How can I convert my piano music into sheet music on my laptop to print off?

Milcher

Rookie
Jul 3, 2011
Ok. Is there anything I could possibly hook up to my piano or even a type of microphone or any type of technology out there where I can record my music I play on my piano and then it will convert it to music notes on music sheet paper through my laptop? I know I've seen it and movies and probably recording studio where they play the piano and the music notes appear on the computer screen on sheet music.

Ok. Is there anything I could possibly hook up to my piano or even a type of microphone or any type of technology out there where I can record my music I play on my piano and then it will convert it to music notes on music sheet paper through my laptop? I know I've seen it and movies and probably recording studio where they play the piano and the music notes appear on the computer screen on sheet music.
This link might help.

Music Notation Software Review 2011 | Notation Software, Music Programs - TopTenREVIEWS

Music notation software lets you preserve your musical ideas in the form of professional-quality sheet music. Many notation programs can transcribe your music in real-time as you play a MIDI keyboard attached to your computer — some programs even transcribe the notes as you sing or play an instrument into a microphone. You don’t really need a MIDI keyboard or a microphone to create beautiful music because all notation software lets you enter notes manually using your mouse. You can also import existing MIDI files so you can create your masterpieces with a few creative edits.
After you have put your finishing touches on your masterpiece, print it to start a collection of sheet music or export it to another MIDI instrument or sound module so it can be enjoyed by family and friends.
In this site, you’ll find articles on music notation software and comprehensive reviews of programs such as Sibelius First. You will also find a checklist of features included with each reviewed program that will help you decide which notation software is best for you.

Forum List

Back