How can I debate people like this?

theim

May 11, 2004
Madison, WI
Today I was arguing with a classmate ( a hardcore college liberal) on the issue of media bias. His position was that there was none, and if there was it was a RIGHT WING bias.

I pointed out the LA Times, New York Times, CNN, and CBS were all liberally biased. He said they weren't.

I specifically brought up Ted Turner and memogate and an editorial by the NYT. He said they weren't biased at all, but that they were simply...well, true. And if there is ANY positive press about the Bush Admin., it shows a conservative bias because the Bush Admin. has done nothing right. And the MSM hadn't questioned Bush enough leading up to the Iraq War.

Now this left me downright tounge-tied. It had the effect of throwing a wrench into my system of logic. This assumption of his, that liberal meant automatically correct, it just...argh.

So, he left smug and confident, and I was let stammering and stuttering. Jesus how can I argue with someone who has no attachment to rationality?

you just smile and let them live in their delusional world. then back away slowly and make sure you never converse with them again for fear of catching their terminal disease: Liberalism.

Forum List

Back