How can Obama pick this person for the Supreme Court?

Why Obama is picking this new person to be on the supreme court is beyond me. Doesn't anyone see the conflict of interest of having a member of the prosecuting team be on the supreme court. Every case that is going to be argued will have a supreme court justice that has sympathies for the prosecuting team. This would not be a fair and balanced jury in any case.

And whom should he have picked that would have made you happy??? The person hasn't been born, so just admit it and put a sock in it.

I made a list of possibles in post #90.

And if Obama had chosen one of them, you'd soon find something about them to object to.

Why Obama is picking this new person to be on the supreme court is beyond me. Doesn't anyone see the conflict of interest of having a member of the prosecuting team be on the supreme court. Every case that is going to be argued will have a supreme court justice that has sympathies for the prosecuting team. This would not be a fair and balanced jury in any case.

Your lack of understanding of how our legal system works is astounding.

And whom should he have picked that would have made you happy??? The person hasn't been born, so just admit it and put a sock in it.

And if Obama had chosen one of them, you'd soon find something about them to object to.

0bama is incapable of picking one of them. You are incapable of proving your opinion. It is difficult to think you can be objective in any way.

A "good" justice is one who knows the Constitution, is not caught in the "originalist" crap propaganda, and committed to the law.

What exactly is that supposed to mean?

Jake is msguided and confused. Interpreting the Constitution is originalist. The two cannot be separated. Now had he said precident? Then he'd have something.

The problem I have with anyone Obama selects is Obama....not the selection.

There you have it, people: there's no valid complaint against Kagan- they're just still mad about losing to the black guy.
He wouldn't have picked her if she wasn't like him.
\

Are you saying Kagan is a communist NAZI voodoo priestess from Kenya? :cuckoo:
One of the things her supporters claim is that she's brilliant. Now a story is being floated that at least once she forgot to turn off her car when she got to work....she walked away from a running car and left it running all night.

I'm sure you've never had a brain fart or been worn out after a long day and done something stupid :rolleyes:

That's kind of a massive brain-fart.

Not only is that unsafe leaving a car running but it also is a complete waste of fuel...not to mention the pollution she pumped into the air.

Course some folks tend to excuse anything these people do.

They claim they're just being sloppy when they're doing stupid things but Sarah Palin is just plain stupid for not naming off publications she reads.

The immediate reaction would be to do that....because Obama has made plain he doesn't play by the rules and doesn't give a fuck what is in the best needs of this country.

However if he were to pick someone that was acceptable he probably would get more understanding then Bush ever did.

no, whistle, it means that you are mad that BHO got elected, and you refuse to accept the electoral and constitutional process. Tuff luck, son.

The immediate reaction would be to do that....because Obama has made plain he doesn't play by the rules and doesn't give a fuck what is in the best needs of this country.

However if he were to pick someone that was acceptable he probably would get more understanding then Bush ever did.

0bama can't walk the bipartisan talk.

Nope, that's a lie. The GOP torpedoed his attempts, not understanding as the losers they were the junior (the minority) partner in consensus. The GOP would not accept that. I said late last summer if the GOP would not work with the Dems, they would ram a plan down the Republicans' throat and the ramming would not hurt them in the fall elections this year. I was correct in my first assessment and I don't see anything that would lead me to doubt Dem dominance this fall.

Nope, that's a lie. The GOP torpedoed his attempts, not understanding as the losers they were the junior (the minority) partner in consensus. The GOP would not accept that. I said late last summer if the GOP would not work with the Dems, they would ram a plan down the Republicans' throat and the ramming would not hurt them in the fall elections this year. I was correct in my first assessment and I don't see anything that would lead me to doubt Dem dominance this fall.

You have a very short memory.

Memory? Hell he can't cognate period. We are discussing Supreme Court nominees here.

Switching gears. The Dems are going to lose on a scale of 40-80 seats this fall.

Additional reminder to Jokey: Your on ignore fool. I can't respond to you until someone else posts your lame statements.

no, whistle, it means that you are mad that BHO got elected, and you refuse to accept the electoral and constitutional process. Tuff luck, son.

I think you might want to look in the mirror bud.

For someone who likes throwing around accusations of dishonesty you sure have a propensity to do so yourself.

The problem with Obama being elected is that he circumvented the process...which he does on a regular basis by using czars and limiting media access. The fact that normal Parliamentary rules don't seem to apply to his legislative actions. Even if the damned thing doesn't make it through Congress it still finds it's way into being law through Executive Order.

Questions about if he's even qualified to be President....

Questions about whether every vote was counted on both sides....

Questions about how the GOP ended up having to run the least popular Republican against him need answering.

Questions about his true religion...

Questions about whether or not he's a racist....

All of the above seems to surface periodically.

I'm not mad he got elected because when he was I breathed a sigh of relief. I figured that at least for once the Dems would be exposed and all of the negative press McCain would have gotten wouldn't be on constant display. I used to scream at the television watching it....now I just fume....and shake my head.

Last edited:

My memory stretches for decades as well as for minutes. Don't for second believe that John and Mitch wanted to build a consenus. Their actions (much less their faces during the State of Union address) clearly indicate their agenda: it aint bipartisanship no matter what they say.

Memory? Hell he can't cognate period. We are discussing Supreme Court nominees here.

Switching gears. The Dems are going to lose on a scale of 40-80 seats this fall.

Additional reminder to Jokey: Your on ignore fool. I can't respond to you until someone else posts your lame statements.

This post I have on file to remind save liberty what a yoik he is. Silly person, silly person.

But, hey, that's America, even silly persons like save liberty get to show their yoikhood.

I think you might want to look in the mirror bud.

For someone who likes throwing around accusations of dishonesty you sure have a propensity to do so yourself.

The problem with Obama being elected is that he circumvented the process...which he does on a regular basis by using czars and limiting media access. The fact that normal Parliamentary rules don't seem to apply to his legislative actions. Even if the damned thing doesn't make it through Congress it still finds it's way into being law through Executive Order.

Questions about if he's even qualified to be President....

Questions about whether every vote was counted on both sides....

Questions about how the GOP ended up having to run the least popular Republican against him need answering.

Questions about his true religion...

Questions about whether or not he's a racist....

All of the above seems to surface periodically.

I'm not mad he got elected because when he was I breathed a sigh of relief. I figured that at least for once the Dems would be exposed and all of the negative press McCain would have gotten wouldn't be on constant display. I used to scream at the television watching it....now I just fume....and shake my head.

The above is lying, son. You have no creditibility on this Board. Very few conloons do.

0bama is incapable of picking one of them. You are incapable of proving your opinion. It is difficult to think you can be objective in any way.

Yes, if only I could be as objective as you are. I'd never ask for another thing.

It would require effort and a wicked sense of humor. The sarcasm is a nice start.

Forum List

Back