How Can I Convince My Husband . . .

Don't torment your husband. Relent. My wife/daughter are nagging me for another dog and there's just no way. I told them either when the dog dies or kid goes off to college or wherever.

I haven't lived in a pet-free household for 30 years.

What would you do if you came home from work one day and there was this dog, all big-eyed and scared just wanting a home? Would you make them take it back?

Don't torment your husband. Relent. My wife/daughter are nagging me for another dog and there's just no way. I told them either when the dog dies or kid goes off to college or wherever.

What would you do if you came home from work one day and there was this dog, all big-eyed and scared just wanting a home? Would you make them take it back?

How could I argue with that LOL.

It did happen several years ago. We lived in the country and folks were dumping pets all the time. I came home to discover we "inherited" another dog. But we're in the city now and I just could not handle it. Nope that's where I put the foot down. :D

:disbelief: Hmmmm, i asked for that one. Let's try this again. I'll get you a new dog if you'll have sex with me!!! Although, i am an animal. :thup:;)

i think yer barking up the wrong tree. Woof. :razz:

View attachment 9862

Dis is az much of eh boner az I kin give ya. :D

milkbone.gif

Tell him if you don't get the dog, you'll put him in the dog house. :lol:

After all, he's barking up the wrong tree and giving you a ruff time over this.

:razz:

You are a lucky man. I can't imagine living without them.

. . . that we should get another dog? We (the kids and I) all want another dog but the hubs is nixing it. He says when the cat dies. :rolleyes:

There's a 10 year old white German Shepard at the spca that needs a home. I want to go adopt her, hubs would be pissed. Hmmmm, what to do . . . .

This is my whole issue with the concept of 'marriage'.... why do you need his permission? Just go get it and say 'unlucky'.

. . . that we should get another dog? We (the kids and I) all want another dog but the hubs is nixing it. He says when the cat dies. :rolleyes:

There's a 10 year old white German Shepard at the spca that needs a home. I want to go adopt her, hubs would be pissed. Hmmmm, what to do . . . .

German Shepards are good for home defense. Use that angle.

Forget keeping the dog, send it to me, that way I can tell my husband it was a gift and I can't take it back....we've been without a cat for over a year and without a dog for a couple of months now. I'm starting to look around but, well, hubby says "no".

Forum List

Back