How can people really vote for Santorum

Right now, I'd vote for Gingrich over Santorum.

Santorum over Romney.

Romney over Paul.

Hell, I'd vote for a bucket of chum over Paul.

But I'd still vote for Paul over President Obama.

Right now, I'd vote for Gingrich over Santorum.

Santorum over Romney.

Romney over Paul.

Hell, I'd vote for a bucket of chum over Paul.

But I'd still vote for Paul over President Obama.
*A B O*

We will handle the rest...

Well, on the Executive side, sure.

But more is needed.

Like the House and the Senate.
Agreed.

Pushing Dingy Harry Reid OUT would afford us oppritunity to dust off the House legislation he has sought fit to shelve and get us back on track.

I just dont understand how a logical person can vote for this guy. I'm trying to find a reason on why so many people would actually think this guy is any good. This guy is far gone.

I agree with you--and I am also totally puzzled by it---:cuckoo::cuckoo: Rick Santorum has used his Catholic upbringing to appeal to alot of Evangelicals. BUT--they apparently don't realize he stated this about them just two years ago.

On today’s Up with Chris Hayes, the host unveiled a 2008 talk by Rick Santorum that could possibly be the only thing to make him lose the American religious vote: one in which he condemns “mainline protestantism,” of all things, and claims it is now “gone from the world of Christianity.” Needless to say, these sorts of words coming from a Catholic cannot inspire confidence in the sort of voter that looked askance at John F. Kennedy for being a Papist.

The speech is from a 2008 event at Ave Maria College in Florida, where Santorum notes that America was founded upon a Christian philosophy but “the Judeo-Christian ethic was a Protestant one.” “We look at the shape of mainline protestantism in this country and it is in shambles, it is gone from the world of Christianity as I see it,” he concludes.
Chris Hayes Digs Up 2008 Santorum Speech Stating Protestants Are ‘Gone From The World Of Christianity’ | Mediaite

Of course--we also have him on record for still disagreeing with a 1965 U.S. Supreme court decision (Griswold v Connecticut) about states being able to ban birth control contraceptives.

Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum, whose strong base of evangelical Christian supporters has thrust him into contention in Iowa, said on Monday that he believes states should have the right to outlaw birth control and sodomy without the interference of the Supreme Court.

In an interview with Jake Tapper on ABC News, Santorum reiterated his opposition to the Supreme Court’s 1965 ruling that prevented Connecticut from banning contraception.

“The state has a right to do that, I have never questioned that the state has a right to do that," he said. "It is not a constitutional right. The state has the right to pass whatever statutes they have. That's the thing I have said about the activism of the Supreme Court--they are creating rights, and it should be left up to the people to decide."
Rick Santorum: States Should Have Power To Ban Birth Control, Sodomy

We even have Santorum on record for defending Catholic Priests in the child molestation scandals. Stating--"That Catholic Priests are just like the rest of us--they are affected by society ills."
Kennedy rips Santorum for abuse remarks - politics - msnbc.com

Then we have Rick Santorum on record--stating he DOES NOT BELIEVE in the Separation between Church and State-.
Rick Santorum 'almost threw up' when reading JFK's speech about the need for a separation between church and state | Mail Online

So while all these Evangelical Christians are just head over heels about Santorum--even though he has insulted them- it's clear in further investigation--that he has really missed his calling in life--he should have been a Catholic Priest.

Furthermore--there is NOTHING fiscally conservative about Rick Santorum. He has an enormous big spending & earmark record. His actual voting record shows no fiscal restraint--or a wanting of smaller--less intrusive government. In fact, just the opposite.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/16/u...-donations-flowed-in.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all

What A Big Government Conservative Looks Like | RedState

12777d1329018033-santorum-has-big-problems-earmarks-pay-play-campaign-donations-104640_600.jpg

So in answer to your question--it beats me why people are supporting him? One thing for certain--if Santorum--by some miracle--wins this nomination--he will get CREAMED by Barack Obama. They have already named their campaign against him. It will be the "war on women" campaign. And judging from Super Tuesday--women overwhelmingly voted for Mitt Romney--and if these weirdo's think they can do without 52% of the electorate vote--(which are women) then they're dumber than dirt.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back