this? Do you mean, by financially disadvantaged, people that are otherwise unemployed and not relying on someone else for support? How many of them were homeless children?

Or do you just imagine it?

I've gotta wonder, because every person that I have known or heard of, who started their own business, was 1) being supported by someone else 2) working for a company as a manager or engineer, and made a deal to supply the company or take over part of the business 3) working for a company and saw an opportunity to start a business so they leveraged their house or 401k.

I think you over estimate what it takes to start a business.

Forum List

Back