How can something be mandatory and beneficial at the same time??

Just completed the second week at my state govt job and they are forcing you to choose between taking 8% out of your pay for pension and 401k or 7%. They are recommended the higher because it probably benefits them in some way. But why force someone to save if they dont want to? Now I know the pension is important but why the hell is the 401K mandatory? If I chose not to take it then that hurts me in the future so why is it not optional????????????

1. You are correct it hurt you for not doing it and I agree it should be your choice but if you did not study the benefits of your new job and what you had to contribute before taking it, well that is on you.

2. 7% is something you can budget around and is better for you and right now you are crying about Big Brother dictating to you but it is best you just do it with what you have written about how you spend, and your gambling issues...

The gambling account is separate from everything from else

Just completed the second week at my state govt job and they are forcing you to choose between taking 8% out of your pay for pension and 401k or 7%. They are recommended the higher because it probably benefits them in some way. But why force someone to save if they dont want to? Now I know the pension is important but why the hell is the 401K mandatory? If I chose not to take it then that hurts me in the future so why is it not optional????????????

1. You are correct it hurt you for not doing it and I agree it should be your choice but if you did not study the benefits of your new job and what you had to contribute before taking it, well that is on you.

2. 7% is something you can budget around and is better for you and right now you are crying about Big Brother dictating to you but it is best you just do it with what you have written about how you spend, and your gambling issues...

Matter not FBJ because sooner or later you will dip into the other accounts.

Safe the money and this time let big brother force you to save...

I say put 10% in and let it grow...

Matter not FBJ because sooner or later you will dip into the other accounts.

Safe the money and this time let big brother force you to save...

I say put 10% in and let it grow...

The percentage depends on your salary

I can tell you why. My employer did something similar with my 401K. It’s tougher for them to administer their program when there are people who aren’t in it, or who are in at lower levels. So they try to force you into their paradigm to make their life easier.

I can tell you why. My employer did something similar with my 401K. It’s tougher for them to administer their program when there are people who aren’t in it, or who are in at lower levels. So they try to force you into their paradigm to make their life easier.

I knew it was some hidden slimy shit

IT is mandatory. it states it in the handbook

Then you have no argument against it and are really just wasting your time and energy griping about it.

My point was why are they trying to act like something is SO GREAT when it's being forced on me?? If it is that great then it should be optional

My point was why are they trying to act like something is SO GREAT when it's being forced on me?? If it is that great then it should be optional

Optional does not exist in most non-union work environments these days. It costs too much money for them to administer who chose what options so they don’t give you any.

What is your alternative game plan?

Find a financial planner to help you achieve "better returns", commit to it in writing, and "negotiate that with your benefits department."

I plan to sign up but I just want to know why am I being forced into it
It would be nice if a female HR representative came over, "broke you into being a better Capitalist", and informed you, it really is for your own Good.

Came over and cuddled with me and whispered that in my ear while she was half naked
professional women should insist on results not excuses.

...the high risk petty cash fund?

They want you to stay off the dole when you reach retirement age. Why can't it be mandatory and beneficial at the same time?

Entertainment account. The one I will use to take you out

Entertainment account. The one I will use to take you out
...i love "getting over my bad attitude toward women with strippers."

What is your alternative game plan?

Find a financial planner to help you achieve "better returns", commit to it in writing, and "negotiate that with your benefits department."

:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

Going to school until the age of 16 rule in most states.

Forum List

Back