How can something be mandatory and beneficial at the same time??

fbj

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2014
Just completed the second week at my state govt job and they are forcing you to choose between taking 8% out of your pay for pension and 401k or 7%. They are recommended the higher because it probably benefits them in some way. But why force someone to save if they dont want to? Now I know the pension is important but why the hell is the 401K mandatory? If I chose not to take it then that hurts me in the future so why is it not optional????????????

Just completed the second week at my state govt job and they are forcing you to choose between taking 8% out of your pay for pension and 401k or 7%. They are recommended the higher because it probably benefits them in some way. But why force someone to save if they dont want to? Now I know the pension is important but why the hell is the 401K mandatory? If I chose not to take it then that hurts me in the future so why is it not optional????????????
Do all you can-believe me, you won't miss the money after awhile, and you will be surprised how much you will have at retirement.

Do all you can-believe me, you won't miss the money after awhile, and you will be surprised how much you will have at retirement.

I plan to do it but why am I being forced into it if it's so great???????????

Stop being a leech. Get a real job at a real company. Quit living off the taxpayers.

Oh yea, and fuck the Cowboys. Geaux Saints.

Last edited:

Stop being a leech. Get a real job at a real company. Quit living off the taxpayers.

Real Job? You on meds?

So you are not homeless at 65 like you see on TV

but i still thought i had a choice if i wanted to be homeless

but i still thought i had a choice if i wanted to be homeless
True, but others want to see you fit their expectations

Because your employers realize that most of its workers are too stupid to provide for their old age and force you to do it.

Because your employers realize that most of its workers are too stupid to provide for their old age and force you to do it.
I did not want to say it that way, but thank you.

No one is ‘forcing’ you to do anything.

You’re at liberty to quit at any time.

What is your alternative game plan?

Find a financial planner to help you achieve "better returns", commit to it in writing, and "negotiate that with your benefits department."

Real Job? You on meds?

Yea, one where actual customers buy your product or service. Ya know....where your paycheck doesn't come from taxpayers forced to pay taxes under threat of incarceration.

Find a financial planner to help you achieve "better returns", commit to it in writing, and "negotiate that with your benefits department."

I plan to sign up but I just want to know why am I being forced into it

Because believe it or not lots of folks are stupider than you.

Just go in for the max amount and get back to impressing all those ladies just dying to get to know the handsome new balding guy who thus far seems a bit odd.

Gee you're being "forced " to save money for your retirement.

IMO you should be putting at last 10% of your gross into that 401K

1. You are correct it hurt you for not doing it and I agree it should be your choice but if you did not study the benefits of your new job and what you had to contribute before taking it, well that is on you.

2. 7% is something you can budget around and is better for you and right now you are crying about Big Brother dictating to you but it is best you just do it with what you have written about how you spend, and your gambling issues...

It would be nice if a female HR representative came over, "broke you into being a better Capitalist", and informed you, it really is for your own Good.

Gee you're being "forced " to save money for your retirement.

IMO you should be putting at last 10% of your gross into that 401K

Only if I get a %20 raise to balance it out

It would be nice if a female HR representative came over, "broke you into being a better Capitalist", and informed you, it really is for your own Good.

Came over and cuddled with me and whispered that in my ear while she was half naked

Forum List

Back