How can the Black Community be Saved ?

73% of black families are fatherless. That does not mean that the same percentage of fathers have left or don't care. Some of them may not even know that they are fathers.

Placing two dysfunctional parents in charge of children is worse than one dysfunctional parent. I am not suggesting that all black parents are dysfunctional - just that two parent families is not necessarily the answer. Children need love and appropriate discipline. The love gives them acceptance and the discipline provides stability. Stable, accepting, children grow to be good citizens. They are also better parents when they have children.

The above is solely based on my four children and how they turned out and how their children have turned out. Your experience may differ.

I wholeheartedly agree with your assessment. Fix the family unit and you fix most if not all of the peripheral issues.
Hmm, it probably does take a village working together, and a nation acting as a team (using common sense thinking, along with the interjection of the Lord also being added back into the mix again, even if don't attend church in ones life, it still would be good to practice some kind of teaching of goodness in life to the children once again that involves the Lord), and all in order to begin fixing this stuff somehow (imho).

However, there are so many variables against this situation today, that it is down right disheartening to say the least anymore, otherwise it all being about the situation in which we suffer up under in this way, and especially the one that this nation has since gotten itself into somehow over the years by being ignorant of it's down the road affect in which was sure to come later on, and sadly is now upon us in which we don't know our way back from anymore as it seems.

We all have done this by allowing very bad trends to get started, and by also allowing government and corporations to destroy so much of our American society and history, along with the culture that once existed amongst us and/or between us in a positive way, and it was done by its influencing of through it's overwhelming power, influence and money that was used, and this is exactly how they have done this to us over the years now.

It just isn't funny by what has happened now, and I mean it really isn't funny anymore, and no one is laughing nor should they be, because the children are suffering badly and generations are lost as a result of all this mess.

We have created a society that is anti-family, self centered, highly selfish, anti-work, and they really don't know why anymore, and so they just go with the flow and become what they become without a clue as to why they became what they have become in their lives all as a result of.

The sad thing also these days, is that there are the children yes that are involved in these highly dysfunctional situations, and they get drug through the mud badly as a result of it all just as well.

beagle9,
I know you were trying very hard to say something but I just can't make any sense of your post.
Maybe it's me - but I just don't get it.

beagle9,
I know you were trying very hard to say something but I just can't make any sense of your post.
Maybe it's me - but I just don't get it.
Just referring to the modern family today, and how it is teetering on the brink anymore it seems, and how it has been for quite sometimes now is all.

Well, I can point to my children's families and show you that the same loving and respectful way that their children are growing up is how my kids grew up. "Modern" families are a fractured group. We hear in the news all about the bad ones but never hear about the good ones. It seems good news is no news instead of the other way around.
We hear about a shooting for weeks or months when there are almost as many times a day that people use guns to stop or prevent a crime as there are murders in a year which we rarely hear anything about. According to the report from the CDC, that Obama demanded, there are 4,110 to 8,219 times each day that a citizen stops or prevents a crime in the USA with a legal gun. That is between 1.5 and 3 million times a year.

The media reports what it does to prevent people from knowing the real facts. The shooting that killed 22 school children and those like it are so publicized that it seems they are a growing problem but in fact that kind of incident is declining along with all the other violent crime in our country.

Most families are doing a good job of raising their kids and preparing them for real life. I wish the schools were doing as good a job of actually educating our children (grandchildren in my case).

Thanks for helping this old guy to understand your point.

People need to stop pointing fingers and attempting to tell people what to do when they themselves have no ground to stand on. If you don't take the time to understand a persons position you cant hope to help them. One of the main things that can be done in the Black community that will translate to America in general is teaching people about how every choice they make effects their future. People in general think its always one dramatic life altering event in their lives but in truth its a series of decisions and choices they made that placed them in the spot they are in today. You run around claiming gloom and doom and thats what your life will reflect because you made a choice to concentrate on that. Whats cool is that at any point you can turn it around by concentrating on what you want, how to get it, and following a plan to make it come true.

1097969_621110251244177_1711158728_n.jpg

So poor minorities are worth more than poor whites?

I always figured you to be racist. Thanks for the clarification.

No, he is not being racist. As big as that sign is you missed the part that reads "POOR PEOPLE." That includes poor Whites. I was going to call you a foul name, but I am trying to be more civil lately... your oversight was respectfully noted, sir!

Blacks commit 50% of all murders
93% of those are against other blacks

This is a serious problem and fixing it would go along ways towards the betterment of this country.

1. Set up a program within the inner-cities to teach morals and right @ wrong.
2. Nudge this population to want to have a family together.
3. Stop the gang culture
4. Teach the children to love education and value their own advancement

Matthew, I usually don’t respond to your posts because I think you have a screw loose. But sometimes, against my better judgment, I have to reply to your craziness to restore some sense of sanity in the forums you contaminate.

Here you go again, indicting the entire US Black population for the misdeeds of a relatively few. Black thugs kill a few whites every year and you see that as a major disaster. It isn’t. And your incessant braying about how interracial murders are committed at a rate of 2 to 1 each year by blacks is nauseating. In other threads you said 400+ whites were killed by Blacks each year while 200+ Blacks were killed by Whites. Unlike you, I am saddened by ALL of those deaths. But the more compelling issue is your lack of concern about the far larger number of white on white murders and other crimes.

How can you expect Christian based Blacks to clean up the criminal infestations in their neighborhoods with little or no help from the police? Millions of upstanding Black citizens work and pay taxes too. Why aren’t their elected officials concerned enough to put an end to the inner city violence by declaring Martial Law? Go in there with troops if need be and root out the causes of violence. Governors can put troops in the streets of Chicago or LA if necessary. Decent Black citizens would welcome that kind of move as a viable alternative to the life of fear they now live.

But that won’t make the White on White violence go away. That statistic will loom even larger as Black crime dissipates in the inner cities.

But the more compelling issue is your lack of concern about the far larger number of white on white murders and other crimes.

Apparently you misunderstand the actual numbers then. The truth here is that many crimes are not simply overrepresented in blacks committing them but the black community is responsible for MORE than the white community at large even when looking at raw numbers. That’s right; blacks who represent 12 percent of the population actually commit MORE murders by raw numbers than whites do who represent 78 percent of the population.

If you don’t think that is a problem then you are simply nuts. The fact that murder rates in the black community are so damn high is a HUGE issue mostly because it increases the racial divide in the nation. There are real issues that need to be addressed here and sticking your head in the sane refusing to acknowledge that does nothing but perpetuate it.

Everybody keeps stating the problems we face. However, no one id providing solutions !!!

See my last post. Thats a start for not just the Black community but America at large. Somewhere along the line our interpersonal skills were discarded under the guise of standing up for our right to say what we want to say no matter the consequences. Being PC has become a bad thing. It should just be common courtesy. You cant propose a solution to a problem for someone that would rather kick your ass then listen to what you have to say. When you offend people you just lost any chance of getting through to them. Would you listen to someone that berated you? Start by fixing your attitude if you really want to help change the culture in the US.

"We" can't save anyone or any community unless they want to be "saved". Anyone who has dealt with habitual behaviors knows that until someone wants to make a change there is nothing anyone can do to change them. People who grow up learning the same habitual behaviors will continue those behaviors until they decide for themselves that it doesn't work for them. Then they can make the steps to change.

People don't respond to the "demands" from outsiders to change behavior in order to change outcomes.
It doesn't work with individuals, it doesn't work with groups and it doesn't work with nations.
You can't hand someone or a group freedom when they want to be controlled any more than you can control someone who wants freedom.

"We" can't save anyone or any community unless they want to be "saved". Anyone who has dealt with habitual behaviors knows that until someone wants to make a change there is nothing anyone can do to change them. People who grow up learning the same habitual behaviors will continue those behaviors until they decide for themselves that it doesn't work for them. Then they can make the steps to change.

People don't respond to the "demands" from outsiders to change behavior in order to change outcomes.
It doesn't work with individuals, it doesn't work with groups and it doesn't work with nations.
You can't hand someone or a group freedom when they want to be controlled any more than you can control someone who wants freedom.

Thats where leadership comes in. Someone may very well want something different but if they don't see a way they usually go back to the bad habits that got them there in the first place. If they have no clue why they have these bad habits its next to impossible to break the cycle. I make it a point to talk to people about this stuff on a daily basis. The more people talking about it the faster we get this resolved.

Everybody keeps stating the problems we face. However, no one id providing solutions !!!

Read the thread, there have been a few solutions. I mentioned the underlying cultural values and another family. Those would be an excellent start and likely to fix the entire thing.

If you are looking for governmental fixes then don’t bother – such is NOT possible. The reparation of the black community can only come from one place; the black community. No one can fix you or me. We need to fix ourselves and that is no different for anyone else.

This board has been a real education for me. Its naive of me I know, but I really thought racism was confined to a small minority of uneducated and stupid people.

Evidently, its a lot more common than I thought.

If we can't move beyond that, I don't see how we can ever see real change in our country.

Racism is confined to a small minority of whites and a large majority of blacks.

Until you idiots can be honest further discussion is moot point.

Link to the statistical proof, plz.

Link to disprove it please? :cool:

I DID provide a vable solution. Martial Law in the inner cities if the violence, murder and mayhem is as prevalent as the media and some here would make it seem. Give the decent tax paying Black folks a chance to reclaim their neighborhoods and live their lives free from fear of ex cons and various felons of any race! Theres a lot of white thugs in the ghetto too!

I DID provide a vable solution. Martial Law in the inner cities if the violence, murder and mayhem is as prevalent as the media and some here would make it seem. Give the decent tax paying Black folks a chance to reclaim their neighborhoods and live their lives free from fear of ex cons and various felons of any race! Theres a lot of white thugs in the ghetto too!

Yes, you gave a ‘solution.’ Throw out the constitution, rights and life on a whim with a police state.

That not a damn solution, it a damn insane totalitarian act and I can’t think of much that could possibly be worse.

But the more compelling issue is your lack of concern about the far larger number of white on white murders and other crimes.

Apparently you misunderstand the actual numbers then. The truth here is that many crimes are not simply overrepresented in blacks committing them but the black community is responsible for MORE than the white community at large even when looking at raw numbers. That’s right; blacks who represent 12 percent of the population actually commit MORE murders by raw numbers than whites do who represent 78 percent of the population.

If you don’t think that is a problem then you are simply nuts. The fact that murder rates in the black community are so damn high is a HUGE issue mostly because it increases the racial divide in the nation. There are real issues that need to be addressed here and sticking your head in the sane refusing to acknowledge that does nothing but perpetuate it.

No, I did not misunderstand the actual numbers. Depends on which year you choose to launch your agenda! The latest data I could find wasin this link:

FBI ? Expanded Homicide Data Table 6

In 2010 Whites were documented as comitting more murders than Blacks ( add it up.),
Now I understand that Blacks represent 13.5% of the population but that whole 13.5% aren't responsible for those murders. Only a tiny fraction of that 13.5% are killers and.or criminals. Compare the 5k + homicides comitted in 2010 by all races with the 90k deaths occuring each year due to medical error or incompetence. We need to address THAT issue first!

Yes, you gave a ‘solution.’ Throw out the constitution, rights and life on a whim with a police state.

That not a damn solution, it a damn insane totalitarian act and I can’t think of much that could possibly be worse.

I guess you don't know that if a state Governor declares Martial law there is no violation of the Constitution when he uses his National Guardsmen. Until the hardened criminal elements are neutralized...until drug supply routes into the cities are disrupted...until decent citizens are less fearful in cooperating with authorities to point out the criminals
...Martial law is the ONLY viable alternative to the WAY THANGS ARE!

Forum List

Back