How can I boycott the Oscars...

I haven't watched the Oscars since maybe 2002 lol.
Me neither--not for political reasons, though. I just stopped going to the movies and didn't know what they were talking about. I watched the Entertainment news afterward for the clothes. That's the best (or worst) part anyway.

I don't go to the movies nearly as much as I used to, but I still do watch and appreciate good movies. I also co-produced my younger sister's first indie short film. She's in the camera operator's guild and works on a lot of famous food shows on TV as well as other shows and even some movies. I'm also into screenwriting and trying to hone that skill as a side hobby.

I don't hate all of Hollywood, just some of the more obnoxious ones who want to preach while making millions of dollars per year. And even some of those I can appreciate for their acting or directing. I just don't care about watching hours of an awards ceremony any more lol.
The last time I was in a movie theater was treating my son and his family to the 3-D Part II of The Hobbit, I think it was. That was a few years ago. Was not particularly impressed with the 3-D thing, either. Maybe it doesn't work so well over trifocals. I dunno.
I nearly collapsed when they charged $11 for my popcorn.

Me neither--not for political reasons, though. I just stopped going to the movies and didn't know what they were talking about. I watched the Entertainment news afterward for the clothes. That's the best (or worst) part anyway.

I don't go to the movies nearly as much as I used to, but I still do watch and appreciate good movies. I also co-produced my younger sister's first indie short film. She's in the camera operator's guild and works on a lot of famous food shows on TV as well as other shows and even some movies. I'm also into screenwriting and trying to hone that skill as a side hobby.

I don't hate all of Hollywood, just some of the more obnoxious ones who want to preach while making millions of dollars per year. And even some of those I can appreciate for their acting or directing. I just don't care about watching hours of an awards ceremony any more lol.
The last time I was in a movie theater was treating my son and his family to the 3-D Part II of The Hobbit, I think it was. That was a few years ago. Was not particularly impressed with the 3-D thing, either. Maybe it doesn't work so well over trifocals. I dunno.

Haha, I agree about 3D. I won't pay to see a movie in 3D unless the movie was made by someone like James Cameron or Ang Lee.

Haha, I agree about 3D. I won't pay to see a movie in 3D unless the movie was made by someone like James Cameron or Ang Lee.

A couple years ago my old big screen broke down, so I bought a beautiful 80" HD television with 3D. I never knew what a problem 3D was. Trying to find movies or shows that are broadcast in 3D is nearly impossible.

Oh, and welcome to USMB.:welcome:

A couple years ago my old big screen broke down, so I bought a beautiful 80" HD television with 3D. I never knew what a problem 3D was. Trying to find movies or shows that are broadcast in 3D is nearly impossible.

Oh, and welcome to USMB.:welcome:

Thanks. :D

The biggest elitist hypocritical stuck up snobs on earth somehow convincing their pathetic hillary voting fans that they truly identify with the poor as they saunter across the red carpet wearing a half billion dollars worth of clothing and jewelry?

Does not take much of an effort to find reason to hate them as much as me.

Who cares about the modern jesters awarding each other a prize and flaunting their wealth and decadence? Audiences have been declining steadily for more than ten years.

I don't watch movies or newer shows. I think Hollywood lost it's creativity. It seems the past years they look to recreate old shows and movies. I'm just not into seeing remakes of Batman, Spiderman, The Monsters or anything like that.

Years ago they used to have some pretty good ideas. Now (at least with the few shows I watched) it's people in the house or at work. No more situational comedies like MASH, Barney Miller, Cheers, Sanford and Son's. Just no creativity anymore.

you ever notice how Right-Wingers make fun of liberal "snowflakes" for boycotting something so insignificant and not worth the arguing over, and then turn around and try to boycott something so insignificant and not worth arguing over?

Like That Hamilton Boycott for addressing Pence...

And that Kellogg's boycott for pulling sponsoring from Breitbart.

And now this Oscars boycott because... those damn liberal actors.

Y'all need to chill out there

Well this is something unfamiliar to liberals, it's called a peaceful protest. Simply don't watch it. You don't have to pay police overtime, it won't turn into riots, you don't have to construct a pussy hat, and you won't be assaulting strangers in the street.

...when I'd never watch them in the first place?

I'll tell you what...this year I will boycott the Oscars as a symbolic protest against their political bias...totally unlike the past 30 years when I ignored the Oscars because they were boring, pretentious, and irrelevant.

I never watch it. But this year I boycotted the Super Bowl. It's not that I'm big sports fan or anything like that, but I used to turn it on because it was (sometimes) the best game of the year. I didn't look into it, but I read others saying they had a terrible audience this year, so apparently I'm not the only one.

Instead of the Oscars I have been watching Masterpiece Theatre on PBS about the history and reign of Queen Victoria.

These are some of the best actors and dramatists in the English speaking world.

Far better than the clowns on the Academy Awards show.

Forum List

Back