How can McCain compete with the Obama money machine?

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US
The Amazing Money Machine

The most striking thing about all this was that the headquarters is entirely self-sufficient—not a dime has come from the Obama campaign. Instead, everything from the computers to the telephones to the doughnuts and coffee—even the building’s rent and utilities—is user-generated, arranged and paid for by local volunteers. It is one of several such examples across the country, and no other campaign has put together anything that can match this level of self-sufficiency.

Obama has raised nearly 1/4 Billion dollars. Can McCain compete with this while he has luke warm evangelical supporters?

Last edited:
"Luke" warm--- would that be the evangelical thing?

Well, this country is all about money money money and who has, who doesn't, so I guess the one with the most $$$$$$$$$$$ is a credit to who we are and what we really believe in, LOL.......

Why would something like that surprise you?

"Luke" warm--- would that be the evangelical thing?

Well, this country is all about money money money and who has, who doesn't, so I guess the one with the most $$$$$$$$$$$ is a credit to who we are and what we really believe in, LOL.......

Why would something like that surprise you?

Rich people rule !! yay !!!

It seems quite a few of Obama's cupporters are small contributors or even just volunteers.

“We’ve tried to bring two principles to this campaign,” Rospars told me. “One is lowering the barriers to entry and making it as easy as possible for folks who come to our Web site. The other is raising the expectation of what it means to be a supporter. It’s not enough to have a bumper sticker. We want you to give five dollars, make some calls, host an event. If you look at the messages we send to people over time, there’s a presumption that they will organize.”

That is usually the case, Jill. It seems the Dems have turned the table on the GOP when it comes to raising cash. One factor with McCain could be the reluctance of the far right to whole heartedly support him. Many neocons I know, and love, are still holding their noses over his impending candidacy. I LOVE IT!

Even though Obama raised more money as a candidate, McCain has the most money, or cash on hand.

Senator Obama has $46,500,000 cash on hand. His burn rate (or the amount he spends his money is 114%. He is spending more money than he is making. The DNC has only $4,430,000 cash on hand. The actual party has seen POOR fundraising for Obama.

Senator McCain has $31,500,000 cash on hand. He has (as a candidate) raised less than Obama, but his campaign has a competitive cash on hand ratio.

The big jump for McCain is where the RNC comes in. The RNC traditionally raises more money that the DNC, and usually the candidates as well. The RNC as a party has raised more money than the Democratic party and Obama. The RNC adds an additional $53,600,000 to McCain's Campaign as cash on hand.

So even though Obama has raised more as a candidate, the Republicans still have more money.

Forum List

Back